InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Secret Mate ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 2
 
 
 
I still wasn't feeling well early in the mornings and sometimes during the day so Kagome told Sesshomaru even after I begged her not too. I mean I am a hanyou I'm not suppose to get sick and if I do it won't last long but she just wouldn't listen so here I am arguing with my mate on whether or not he should get healer/priestess Kaede. “Inuyasha you must understand I want you well now not later and if you are seriously ill we will have a better chance of catching this early.” “But if that old hag sees me she will know what I look like and that would be another person to know who I am. Remember I am supposed to be kept hidden. I don't want anything to happen to you if one of the other lords catches wind that your mate is male. They might make you give up position because you cannot produce an heir to the throne or they might try to take over or worse take me away from you or you away from me.” “But Inuyasha I don't want you to die on me what if something really bad is happening I would never forgive myself if something awful happened to you.” Sesshomaru said those words to me while looking me straight in the eye so that I could see how serious he was and I could feel the love in his words. They washed over me calming me down enough to know that he was right. I couldn't live with my self if I knew that I would cause my mate to be sad for anything and especially guilty over my death. “Okay your right. You can bring the old hag here to look me over.” “Thanks Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru pulled me into a hug which I relaxed into then kissed me on the head before leaving to fetch Kaede. I laid on the bed relaxing until they got back and started to doze off when they finally returned. “Lady Kaede this is my mate and he has been feeling ill for awhile and I was wondering if you might know what is wrong and how to make him better.” Kaede looked mildly surprised to find out that lord Sesshomaru was mated to a male hanyou but didn't say anything about in fear of angering her lord. “I will see if I can find anything wrong with your mate.” Kaede walked slowly towards me were she poked and prodded at my stomach. She asked about my sickness while she prodded at my chest and sensitive nipples. When she was finished looked at both me and Sesshomaru. “My lord I think I know what is wrong with your mate.” “Please tell us lady Kaede.” “Yes please do I would like to know what you came up with, with all your poking and prodding?” “I have never seen this before but there is a legend that every ten thousand years there is a Verogity. It's a male demon or half demon that can bare children. It is said that the children of the Verogity has the power to bring peace to the demons and unity to the demon lords but they also have the power to bring chaos to the demon world and disarray to the demon lords if they were to fall into the wrong hands. The Verogity usually do not know of there destiny to produce young and most are submissive so they already carry the necessary equipment but if one was to become dominate he would pass on the things necessary for him to create life.“ “So what you're saying is that Inuyasha is one of these Verogities and he is pregnant with my pup.” “Yes that is exactly what I am saying my lord.” “Thank you lady Kaede for coming and I hope I don't have to tell you not to speak a word of this or who my mate is.” “Of course my lord and I will need to see him for check ups every two weeks to see how the pregnancy is progressing.” Sesshomaru nodded his consent and the old hag left. Sesshomaru and I just looked at each other lost in each others thoughts. I just couldn't believe it I with child. I am carrying Sesshomaru pup and heir. It's just so overwhelming. I was the first to break the silence with a simple question. “So what do you think about it.” Sesshomaru looked at me hard like he was really trying to think about the question and how to answer it. “Well the thing I am most worried about is how this pregnancy is going to affect you. A lot of women die during birth and I don't think I could live if something like that happened to you. There is also that you would have to come out of hiding so that I could present my heir. I don't think it would be good to keep our child locked up with no one around but us and Kagome. I really don't like the fact that it would be putting you in danger as well as our pup. The other thing I am also worried about is that our pup will have a lot of responsibilities on his or her shoulders. I mean the whole demon worlds future is up to our child.” I listened to Sesshomaru's thoughts on our child and I have to agree with him. This screws up our plans of keeping us a secret but we will make it I am no weakling. Sesshomaru wouldn't mate with a weak demon or demoness. Sesshomaru moved over towards me and sat on the bed next to me. He raises his hand and moved a strand of my white hair from out of my face. “We will have to have a presenting so that I can show you off to all the other lords. Then they will get to see what there mates will never live up to be.” I laughed when I heard that. He always says that I am the prettiest mate of all the lords. “What about the pup when will we tell them about the pup.” “I say we wait awhile so they don't think that I was forced to present you. I don't want them thinking that I am ashamed of you because I am not. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and our pup is the second.” “I'm scared Sesshomaru what if someone tries to hurt you through me I could never live with that thought.” “If anyone is foolish enough to try they will have a very painful death.” We stayed in my room talking about the baby and about the castle until I fell asleep in my mate's arms feeling the safety that only he can give me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN: Sorry for not updating lately but I had a surgery then I had to square everything with school but hopefully will be updating more often. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please review and I might get the next chapter out faster. ^ _ ^