InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

My Heart

Kagome stood outside in the rain as the sun came up over the eastern skies. An orange glow began to rise on the small hill she was standing on. As the light crept closer to where her skirt brushed the ground under her bare feet she stirred at the new warmth slowly rising and the wind began to die. A cold chill suddenly crept over her, she looked behind her, not turning her body to face the oncoming and unexpected guest. Inuyasha came closer, anger in his eyes. She left in the middle of the night and for the last few hours has been up on the hilltop watching the skies. Inuyasha was not angry because she left that night, but because she refused to leave this morning. Perhaps she was still upset about what he had said the night before.

She remembered it so clearly; she wished it were a dream or maybe a nightmare. The night was cold and dark and the sun had already set over the west. Inuyasha was in a rage that they were not getting any jewel shards from the latest attackers and that they were supposed to be getting shards.

"Well, Inuyasha we should be there in a few days." Kagome said hopefully. Inuyasha was unmoved.

"Shut up, Kagome! You said we were going to be there in a few days three times already. How far are we?" Inuyasha demanded.

"Not to long. I think they're moving, that's all." Kagome thought that Inuyasha would yell at her for not telling him sooner, but she wasn't prepared for what he said next. "Kagome,"

"You are supposed to find the jewels and lead us there," Inuyasha spat as he started to stand up, "You're no good to us if you don't help us find the jewel, it's your fault it broke in the first place. You might as well go home, you shouldn't risk our necks in order to feel important!"

Kagome was hurt and hurt badly. She fought tears that were threatening to spill like a waterfall over her face. 'Is that all I am to him,' she thought, 'A jewel shard detector and a liability. No.' Kagome stood; a single tear ran from her cheek. She didn't even have the words to 'sit' him as he thought she was going to do. All she thought she could handle was being alone, all alone.

And there she stood.

The middle of the dark forest of forever was more inviting than him. She thought about going home, then a strange thought came, she would make Inuyasha like her or at least make him see that there was someone who wouldn't think of her as a burden or just some human girl looking for attention. Who she could go to, she didn't know.

She started walking, in some obscure direction. The forest to the west of where she stood on the hill was indeed were she was headed. Kagome didn't talk to Inuyasha not trusting her voice. She quickly glanced at him before going it to the woods. Miroku laid a hand on Inuyasha's tense shoulder warning him not to follow.

She continued to walk away, this time she wouldn't come back until she found someone who cared enough and would be willing to let her take care of Shippou, too. She walked, her feet already sore, not from walking, but from standing on the hill all night. She thought she heard voices, familiar voices, but she paid no attention; her heart was set on getting away from Inuyasha before she didn't have the strength to keep going.

She began to run when the voices seemed to close to her now. She ran as fast as her feet would carry her. Her tears began to spill as she ran; it began to cloud her vision. She tried not to look back. The ground kicked up beneath her feet covering the foot trail she left behind. She dodged the trees, but she couldn't avoid hitting the branches that hung down in disarray. The tears stung her eyes and scratches appeared as she hazily hit branches in front of her.

She heard a grunt and finally she realized that she was on the ground, she didn't bother to see who it was she ran into and kept running, more tears falling as she tried to use her last reserves of strength to keep running. She heard someone following, possibly whom she ran into, she knew whoever it was, was faster than her and easily catching up to her with great agility, she feared that it would be Inuyasha after her. She quickened her pace, sending waves of pain up and down her body it the effort.

Whoever it was, was behind her now, she didn't turn around as an arm grabbed at her wrist causing her to fly backward into the unknown personage. She gasped for breath, holding her eyes closed, afraid to open them again as if she would die if she did. They still held her wrist in they're clenched hand. In a wasted effort to keep herself standing she feel back onto the torso of the one standing behind her. At this point she couldn't even feel embarrassed.

"You are brave human wench aren't you." A man behind her said in more of a statement than a question, "You run, alone in the forest, without the pathetic Inuyasha to protect you, you are awfully brave Inuyasha's wench." The voice she recognized as Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's brother. Even then, she was glad it wasn't Inuyasha. What was it he called her? Inuyasha's wench? "I'm not Inuyasha's anything. I don't want to be, either; that's why I'm alone now. I don't want to have anything to do with him." Though she didn't know what his reaction was besides silence, he was surprised, she was always so loyal to his half-brother. What has the hanyou done now? What in the seven hells is going on?

It was at that moment that he had an idea, Jaken wasn't around to bother him, he was back at his castle. He knew that they would come for her, and he was eager to take something that was his brother's. She would do very nicely indeed. He sniffed her curiously; she had Inuyasha's sent all over her. "Time for a wash." Sesshomaru started as he felt he should hold his breath. He let go of her wrist only to pick her up in his arms and proceed to carry her on his shoulder. She was very light, and to his amazement, she didn't even struggle, he heard her muffle a word under her breath that was easy for him to hear, 'hentai.' Though he heard it he ignored it, eager to get to the lake that rested near by.