InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Immortal ❯ When it Began ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 3: When It Began.


I was listening to the song we danced to while I rocked Kyo to sleep last night and I thought about how we had ended up alone like this. It made me smile. Because even though I hated the ending, the story that lead up to it was worth reading. And as this beeing my autobiography, I wanted you my readers to know how I ended up this way. This is my story.

"Hurry up Kagome! I have a bad feeling about this place and I dont want to stay here longer then we need to." Inuyasha bellowed. Sometimes he could be so inconsiderate.
"Im coming Inuyasha. And whats so bad about this place? Its beautiful here. I have never seen so many different flowers." I picked another blue rose looking flower and brought it to my nose. It smelled like heaven should smell.
"Lady Kagome, do you not know where we are?" Miroku was always so kind with his words to me. His hands however...
~~~SMACK~~~
"Hentai!... And no I dont happen to know where we...." I felt it then. A strong demonic aura. It was very close and coming very fast. I know this aura. Its Inuyasha's older brother. Sesshoumaru.
"Kagome get behind me! Its my bastard brother!" Inuyasha yelled to me but for some reason I was in a trance. He was suddenly right in front of me. His normaly white haorai, kimono, and hakama were soaked in blood. His eyes were crimson and he growled continuosly. It was then that I noticed her. The little girl, Rin, who followed him around. She was laying lifeless in his arms and I realized then that she was the source of the blood. He hadnt come to fight, he had come for aid.
"No Inuyasha. He wont harm us." I took a deep breath and approached him slowly looking him in the eye and keeping my hands infront of me. Dealing with Inuyasha when he was trying to transform taught me to do this. I spoke softly to him.
"Sesshoumaru-sama, its alright we wont harm the child. May I take a look at her wounds?" I held my arms out to take the girl and he growled louder but nodded as if he seemed to understand. He placed Rin in my arms and I felt her breathing. She was alive but barely. I turned my head to the others.
"Guys, I am going to need my bag, some warm water, some soap, and something to use for bandages. I am also going to need the spare sleeping bag from Kaede. Sango, can you and Kirara get the bag?"
"Sure Kagome. Come on Kirara lets go!" And Sango took off to get the bag. Miroku and Shippou went to gather the water to heat up while Inuyasha brought me my bag and gave me his under kimono. I thanked him as he tore it into strips to use for bandaging. When I began to remove Rins torn and blood soaked kimono however, Sesshoumaru began to growl again.
I thought for a moment and let my maternal instincts kick in. I held Rin close and nuzzled the girl whimpering softly and it seemed to sooth the demon lord as well as the child. Once they were both calm I removed the kimono and began cleaning her with the water and soap. Once all the blood was removed I was able to apply medicine and dress the wounds. Only a few were life threatening. But none of them would cause the amount of blood on the child. I glanced over at Sesshoumaru who had lost the redness to his eyes and who was no slumped against the base of a tree. I approached him cautiously. It was just us seeing as Inuyasha ran off to be with Kikyou again and Miroku and Shippou had gone to the stream to catch fish. Sango was sleeping in the tent..
"Lord Sesshoumaru, I have finnished attending to Rin's wounds and she is out of imediate danger. She is sleeping now."
He looked up at me and I bowed my head in respect to him but I showed no fear.
"Your name miko?"
"My name is Higurashi-Kagome. My lord, but if you like you can just call me Kagome."
He nodded his head in understanding.
"You may raise your head Kagome. I owe you a great deal of gratitude."
"It was nothing Sesshoumaru-sama. I have met Rin on several occasions and am quite fond of the girl. May I ask how she was injured."
He seemed to stop breathing all together as his eyes became tinged pink around the edges and he growled out one word. Or I should say name.
"Naraku."
I nodded in understanding and took a seat beside him. He looked at me caustioulsly as his eyes were now completely crimson yet again. I did the only thing I could think of. I lowered my chest completely to the ground with my rump in the air and my head to the side. A complete sign of surrendor, and for Sesshoumaru, dominance. It seemed to please him and slowly his eyes regained their normal gold color.
"Forgive me Kagome I did not mean to frighten you. You may rise. There is no need for you to do such around me."
"You didnt frighten me. I only did it to help calm you and bring you back into focus. Naraku has done something to hurt all of us but why would he attack a helpless child like Rin?"
"To get at me. He had tried to capture her and she was injured in the process as well as myself. Thank you again Kagome."
"You were injured as well? That may explain all the blood. Not all of it was Rins."
He nodded again but then gritted his teeth and flinched a bit as if in pain and grabbed what was left of his arm which was somewhat shorter then last time and gushing blood.
"Sessh your bleeding badly. Let me help."
He looked at me strangely like I had grown a second head or something but nodded. I wrapped my hands around the bleeding stump of his arm and concentrated my powers into my hands. All of a sudden a bright light engulfed us both and then I passed out. When I came too Sesshoumaru was staring at something in disbelief and Inuyasha was ranting about something. I looked over at Sesshoumaru and gasped. He was looking at his arm. His right arm. The one Inuyasha had removed. Only now, it was no longer removed. He smiled at me and I heard him say as I blacked out again...
"This looks like the begining of a wonderful friendship miko..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well what do you think? Let me know!