InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Hanyou love ❯ Naraku's Plan ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

It started off as a normal day for Inuyasha,Kagome,Miroku,Sango,Shippo,and Kirara as they sat sleepy in the Pristess Kaede's hut. They had just finished slaying a large dragon demon and it had taken most of their strength to defeat him.Sitting in his usual position, Inuyasha glanced over at Kagome as she helped Kaede stir some herbs into a pot that was supposed to sooth the tired group. "Uhg! You old hag that stuff stinks!" Inuyasha's sensitive nose could not take the smell so he jumped up,ran from the hut and up his favorite tree. Kagome soon followed after him, " Are you alright Inuyasha? I'm sorry if the smell bugged you." she looked up at him and admired how beautiful his eyes looked reflecting in the sun. Oh Inuyasha... I wonder what your thinking about." It was sweltering hot outside and Kagome looked up at the tree longingly.Inuyasha sensed that she wanted up so he leaned down grabbing Kagome's arms and lifted her gently into the tree. " Thanks." Kagome said and Inuyasha grunted. Cooled and relaxed, Kagome laid back resting her head against his chest. Startled Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her slender body laying his cheek on top of her head. Eventually, they fell asleep like this, temporarily unaware that someone was watching them.
Back in Naraku's castle he waved away Kanna( the albino demon and incarnation of Naraku) who had been focusing her mirror on the sleeping hanyou and miko. Sitting on a rug watched as Kanna left the room and he was alone. So Inuyasha, you have another weakness. Naraku chuckled to himself. I should have realized it before.The way he protects her as he would Kikyo. Yes,Kagome could be of great use. He laughed aloud just thinking about the look on Inuyasha's face when he finds out what Naraku has planned gave him a shudder of longing.
The next morning, Inuyasha woke up and looked down at the still sleeping Kagome stroking her beautiful black hair until she opened her eyes and gave him a sleepy smile that set his heart in fire. " Good morning. Did I bother you?" she sat up and yawned. " No. Are you hungry?" he asked as he picked her up and jumped from the tree. She nodded and together they walked to the river to catch some fish for breakfast. While Inuyasha focused on the fish, Kagome went somewhere secluded to change. A few minutes later she emerged wearing a similar kimono to Kaede's only a satin purple color with golden symbols sown in,that Kaede had given to her as a gift. Inuyasha, who had been taking a second to admire the large fish, looked at Kagome in her outfit and was so distracted that the fish he'd been holding slipped up and out of his hands, slapping him in the face. Inuyasha kept trying to grab hold of the fish each time losing his grip on it giving the fish more chances to slap the poor hanyou in the face. Kagome was laughing so hard that her face was turning red. Inuyasha turned his head towards her still trying to catch the evil fish and shouted, " You think this is funny? Why don't you come try this and then we'll see who's laughing?"
" Oh no, I think your doing a fine job please don't let me distract you." she said then added, "Oh by the way, you might wanna try GRABBING the fish."
" Why you-" Before Inuyasha could finish, the flopping fish somehow landed in his mouth giving him a disgusting taste of fish scales and catching him by surprise so he lost his footing sending him face first into the water. Finally, about an hour later, they had enough fish to last them through breakfast and lunch. When they returned to Kaede's hut however, Sango and Miroku were busy fighting off some more demons so Kagome and Inuyasha rushed to help. Inuyasha pulled his Tetseiuga and swung it at the demons. " WIND SCAR!" he screamed and slashes of light erupted from the sword destroying the enemies in one fatal blow. Kagome, who was preoccupied at the moment, felt the hairs on the back of her neck stick up and swung around ready to face another demon but was greeted by darkness instead.