InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Prisoner ❯ Confusion of the Mind and Heart ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not now nor will I ever own Inu-Yasha or anything Inu-Yasha copyrighted. I do own the thoughts and images that run through my head and I will never give them up, they are apart of my hoard.
 
Naraku's Prisoner
Chapter 6: Confusion of the Mind and Heart
By Ethril Dragon
 
`Do be careful Shippo,' Kagome thought as she watched her son parry another blow from the handsome silver kitsune that was training him. She chewed her lip as she watched Shippo dodge to the side and attempt to attack the older and more powerful kitsune with the blunt wooden boken that Naraku had provided the trainer and trainee. Kagome eeped as the silver kitsune sent Shippo sprawling after Shippo's failed attempt.
“You are a kitsune. Use your senses to find an opening. Don't just rely on your eyes,” Taro said as he helped Shippo to his feet. “Even while using a weapon, you should rely on your natural abilities. They are your greatest weapon against any foe.”
Shippo nodded and panted softly as he started to take up his stance, only to be stopped by Taro's hand on his shoulder. “That is enough for today. Any longer and I think we'll give your mother a heart attack,” Taro said with a gentle grin. Taro, who had been an ally of Naraku for years, had easily agreed to train the young red haired kitsune cub. He had felt honored that Naraku would come to him in the first place. `Ever since our alliance, my clan has had nothing but good fortune. No human attacks, no youkia raids, and trade has been splendid,' Taro thought as he bowed respectfully to Kagome and then turned to take his leave. He trained with Shippo every other day and then returned to his clan in order to make sure everything was alright. With Naraku's lower demons keeping watch on the borders, things had been well.
“Are you alright Shippo?” Kagome asked kindly as she lifted Shippo into her arms. She felt Shippo squirm before relaxing in her arms.
“I'm fine momma. We just use bokens so I don't really get hurt,” Shippo said, crossing his arms over his chest in mock irritation. He stuck his nose into the air as Kagome carried them towards their room.
“I'm only worried about you sweet heart. You haven't been training that long and I don't like to see you get hurt,” Kagome said comfortingly. Being raised in the modern era, she wasn't used to seeing very small children learn how to fight. Perhaps basic self defense, but not actual fighting.
“I want to be stronger so I can protect you momma,” Shippo said as he hugged his mother around the neck. He was tired of always running away when there was danger, and of having his mother protect him. As her eldest son, it was his job to protect his mother when she had no mate to do so.
“You already are strong Shippo,” Kagome said with a big loving grin. In her heart, she knew Shippo would have to learn to fight some day, it just hurt to think her little Shippo was growing up and learning what she considered to be adult things.
Shippo huffed and pouted. “Not strong enough,” He muttered defiantly. He had to become stronger, if not for his momma then for himself. He had lost so many loved ones already because he wasn't strong enough, or brave enough, and he hated to have to rely on some one else's strength. `Like Inu-Yasha,” He thought with hurt pride. That stupid idiot had always complained about how week he and his momma were, and how Inu-Yasha would always have to rush in to save them from danger. Shippo growled with irritation at the thought. Some day, he would show Inu-Yasha he wasn't some week kit that needed protection. Shippo would challenge Inu-Yasha to a fight and then win the fight to prove he wasn't weak.
Kagome looked at her son worriedly as he started to brood. She started to frown as she heard a light growling sound emit from her son. “Shippo, are you alright?” She asked hesitantly as she set her son down onto their futon. It wasn't like Shippo to be this way unless he and Inu-Yasha had just gotten into a fight. `Inu-Yasha…haven't thought about him for awhile,' Kagome thought as she started brooding herself. `That stubborn dog, thinking he's all high and mighty. He makes me so mad!' Kagome thought with vehemence. What she wouldn't give to just sit him to hell. Sure it had been a month since she had last seen him, but when she had left his company he had literally accused her of injuring herself on purpose.
“I'm fine momma, just tired,” Shippo whispered as he stopped brooding and started yawning. Before another word could be murmured, he crawled under the covers of the futon to take an afternoon nap before lunch.
Kagome looked at her son with surprise, his words snapping her out of her angry mental tirade. She smiled and leaned down to kiss him on the forehead. “Rest well my little kit,” She murmured as she stood and left her room.
As she left her room she glanced around for a moment to see if anyone was around. She would have liked to have spent some time with Kagura, but she hadn't seen Kagura in a few days now. Kagome remembered Naraku mentioning that Kagura was out meeting with someone and wouldn't be back for some time. Kagome sighed. During the month that she and Shippo had been in Naraku's palace, she and Kagura had grown real close. It felt like they were almost sisters. Kagome remembered when Kagura would do almost anything to get out of the clutches of Naraku, but she had admitted to Kagome recently that it had only been because Naraku kept loosing his temper. Things had cooled down for awhile, and Naraku was actually offering to return her heart to her before the final battle so she cold make her own choice. `Then I asked her if she could trust him to keep his word,' Kagome thought as she remembered that day.
 
*Flash Back*
 
“Kagura…You once told us you didn't want to serve Naraku,” Kagome said during a nice breezy day as she and Kagura drank tea on one of the verandas of Naraku's palace.
Kagura grew quiet as she looked out at the horizon. “I once thought that was what I wanted, but now I realize there is more to it. I will willing serve Naraku, but I just want my freedom to do what I want. I want to make my own decisions on whether I stay or go. I am the wind.”
Kagome thought about her words for a moment and sipped at the jasmine tea that Kanna had made for them. “What about your heart?” Kagome asked softly as she too watched the horizon.
Kagura smiled softly. “Naraku has promised me that before the final battle, he will return my heart to me.”
Kagome looked at Kagura in surprise. “And you think he will keep his word? Don't you think he'll decide not to and wait until after the battle?” She asked with skepticism.
Kagura sighed and placed a hand on her new friends shoulder. “Naraku is many things Kagome. One thing he is not is a word breaker. If he says he will do something, he will. He has never lied, though he sometimes will not tell the whole truth. He will keep his word, that is one thing I can guarantee about him.”
Kagome nodded slowly. Even in battle he had made promises to see and fight them again, only to do so later. He never once lied to her old group, even though the truth had been hurtful and destructive. “I guess you're right Kagura,” Kagome said slowly.
They sat there for a few more minutes before Kagura asked something that completely threw Kagome off balance. “What are your feelings for Naraku Kagome? Be honest.”
Kagome was about to say she hated him and that he was the most vile creature on the face of the planet, but her mouth snapped shut. Suddenly, she didn't fully believe that's what she thought of him. `what do I think of him? How do I really feel about him?' She wondered quietly to herself.
 
*End Flash Back*
 
Kagome hadn't answered Kagura that day, or any of the other times Kagura had asked. `What are my feelings now that I have seen another side of the man that has caused so much trouble in my life and my friends lives?' she wondered again quietly. Since Kohaku was now whole and had been promised his freedom, she knew Sango didn't really have a reason to want to hunt Naraku down. Kagome had figured since Kikyo had never really fully loved Inu-Yasha, then Kikyo's death had been more of a blessing for the hanyo. As for Miroku… “He has the only real reason to want to kill Naraku,” Kagome said softly to herself, unaware of a presence behind her until the voice spoke.
“Who has the only real reason for wanting to kill me?” Kagome spun around in surprise to find Naraku standing a few feet to her right. During her thoughts, Kagome had wandered outside into the sand garden.
Kagome shifted uncomfortably. She had been nervous around Naraku ever since she realized she was unsure about her feelings. “I was thinking about Miroku. Out of everyone in my old group, he has the only real reason for wanting your death. He needs to lift the curse before it consumes him,” Kagome said, her eyes avoiding Naraku's face.
Naraku sighed softly and walked towards Kagome. “He can lift it without my death you know,” He stated simply. “Unlike his father, your friend Miroku still has the chance.”
Kagome looked at Naraku in surprise. “Chance at what?” She asked curiously.
“The chance at true love. The wind tunnel can be lifted two ways. By killing the original caster, or by finding the person's true love. Your friends father had simply found a woman that was willing to bare his child, and then had died from the wind tunnel sucking him into it. Your friend must only give himself to his true love. If he gives himself to any other before then, then the only way is to kill me,” Naraku didn't look at Kagome, instead he looked at the sand in it's rippled state.
Kagome moaned and rubbed her eyes. “Knowing Miroku he's already given himself to a dozen girls.”
“He has not. Even though he is perverted, he has not slept with any female,” Naraku said before turning and walking.
Kagome, curious as to how Naraku would know such a thing, followed. “How would you know?” She asked curiously.
Naraku chuckled softly. “That wind tunnel allows me to know the status of your monk friend. In fact, if he would stop being a letch then he might just be able to get rid of that wind tunnel once and for all,” Naraku hinted teasingly.
Kagome, who had grown to understand Naraku's teasing, smiled and nodded. “So are you saying Sango is his true love?”
Naraku chuckled again but didn't say anything. “That's for him to be brave and find out.”
Kagome smiled and fell into step next to Naraku. She had grown to enjoy these surprise walks he shared with her. Typically he would lead her into the center of his favorite garden where they would talk about things, or just rest and watch the koi.
`Why is it I am so comfortable around him now? Is it because I haven't seen his destructive side since the first day? Maybe it is because I crave companionship,' she discarded the second idea because she had plenty of companionship. Almost all the female staff now knew Kagome and Kagome had gotten to know a lot of them in return. When she wasn't watching over Shippo or taking a walk with Naraku, she was either with Kagura or helping the female servants around the palace. They welcomed her help even though they typically didn't need it.
 
Naraku glanced at Kagome out of the corner of his eye ever few seconds. She was just so beautiful today. She had a soft content smile on her lips and she had been opening up to him faster then he had expected. `Waiting is starting to pay off,' he thought as he guided the way into his garden. It was a secure place that only he and who ever he brought with him could enter. So many spells surrounded the place that no one would be able to hear or see who ever was there. `It's where I plan to bring Kagome and her kit when the final battle begins. I want neither of them injured and having to choose a side would break Kagome's heart,' Naraku thought as the two walked companionably along. It was a beautiful day out, the breeze barely rustled the leaves and the heat from the sun was comforting. But the beauty of his garden paled in comparison to the beauty that walked beside him now.
“You once walked only behind me Kagome. Why do you walk beside me now?” Naraku asked to break the silence.
Kagome stumbled to a halt as the question surprised her. “I…I don't,” She hesitated. Once again her questions on what she felt for Naraku surfaced. A new one was added to the list, why was she so comfortable around the hanyo that had sworn to defeat Inu-Yasha and her friends?
Naraku looked at Kagome's confused expression and then sighed. `She still is not ready. Almost, but her emotions are still confusing her,' he thought as he turned and continued on into the garden. “Forget I asked Kagome.”
Kagome bit her lip and took a few quick steps to catch up to Naraku. Again she was beside him as they walked. `This feels right in a way,' she thought as they continued on. She pushed her questions aside for later and became determined to enjoy the day.
It wasn't long until they were at the center of the garden once more. Naraku sat down on the bench and Kagome joined him, as she did every time they came here. She shivered as his hip brushed hers with the barest of touches. She desperately wanted to figure out what her feelings were so she could understand why she was comfortable around him.
 
Naraku felt his hip brush hers and he felt the shiver run through her body from the contact. He grinned inwardly, but outwardly kept looking at the pound.
“May I ask you something Naraku?” Kagome finally said after what felt like forever.
“Ask what you wish, though understand that I will only answer so much,” Naraku said, his eyes never leaving the pound.
Kagome bit her lip before asking the question that had been on her mind for sometime now. “Why did you attack my group so much? During my time here, I have seen a side of you that I would have never believed if someone had told me about it. So why did you attack my group?”
Naraku looked at her contemplatively before looking away. “In a way I still felt anger towards Inu-Yasha. Kikyo had been the first woman I had ever felt love towards, perhaps more lust then love. Even though I was a killer she took care of me, but I was too weak to tell her how I felt. When I found out about Inu-Yasha and how Kikyo felt about him, I was enraged. I had allowed lesser demons to become apart of me just so I could tell her my feelings, and instead I found my first love in the arms of a mutt. Not only that, but she didn't truly love him, she had just found another lonely soul to be with,” Naraku stated slowly and carefully. He would not lie, not about this. “When I…when I saw him with you, the anger returned after fifty years of sleeping and I couldn't take it. I swore vengeance against the dog for taking away my first love, and then taking her reincarnation.”
`So he only sees me as her reincarnation too…'Kagome thought with sadness, her head hung and her bangs covered her eyes.
“As I watched your group grow and your feelings change I realized that you were nothing like the woman I had realized I had lusted after. Soon I went from hating Inu-Yasha because he had you, to hating Inu-Yasha for the way he treated you,” Naraku finally looked at Kagome fully. Her expression was covered by her hair, but he could tell she was shocked by his words.
Kagome's eyes widened and she slowly lifted her head to look at Naraku. Did he really mean what he said? Then why had he treated her the way he had for so long? Why had he raped her? `Why had he treated me so kindly,' her corner of her mind whispered. “I don't understand…” She whispered as she looked up at Naraku. They were so close now, so very close. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek and his eyes were filled with sorrow.
“I can't explain everything now Kagome. You've already been told more then you can handle right now. Perhaps at a later date I will tell you more,” Naraku said as he slowly stood. He held out his hand to help her up. She took it gracefully and he reveled in the feel of her soft skin. It was only for a moment, she released his hand the moment she was on her feet.
“You better head back, your son should be awake soon and your meal will be ready in a short time. Kagura should be returning today and she will dine with you for lunch. I have important affairs to oversee,” Naraku said, the sorrow leaving his expression as he lead the way out of his garden.
Kagome nodded silently as she walked beside him. Her mind was rolling over the facts he had told her, her heart was trying to tell her something but she was still to confused to hear it. If what Naraku said was true, then he had feelings for her. `But are they true feelings, or lust?' she wondered as they parted ways. She headed for her room, he headed for the front of the palace. Her thoughts were on their conversation, his were on the nuisance that was on the edge of his land.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“I've missed you Kagura!” Kagome exclaimed as she hugged her new friend. She smiled and felt Kagura return the hug. “Where have you been?” Kagome asked with a big grin. Naraku had been right, Kagura had returned and she had been waiting for Shippo and Kagome to arrive for lunch.
Kagura laughed and took her seat at the table. Kanna was seated next to Shippo and Shippo attempted to pull Kana into a conversation. So far she was only replying with either yes's or no's.
“I've been meeting with someone important,” Kagura said slyly, hiding her enticing grin behind her fan.
Kagome, being a female, knew that look only too well. “Who was it? Is he gorgeous?” Kagome asked just as a teenager from her time would ask.
Kagura blushed and fanned her self slightly. “He is quit handsome. And I think I am slowly winning him over,” Kagura said with a shy glance to Kagome.
Kagome grinned and pushed Kagura teasingly. “Come on, who?”
“You know him,” Kagura said as she placed a piece of food into her mouth.
“I know him do I? Let me think…” Kagome placed a finger to her chin and looked up at the ceiling. The only males she could think of at the moment were Miroku, Kouga, Sesshomaru and Inu-Yasha. “Can't be Miroku, I just know he's going to marry Sango. For some reason I don't see Kouga as your type, and Inu-Yasha is just…BLAH,” Suddenly Kagome went silent before snickering. “Please…PLEASE don't tell me who I think it is.”
Kagura literally hid behind her fan when she whispered her secret crushes name.
”What was that? I couldn't hear you,” Kagome said as she pulled Kagura's fan down.
Kagura blushed and whispered the name again, this time barely loud enough for Kagome to hear.
Kagome leaned close and then gasped. “Nooo! The ice prince? Really?”
Kagura gave her the barest of nods before becoming incredibly interested in her food.
During the whole meal Kagome would burst out laughing at odd intervals and would tease Kagura the rest of the time. Even little Kanna added a little of her own type of teasing by showing Kagura an image of Sesshomaru in her mirror. The only one not joining in was Shippo.
Shippo finished early and then stood. “Momma, can I go play with Kohaku?” He asked loud enough to stop another spasm of his mothers giggling. It was at times like this he was made acutely aware that his mother was not only human, but also still a teenager. He typically ignored the age gap between them since he was still very much a child in demon years, but he hated times like this. He was always reminded that she was human and that she would die long before him. `Unless she mates a demon,' the small thought intruded his mind.
Kagome nodded. “Only if he isn't busy. Leave him alone if he is alright?”
Shippo nodded and hurried out the door, just in time to avoid hearing another burst of his mothers giggling and Kagura's pleads for her to stop teasing.
 
During the rest of the day Kagome relented and stopped teasing Kagura so much, but only after Kagome planned out Kagura's entire wedding. Kanna had actually picked flowers and had pretended to be a flower girl just as Kagome had described. The three had had fun, at Kagura's expense, but they had had fun nonetheless.
After the evening meal, which Naraku had been surprisingly absent from, the three women headed to the hot springs.
“I wonder where Naraku is?” Kagome said worriedly as she sank blissfully into the steaming water. She made a sound of contentment and ducked her head to get her hair fully wet.
“Probably dealing with a border dispute. The Eastern Lord is still not accepting Naraku and has been attacking almost every week. There haven't been any serious deaths other then lower youkai, but Naraku has gotten tired of it all,” Kagura said as she let her hair down. It fell gracefully to just below her shoulders. It was straight compared to Kagome's waves. Kanna had a rosy tint to her cheeks thanks to the heat of the hot springs.
Kagome bit her lip and curled her fingers around each other.
“Do not worry Lady Kagome, Master Naraku is fine,” Kanna said as she picked up her mirror from the side of the pool. The surface glimmered and the image of Naraku, in his full battle armor, appeared. He was being attacked by many lower youkai, but he fended them off easily. He said something that Kagome didn't quit catch and the attack stopped.
“At least he isn't hurt,” Kagome murmured softly to herself.
Kagura, sensing her chance at teasing Kagome poked her. “Are you worried about Naraku? Kanna, I think Kagome here has a crush on Master Naraku!” Kagura said with a happy laugh.
Kagome went a bright red, but didn't say anything. Was that how she felt? Did she really have a crush on the man she had once thought of as a merciless killer? `Makes sense to me,' the rebellious side of her mind whispered. Her blush deepened and she sunk into the water until it was just below her nose. She heard Kagura laughing and in revenge, sent a wave of water her way.
Kagura stopped laughing as the water hit her face, she sputtered in surprise before sending a wave back to Kagome. Kagome eeped and pushed off the wall in order to avoid it. Instead of hitting Kagome, the wave hit Kanna. Kanna looked at Kagura impassively for a moment and then something strange happened. Kanna smiled the first smile she had ever smiled. For once she acted the child she was and sent a wave back at her sisters face.
 
Kagome continued to laugh as she returned to her room. The water fight hadn't lasted long, but it had been so nice to see little Kanna actually smile for once. Kagome yawned and pulled up the sleeve of her kimono for the hundredth time. She was still wet and slippery from her bath so her kimono wouldn't stay on her shoulders.
She entered her room with another yawn, the ball of light flickering on as she entered. She stopped mid step at the sight before her. There, sitting cross-legged on her futon was Naraku. A de-armored and very clean Naraku. His eyes were closed and his chin rested on his cupped hands. His eyes were closed, but as she took a step forward, they opened very slowly.
“Naraku…what are you doing here? Where is Shippo?” Kagome asked nervously. Naraku had only ever been in her room once, the first day she had been brought here.
“Shippo chose to spend the night in Kohaku's room since they have been unable to spend much time together recently,” Naraku stated as he slowly and gracefully rose to his feet. He looked Kagome over, noting the kimono slowly slipping off her shoulder. He hesitated a moment before moving forward till he was standing directly in front of Kagome. He reached out carefully and pulled the sleeve of her kimono back onto her shoulder. “As for why I am here, even during battle I could not stand to not be near you,” He whispered as he rested his hand on her shoulder.
Kagome felt her body shiver suddenly as the kimono slipped a little and his hand touched her bare skin. The skin contact was strange since it was careful instead of demanding. She shook her head slightly and tried to take a step back, but her body would not listen. She felt tears sting her eyes as she hung her head, her kimono barely falling off her shoulders.
“Kagome…tell me now that you feel nothing for me and I'll let you leave. I'll never chase after you, or force you to stay here again. Tell me you do not feel anything towards me,” he whispered as he leaned down to lick her ear with the tip of his tongue. During battle, he had come to realize that no matter how strong he got, there was still a chance he could be killed. He had realized he did not want to die before telling Kagome how he felt and hearing how she felt for him in return.
Her body was in turmoil. Part of her wanted this, wanted to tell him she cared deeply for him maybe even loved him, the other part was unsure of what it wanted. What was going on? Naraku had raped her a month ago and now she could have sworn she wanted to feel him touch her. She grabbed her head in confusion and hunched over as she slid to her knees. Her mind whirled and she panted as she fought to keep her mind from confusing her any longer. What did she want? She couldn't tell Naraku she felt nothing. That would only be a lie, but did she really care about him?
Naraku watched her sadly. He too slid to his knees, but instead of pulling off her kimono, like he had planned to do the minute he had seen her standing there in the door way, he pulled her to his chest. “We don't…we don't have to do this, you don't have to answer now,” he whispered into her hair. “I can wait,” Wait…that was all he was doing now. He was so close to her, but he knew if he forced her to be with him or to answer him, he would ruin everything he had done to win her trust. He took a deep breath, inhaling her scent as he did so. His eyes rolled in his head and he ran his claws through Kagome's long, soft hair, still slightly damp from her recent bath. He clenched his fangs together as he forced himself to keep off of Kagome. He wanted her, wanted her so much. He unconsciously held her tightly against him as he fought with his instincts to mate with her.
Kagome shivered and tilted her head back slightly as she felt his claws run through the strands of her still slightly damp hair. What did she want? She was just so…so confused. She clenched her fingers around his kimono and started to sob. If she really did love him, then was she betraying her friends and family? Was she betraying her mission to purify the shikon jewel? Naraku was the supposed enemy here, and she was starting to believe she was in love with him.
“I can wait,”
His words echoed in her mind. If he was willing to wait for her answer, didn't that count for something? She knew Inu-Yasha would have never been willing to wait if he had cared about her. He would have forced her to make a decision. `That would have broken my heart,' she thought as she relaxed in Naraku's arms. Naraku was not forcing her to make a decision now. He had said he could wait. Her mind became fuzzy and she started to slip into unconsciousness. “Do I love Naraku?” She whispered out loud unknowingly before she fully slipped into the world of blissful sleep.
Naraku looked at Kagome with affection as her words rang through his mind. She hadn't said cared for, she hadn't said liked, no, she had said love. If she was questioning herself then it was possible he wouldn't have to wait long after all.
He held her like that for the longest of time, half sitting while cradling the tired and confused miko in his arms. He hummed softly, an old tune he vaguely remembered from his childhood as he lifted Kagome into his arms and settled her into her futon. He hesitated for a moment before gently laying down next to her. `Just for a few minutes,' he thought as he wrapped his arms around her. He wouldn't fall asleep; he just wanted to know what it would feel like to hold her close while she was asleep.
Against his better wishes, he eventually fell asleep.
 
`So warm,' Kagome thought blurrily as she snuggled deeper into the blankets on her futon. The warmth surrounded her and she smiled in contentment. She started to drift back into a full sleep when a small thought wriggled its way into her mind. She stayed still for a minute, listening to the thought and only realized what it was when an arm shifted from around her stomach, pulling her closer to a firm surface behind her. Kagome held still, still half asleep as she tried to register what it was that was holding her. `Can't be Inu-Yasha…he would never hold me like this,' her mind told her as she thought tiredly. `Feels good though,' it commented before waking up further. The smell of rain barely filtered through her senses and one name came to her. `Naraku…but why would Naraku be holding me while I slept?' she thought, the rational part of her mind still fast asleep. `No matter, it's comfy,' she snuggled happily into the warmth and sighed as she stayed in her half sleep.
An hour later Kagome finally woke up enough to suddenly realize that it really was Naraku that was holding her. She blushed, but didn't move. To be honest she was still really comfortable and she couldn't remember when she had slept so well in her life. When she squirmed slightly, he would pull her back against him and nuzzle the back of her neck. She blushed and shook his arm gently.
“Um…Naraku…could you, could you please let go?” She whispered as she shook his arm gently.
 
Naraku felt the shaking of his arm, and knew it was Kagome. He had been awake for some time before she had woken up, but he had been too content to leave her just yet. Sighing as he heard her hesitant and nervous words, he stretched, purposefully leaning forward into her and then curling around her as he ended his stretch, similar to how a cat would stretch. He heard her eep and smiled warmly as she squirmed nervously, but not fearfully. `Best stop the charade,' he thought sadly as he propped himself up on his elbow. He looked down at the flushed and nervous female under him and smiled.
Kagome blushed deeper as she looked up into the handsome face that was smiling just for her. Would he always smile for her like that if she choose to be with him? `Why am I even thinking that?' she wondered embarrassingly. `Because he is caring and so damn hot!' the irrational part of her mind answered. Kagome pushed that part of her mind away, but couldn't help thinking about it. She looked at him nervously, but stayed still. He was very handsome, in the tall dark and handsome kind of way. But did she love him? `I'm attracted to him, that much I have figured out…but love? I can only love some one that loves me for me,' she thought as she conjured up the image of Inu-Yasha. She could never love him as long as he saw Kikyo when he saw her.
“Good…Good morning Naraku,” Kagome said, her voice shaking with suppressed nervousness.
Naraku sat up and stretched again. “Good morning Kagome. I am sorry to have fallen asleep in your presence. I had not meant too. If I have caused you discomfort I apologize,” Naraku said with a bow of his head. He stood and held out a hand to help Kagome up. Kagome blushed and took his offered hand, unaware of how her kimono fell open slightly to reveal a curve of her breast.
Naraku looked away for a moment as Kagome stood and straightened herself. “I will see you at breakfast Kagome. I will leave you for now so you may be able to change and freshen up,” Naraku said as he bowed and exited the room.
Kagome stood there for a moment until her mind went into its turmoil again. `Ug, it's too early for this,' she thought as she closed the door and removed her kimono. She looked over her body, noticing that she was starting to become a little curvier in the chest, and then choose a new kimono to wear for the day.
`What are my feelings though…' she wondered a final time before fixing her hair and heading for breakfast. “Perhaps I can get some alone time today to think about it,” she whispered unaware of the presence that heard her wish and started making plans for it to come true.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N:
 
Ok, chapter 6 is done and is it LONG. Well, longer then the others. I think I might have moved a little fast in this chapter, but it has been a month and Kagome is the kind and forgiving type so I don't see a problem with Kagome actually becoming friendly with Kagura, Kanna, and even Naraku if she really did get to see the good sides of all of them.
 
Thank you all for your wonderful comments and reviews. When I had first started this story, I had done it to practice and to enhance a newer style of writing. I'm glad that those that read it are enjoying it.
 
Preview for next chapter:
 
Kagome tossed and turned as she desperately tried to find a comfortable position to fall asleep in, but it was useless. It had been useless for the last several nights. No matter how hard she tried now, she just couldn't get to sleep. It had gotten to the point that Shippo had started sleeping either in his own futon or in Kohaku's room. Currently Shippo was in Kohaku's room again for the third night in a row.
Kagome growled in frustration and tossed off her covers. “What is wrong with me?” she asked unhappily a she flopped back down onto her futon as she closed her eyes to try and relax into sleep. It didn't work, nothing did. Ever since she had fallen asleep in Naraku's arms it had become impossible for her to fall asleep until she was so exhausted she just collapsed.
 
In another part of the palace, another person was trying to fall asleep. It was just so hard now, he missed her body in his arms and her sweet scent surrounding his senses. If things kept up the way they were, he would collapse on the battlefield from shear exhaustion. “I need Kagome,” Naraku whispered as he stood and left his room. He needed to wrap his arms around her, if only just to sleep. He wouldn't do anything other then wrap his arms around her, nothing else. He swore on his life that he wouldn't do anything else unless she asked. `I need sleep,' he thought as he stood outside her door. He slowly pulled open the door and looked at the upright figure sitting in the futon.
 
“Naraku!”