InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Kind of Love ❯ Abandonment ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: I know its been ages since I one, updated my stores and two, actually wrote something new. But I lost my muse, and when I was going to edit and write my laptop crashed so I lost everything that was on my hard drive. But I got this new brilliant idea and I started to write. So here.

~*~

Everyone knows running from your problems only leads you straight to them, especially when they have silver hair and dog ears. But someone forgot to tell Kagome this. So what will she do when a certain hanyou realizes he's about to lose her forever?

~*~

Prologue

Abandonment.

Kagome knew that feeling all too well. It had moved into her heart and arrested her soul. She spent too many nights, aching for someone to talk to, but each time she reached for her phone she stopped. So after all the time she spent being devoted to people who didn't return her affection, Kagome decided to move. At first, Kagome resisted the idea the moment it introduced itself into her thoughts. She wrestled with the idea. Kagome questioned her own motives as to whether she was running from her problems, or just looking for a fresh start. In the end she knew her decision all along. It had been hard moving, but she needed to. All her friends had left her anyways. Sango spent every waking moment with Miroku, and they spent all their free time with Inuyasha and Kikyou. “Doing couple things” as Kagome remembered Sango offhandedly-mentioning one afternoon at brunch. Despite the fact Sango swore she didn't care for Kikyou's company, they seemed to be bonding. Thus Kagome realized her friends thought her too pathetic for their attention. Her friendships began to fall apart, so Kagome said good-bye to her mother, brother and grandfather and moved to Los Angeles.

The move was easy after all the pain she went through. Watching Inuyasha and Kikyou together was the hardest thing. But after Kagome had realized he wasn't going to A.) pick between them and B.) leave Kikyou, Kagome's decision became easier. Granted, one of the top hospitals in L.A. offered her positions in the demon care department, that alone made her decision. Kagome could finally do what she loved and have a fresh start. She had no regrets for what she was leaving behind. As far as she knew Inuyasha was happy and healthy.

So of course it blindsided her when she had a new patient on her rounds. Takahashi, Inuyasha and his chart read `psych hold and evaluation for attempted suicide'.

Kagome's heart stopped and once again she found herself at the mercy of love.