InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha combed the forests and valleys for any sign of Kagome. He failed. She was gone. Thoughts of her wereabouts plagued his mind in fits of terror and rage and madness. It had been a whole week, and no trace of her. His rage lay dormant inside him so long and it built up so much that he evensually started attacking random demons. "Sesshomaru doesn't even care." He stated as he began to head toward Kaede-baba's village to rest and eat. Then he would try again.

The moon hung over the sky like a white giant in the sky, with darkness looming about its glowing radiance. However, there was no peace tonight. It had been a little over a week; Sesshomaru couldn't take it, he didn't even know if she was safe with Inuyasha or not. He didn't want to frighten her, seeing as how tormented she was.

No, he would find her. He would make sure she was safe, even if he had to carry her away. Rushing to the door of his fixed study he headed out into the chilling night the rescue his damsel in distress, his Kagome.

"Inuyasha! Inuyasha!" The monk was about to just give up. Inuyasha had never been out this long before. Even Keade-baba was worried. The wind was so chilling that the hair on everyone's neck stood up as the wind howled and blew in their direction. If anyone could survive out in the forest alone it was Inuyasha. Turning back to the village, Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara hung their heads in prayer for their comrade.

It was raining and cold. The fierce wind blew in every direction sending chills down her spine. She had been there for several days to be sure. Her disoriented thoughts had been lightened as she stayed there. Maybe no one cared. Inuyasha would find her and drag her back if he could, but Sesshomaru, doesn't he care. She lifted her hand to her neck reminding herself of the day she let herself be taken. What would have happened if Inuyasha hadn't barged in? Would he actually have her that completely? These questions raced in her mind to no end.

She played her memories of both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha over and over in her mind. Each different emotion stilled her beating heart. If only someone was there to hold her, to comfort her. Maybe the last few days she didn't want anyone, but now she couldn't imagine warmth anymore. She lowered her head to her arms resting on her knees as she leaned against an old oak. She began to cry the same hurting emotions that forced the well in her heart to come flooding out.

Why did everything that once seemed so good, now seem so bad? How could her heart ever let this happen?

"Sesshomaru. thank you. I know you understand, but I. I need you now. Please."

She cried until she had no more tears to weap.

"Kagome. I needed you more than I knew." Sesshomaru was there, On the top of the hill standing in front of her. She knew that he had not been well in days. "I cannot choose for you. Who do you choose?"

For a moment Kagome's heart skipped a beat. 'He's so good.' Kagome stood, her legs wobbled with uneasiness. One last tear slipped from her eye as she ran toward him. The sight in front of him was too much to bear. In one quick movement he grabbed her in the air and began spinning her about him. Her laughter tickled his ears and made his mind surge with a newfound easiness and rest. 'Her'

Kagome's mother was in the kitchen cooking dinner when she thought she heard her daughter's laughing. She quickly went into the table and found a note, with familiar writing, Kagome's hand. She opened the letter and found a long message:

Dear Mom, Souta, and Grampa,

I am going to stay in Feudal Japan. I don't know how it happened, but I fell in love. Please understand. Take care, I love you all so much. Goodbye, Kagome

Kagome's mother began to weep in tears of joy and sorrow. She wouldn't even get a chance to say goodbye before she all too soon passed.

More coming soon.