InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Soul Flows in You ❯ A short little chapter with an AN ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Kaede's hut, all was peaceful while the elderly woman sat near the fire, stirring her delicious stew. The little kit Shippou had fallen asleep hours ago, and he was currently curled up with Kirara near the fire. The two made quiet mews of contentment while they took a short break from the harshness of the world. As Sango and Miroku walked in, the small fire kitty cracked open one eye and stared up at her mistress. When her tired brain finally comprehended who it was, she got up and jumped into the demon exterminators arms.

"Will ye want to stay for some stew? I know you are busy with plans for the wedding, but an only lady like me could use the company." Kaede said without even looking up.

"Of course we will stay, thank you very much Kaede," Miroku said from behind Sango. But before the young woman could reply, an infamous pressure made its presents known on her rear.

Closing her eyes and balling her fist in frustration Sango hissed out, "Miroku… I may be engaged to you, but that does not mean you have any right to… to…" Miroku's hand was removed before she could even finish the threat.

"Sorry Lady Sango, it is still a habit I am trying to break. And you being so beautiful makes it all the more difficult." Sango shook her head at the monk. Thinking to herself why she had to love such a perverted monk.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile back with Inuyasha and Kagome…

Kagome began to collapse on the ground, but before she ever hit the dirt Inuyasha was there to scoop her up.

"Inu… Inuyasha… Pl-please… Put me down. Your br-brother told me this would happen. And I know what is coming so-" She stopped talking as another wave of pain washed through her body. Her vision was becoming foggy, and her legs where becoming weak. But at the same time, something in her head was screaming out to scratch at the person holding her.

Finally, something snapped. Her mind went blank, and at the same time she had more power then she could have ever imagined.

"DO NOT TOUCH ME!" Her mind, although not thinking, was running wild. She couldn't remember who she was; she just wanted to lash out at something… maybe that would get ride of the pain.

Inuyasha backed away from her, surprised at the sudden outburst that came from the usually calm Kagome. `What's wrong with her? It is as if she doesn't know who I am.'

But before he could ponder the change in her demeanor, he realized that Kagome had vanished. There wasn't even a sent trail for him to follow. `Probably due to the changes…' He thought as he looked for footprints.

Ahhh… I am SO sorry that I lied about the chapter length. You see, I don't like making up excuses as to not write, because I think that is just cruel, so let me tell you this as simply as I can. As I've told some of the first readers (before I re-posted this story) my parents don't live together, and I have been staying with my grandparents for quite sometime now. And if you have ever had to do something like that I think you can understand this, we don't have a lot of money. So what am I getting at? This: my school offered me this program (kind of like the foreign exchange student thingy) to go to Australia and finish up the school year there… and the thing is, if is on a full scholarship. So I am really excited. But then it dawned on me that I would not be able to write or anything. So here is my plan…

I'm going to take a pretty long break on this story. But the whole time I am in the land down under, I'll be writing this story in a notebook. So by the time I get back, there should be quite a bit done, aight?

So I hope that this very, very, VERY short chapter doesn't make anyone really mad… But I am leaving in a week or so. But I'll say this one more time, sorry! I'll talk to y'all when I get home!

~~~Drache-Auge~~~