InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Little Ninja ❯ Party of Eight ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My Little Ninja

Chapter Two: Party of Eight

By: OhJoy

The trio made their way through the overly ornate door of the oh-so-posh Hollywood restaurant, Kagome following the maitre `d and the two guys closely behind her. As they were shown to a round table in the corner where their friends were already seated, InuYasha noticed that Kagome seemed oblivious to the admiring looks and blatant stares from the tables they passed. "Is she clueless or conceited? Either way, this is going to be an entertaining evening. I want to sit next to her."

A young woman with short blonde curls, clad in a floral pink halter dress that barely contained her large breasts stood up and squealed, "Matt! Kagome! Hi! You guys are late," she pouted prettily. Eyeing InuYasha, she said coyly smiling up at him, "Who's your friend?"

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Oh, geez, Liz, how subtle are ya? Ever heard of playing hard to get? Oh no, that's right. You like to offer up yourself on a platter with your legs spread... on the first date even. Tonight is just going to be a ball."

Clinging to InuYasha's arm, Liz introduces herself, "I'm Liz. Come sit next to me." And maneuvers him to her right.

InuYasha smirks, yet again, "I guess, she'll be an easy lay. Too bad, I prefer a challenge to a chick that'll just fall all over me. Now that Kagome, she's more my type. And those eyes, gray blue... intense. Although, casual sex is always fun..." He smiles down at Liz and pulls out the seat offered.

Kagome stands in front of the first empty seat she sees, directly opposite of Liz and InuYasha. At the table were their newly engaged friends, David and Kim, and two other people she only vaguely remembers from a previous party or "group date."

Liz takes a sip of her martini, "This is Stacey." Gesturing to the very done woman. Stacey had her hair swept up in a French twist, make-up immaculate and looking like she was out to get a man tonight. "This is Adam." Adam stood up and shook everyone's hand. When he got to Kagome, he held her hand just slightly longer than everyone else's and smiled down at her.

Kagome rolls her eyes again, "Down, boy. Oh, even numbers and looks like only one `official' couple. Geez, is this a mass set-up or what? Like throwing a net out and seeing who ends up with whom? Kim is really starting to annoy me."

InuYasha catches her attitude, "She is a spitfire. I take it she hates these `group date' set-ups as much as I do. I'm really beginning to like her. Too bad this Liz chick is all over me. Well, then again, I'm not opposed to a one night stand." A lecherous smile claims his face.

David gives Kagome a warm hug, "How's the birthday girl?"

Kagome replies, "It's not my birthday until next week. And I'm doing great."

David smiles, "This is your golden year. You turn 25 on the 25th. Sheer magic happens."

"That only applies to those cognizant of it. Magic doesn't happen to idiots." InuYasha silently comments on their exchange and eyes Kagome yet again. "Why does she seem so familiar?"