InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Secret Mate ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 10
 
 
It has been several months now, my stomach has become nicely rounded and I have begun to waddle instead of walk. I have been going to regular check-ups by order of Kaede because as my pregnancy continues my body seems to continue weakening. Because of this Kagome has become even more protective of me and, with the added help of my mate's protectiveness, I feel like I'm being smothered with too much attention. I wish they would just leave me alone for a while. If either one of them asks me if I need anything or if I'm okay, I'll scream.
 
Kagome is following me right now to one of my many check-ups when a sharp pain shot though my abdomen, causing me to stumble and clutch my stomach. I could hear Kagome shouting my name but when she got close to me, I unintentionally growled at her. She continued to try to help but after I attempted to bite her, she finally gave up and ran off to get Kaede and my mate. After a while, I could smell my mate approach me and I automatically allowed him to touch me. “Inuyasha what's wrong!” Sesshomaru said in a rush.
 
“It hurts, please make it stop.” I whimpered in pain. Kaede came next but just like with Kagome I growled at her, my body thinking both her and Kagome are threats during my weakened state.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru if your mate doesn't allow me to examine him I won't be able to help.” Kaede said urgently. Sesshomaru then directed my body to lean back against his. He secured my arms by my side, to keep me from attacking her, without causing any harm to my rounded stomach. When Kaede leaned in to examine me, I struggled against my mate snapping wildly at Kaede with my teeth, my instincts telling me to protect my unborn pups from this intruder. I almost bit her when she brushed my stomach but my mate grasped my jaw quickly and tilted my head back. My submissive instinct caused me to whimper to appease my dominant mate with the assurance that he was in control, and I got a growl of acceptance in return. Kaede resumed examining my stomach and, while I was distracted, removed my underclothes to examine my entrance. I squirmed uncomfortable but otherwise stayed still.
 
“Kagome, go into my room and get the green bottle on the table,” Kaede said urgently. Kagome quickly ran off to follow her orders. “I'm guessing that Inuyasha has suffered from false alarm labor cramps but because of how his body is reacting to this pregnancy they began to induce labor early. I'm going to give Inuyasha something to stop the labor from happening so soon. I want him on strict bed rest until the end of this pregnancy. I don't want any physical or mental stress put on him or he could likely loose the child and die himself in the process.” Kaede said to my mate with deep concern tainting her voice. It was hard for me concentrate on what she was saying with pain rippling across my abdomen, but it wasn't that much later that Kagome showed up with the potion, which she handed to Kaede. Kaede turned to Sesshomaru and instructed him on how much of the potion to give to me since I would only let him near me. I drank the few drops given to me and immediately became sleepy.
 
I don't know how long I was asleep but I woke up to my mate holding me closely. He was still sleeping soundly and his face looked so angelic, so care free in his slumber. I had to use the restroom so I tried to move slowly from the bed so as not to wake him but he suddenly awoke before I could get out of the bed and grabbed my shoulder stopping me from leaving. “Inuyasha, you can't leave the bed until you have born the pups. Remember, Kaede said if you put too much stress on yourself, you could loose the pups.” My mate had the strangest look on his face but I chose to ignore it for right now and decided to inform him of my problem.
 
“But Sesshomaru, I have to use the restroom.” I said quietly
 
“I'll carry you to the bathroom then when you're done I'll carry you back.” I nodded my consent and he easily lifted me out of the bed and carried me into the bathroom. He even lowered my pants for me, but I drew the line at that. I mean, he wasn't going to hold it for me. I still have some dignity left. After I was done, he pulled my pants back up and carried me back to the bed. He laid me gently on the bed and covered me back up with the covers. Bending over slightly he kissed me on the head while playing with my puppy dog-ears then kissed me gently and lovingly on the lips. When he pulled back from the kiss, I saw the most passionate look of love in his eyes that I haven't seen since we first mated.
 
“Why are you acting this way?” Very rarely does my mate really show the true level of his love for me, not that I need him to. I know exactly how much he loves me.
 
“Inuyasha, I was afraid. For the first time in my life, I was afraid. I was afraid that I would loose you and the pups. I didn't notice how attached I've become to something that isn't even born yet. I don't ever want to loose you or the pups. I don't know what would happen to me.” I was shocked that I could actually see the fear reflected in his eyes. He always has such great control over his emotions that to see him showing fear leaves me in awe.
 
I looked my mate directly in the eyes and with fierce determination I said, “I want you to promise me that if I die in labor whether the pups live or not I want you to not always live in the past and move on even if that means finding another mate.” He looked like he wanted to say no but I knew he would do as I say.
“I promise, but I could never love someone as much as I love you.” Sesshomaru said quietly then got into the bed and held me closely. We sat in silence for a while just thinking about the future might bring to our small family. My mate was the first one to break the silence. “You should sleep you need to regain your strength.” With that said I closed my eyes and quickly drifted off to sleep.