InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Savior ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara were joined by many other villagers to stand around a burning platform. In the center of the flames lay the corpse of their mutilated priestess, their beloved Kaede. Men bowed their heads in respect, women wept with fear of what would happen to their village without a priestess to guide and heal them, and children cried, for they had lost one of their friends.

It was truly a sad day, without their wise old Kaede…

.

The group walked in hush through the forest, heading in the direction Kagome had run.

The atmosphere was nipping cold and all around them it was still and quiet. No sound was made except the clopping of their own footsteps on the frozen ground. The chilly air burned their nostrils, but they kept on walking, looking for their lost friend.

No one knew what to think about the girl's sudden change…

No one knew what they were going to do about it…

But for now, the group would focus on finding her.

"Inuyasha," Shippo hesitantly broke the uncomfortable silence.

"What do you want, brat?" The hanyou seemed to be struggling with his words.

"What… what has happened to Kagome?"

The silence set in once more, heavier than ever as it twisted and suffocated everyone. They awaited his answer, wanting desperately to know themselves. When Inuyasha didn't respond and just kept his head down, Sango sighed heavily.

.

Inuyasha's ears perked as he heard a gasp from somewhere up ahead. The strong stench of blood and death assaulted his nostrils as he continued in the direction from which the sound had come. When the group got there, they wished they hadn't…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

REVIEW!