InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Little Ninja ❯ Dinner, Drinks & A Prowling Wolf ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My Little Ninja

Chapter Three: Dinner, Drinks & A Prowling Wolf

By: OhJoy

Introductions and warm greetings complete, the group settles into their chairs and each grab a menu to peruse. A server places a martini in front of Kagome.

Confused, Kagome says, "I didn't order this."

The server smiles appreciatively. "It's from the man at the bar in the gray suit."

Kagome stiffened, her eyes narrowed almost imperceptibly. Without turning to see who the man was, she sensed youkai blood, specifically wolf youkai. "Kindly return the drink. I'm not interested."

The server nodded and quickly removed the martini.

Liz exclaimed, "Kagome! He's a hotty. Why didn't you at least take the drink and smile at the poor guy?"

Kagome replied dryly, "He's just a wolf on the prowl."

InuYasha's ears perked at that. "Can she somehow sense that the man in the gray suit is a wolf youkai? Who is this woman?"

Kagome continued, "I mean, really. I'm seated at a table with four gorgeous men." All four smirked at the compliment. "Anyone of you guys could be my boyfriend. That guy is either an idiot or is looking for a fight."

"Speaking of a fight," InuYasha commented, "Matt mentioned you have a belt black. What style of martial arts do you train in?"

Kagome smiled brightly. "Hmmm…" noticing his words, "I just received my black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Are you a martial artist as well?"

"I dabble. " InuYasha replied. He relished her smile. "I could get used to seeing that everyday… whoa! What the hell am I thinking?!"

Matt interjected, "Oh, please, woman. She makes it sound like she only has one. Come on, Kagome, tell Yash just how many black belts you have."

InuYasha's eyes widened slightly, "More than one? She looks so young. Mmmm… I'm definitely liking this one."

Kagome blushed a lovely shade of pink, "Matt!" She looked down and replied softly, "I have a total of four black belts in four distinct styles. I am a black belt 2nd Dan, Shaolin Kung Fu; 3rd Dan, Karate and Shotokan; and my most recent black belt in Tae Kwon Do."

"Impressive. Have you trained in weapons?" InuYasha was now definitely intrigued, leaned forward and ignored Liz's protesting arm.

"Let me see…" she flicked her left fingers with her right and tilted her head endearingly, "Escrima sticks, staff, bow and arrow, sais and swords." She paused for a moment, "Yeah, I think that's all."

InuYasha blinked at her. "I certainly wasn't expecting that answer. She's so small, frail looking even. But, Gods, she must be one hell cat in battle."

"Swords, huh? I'd like to take you on and see what you've got," he smirked. "How extensive could her training be? She's young. She's probably only at a beginner's level."

As if reading his thoughts, Kagome responded cockily, "Sure, anytime. I've had extensive training in swords and am always looking for a challenging opponent."

The evening continues pleasantly; appetizers, salads, and main course, all delicious. Most were getting slightly tipsy. InuYasha noticed that it was only he and Kagome that chose not to drink any alcohol. Liz was still hanging on him, annoying him to no end. He pulled his arm away from her, again. "Is she really this clueless? Or does she always offer herself up on a platter to every man she meets? Humans, they spread their love around without any thought."

He felt Kagome's eyes on him and looked at her curiously, one eyebrow arched. Kagome shook her head and ran a hand through her long obsidian tresses, flipping her part from one side to the other.

"What is it?" he asked in a low tumble.

Replying in a daze, dreamily looking into his chocolate eyes, "For a second, I could have sworn you had golden eyes, long silver hair and -" she gestured above her head, as if petting a pair of ears.

InuYasha's eyes quickly clouded and he schooled his face in indifference. "Who is this woman? Is my spell wearing off?" He quickly glanced down at his hands, no claws. Looked straight into her eyes. How did his spell transforming his features to a human with short black hair and brown eyes waver to show her a glimpse of his true self?

She sighed, looked at her soda, "What's in here? Something stronger than just a Coke?" And managed a small smile of apology.

Then he catches a whiff... Kagome's scent changed... it's sweeter... "She's aroused! Hmmm, by thinking I was my demon self? But that moist scent, I know I know it..."