InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Okaeri Nasai, Welcome Home ❯ Battle ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hmm. . .interesting. I thought I would have more death threats for the cliff-hanger last chapter. (dodges toaster) Okay! I get it! Write more!

Pre-chapter notes:

THANK-YOU to all you wonderful, wonderful people who reviewed!! I lahv you all!

And to all you stinky people who HAVEN'T REVIEWED. . .I hate you! . . . not that I loved you in the first place, I don't even know you. . .erm. . .on with the show!

Special thanks to Meg, who FINALLY posted the next chapter of Beauty and the Beast (it's another Inu-yasha fic, VERY cool) and to Akkiko, who sends me evil e-mails with three pages of "you EVIL EVIL EVIL . . . EVIL EVIL CHILD". . .and who gives me ideas for up-and-coming scenes.

Ahem. . .and now! The moment you've all been waiting for! The one, the only-

Akkiko: Get ON with it already!!

Meg: Boo! (chucks sneaker)

. . . Chapter Six of Okaeri Nasai, Welcome Home (bows to audience, avoiding debris being thrown by crazed friends)

Okaeri Nasai

Chapter 6-Battle

A cloud of youkai was flying straight at them.

"What the -BEEP- is that?!" Akkiko yelped.

"It appears to be a swarm of very big insects intent on sucking our innards," Kat said, slightly bemused.

Meg blinked. "How . . . the hell . . . CAN YOU SAY THAT SO CALMLY?!!"

Kat rubbed her ear. "I have no idea."

"Yo! Wenches! Either get out your weapons or take cover!" Inu-yasha called, the Tetsusaiga drawn and ready. Kagome clutched her bow, and Sango had Hiraikotsu. Miroku picked up his staff.

"Take cover? Take COVER?" Akkiko smiled crazily. "That guy just doesn't know us yet."

"No shit," Meg said. "It's time to see if the stuff that oracle gave us is worth anything in battle."

"Those demons have sucky timing," Kat sweatdropped. "I mean, you two are hyped up on coffee and iced tea."

"We KNOW!!" Akkiko and Meg cackled gleefully. Kat shuddered.

"This battle will not be long," she muttered.

The swarm drew ever closer, and Kat, Meg and Akkiko made ready. Meg summoned the kumo, Akkiko brought out her slingshot and Kat took her ofuda out of her pocket and began scribbling on them.

"Whatcha writing?" Akkiko asked.

"Random stuff I hope will be destructive," Kat replied, holding up an ofuda. It had `fireball' written on it in kanji.

Meg sweatdropped. "Why am I suddenly reminded of Raye in `Sailor Moon'?"

Akkiko laughed. "Hey, Kat, are you going to say some cheesy lines when you throw them?"

Kat stood, took aim, and threw the strip of paper at a tree. As she did she said, "Fireball!"

Let's just say there was one less tree in the forest, and one more pile of ash.

Meg and Akkiko sweatdropped. "At least she isn't hyper," Meg said.

"Yeah!" Akkiko giggled. "Unlike US!" Enter wild, insane giggling of hanyou on iced tea.

"Wenches! Here they come!" Inu-yasha called, and leapt into the air, swinging the Tetsusaiga as he went. Immediately half the youkai were wiped out.

"Wow!" Akkiko squealed. "He's so cool!!"

"Akkiko! Watch it!" Miroku called, holding back one demon with his staff.

Akkiko turned and saw a rather large centipede demon flying straight at her. She blinked, and calmly drew out a rock from her pouch. Drawing back her slingshot, she muttered darkly, "I can't believe that oracle just gave me rocks to work with!"

She released, and the rock flew straight to its mark. It hit the youkai between the eyes . . . and promptly exploded.

Everyone stopped (including the youkai). Akkiko stared and then grinned slowly. "I like these rocks," she said.

-Interruption-

Meg: WHY are we giving Akkiko explosives? Are you MAD, woman?

Kat: Do you really need to ask that?

Meg: Good point.

Akkiko: WHEE!! I GET EXPLOSIVES!!

Kat: Security!

-end-

In the meantime, Meg was discovering how to use foxfire (which -cough- proved very effective) as well as using the kumo's lightening bolts to further fry the never-ending stream of youkai.

Kat was having fun with paper (and I am not talking origami). By this time she was not only using `fireball', but `ice spear' and `hurricane'. Needless to say, there was very few misses happening between the three of them.

But now, it was JUST the three of them fighting.

"Inu-yasha!" Kagome squealed from her position over his shoulder. Inu-yasha was crouched on the ground nearly half a mile from the battle.

"I want to see if they're worth anything in battle," he said. "If not, then they have to go back to your time, Kagome. I'm not going to waste my time worrying about three more girls."

"Inu-yasha, I think they've more than proved themselves!" Miroku snapped. "One of them is my sister!"

"And mine!" Sango said, glaring.

"AND mine!" Shippo said, jumping up and down in rage.

Inu-yasha was silent for a few minutes, and then nodded. "Let's go."

He rose, depositing Kagome on her feet. Then he took a step forward . . . but found he couldn't. It was like there was something holding his legs . . . and his arms . . . and . . . his . . . body?

"What the hell?" he shouted as he was raised into the air by nearly-invisible strings. He gaped as he was followed by Kagome, Shippo, Sango and Miroku. They were now all suspended in the trees. Someone giggled nearby.

---

(Back on the battlefield)

"That was boring," Akkiko said. "I didn't even get to use my swords."

"At least you've worked off your iced tea-high," Meg sighed. "And I've worked off my caffeine high."

Kat grinned. "Thank the lord!"

Meg and Akkiko glared at her, and then . . . noticed something very odd. They were the only people on the field at this point.

"Where . . . is everyone?" Kat said, very confused.

Meg scowled. "They abandoned us! I can't believe them! When I get my hands on that hanyou. . ."

"You just want your verbal punching bag back," Kat said.

Meg shrugged. "True enough. Now where did they-"

"Yoo hoo," said a girly voice somewhere above them. The three girls looked up and-

"HOLY SHIT SHE'S LEVITATING!!" Akkiko screamed, pointing frantically at the young girl that was seeming to hover seven feet above the ground. She was tall, with medium-length black hair, pale skin, and skimpy clothing. Her mouth was arranged in a cynical smirk as she surveyed the teens.

"Hello, kids," she said, smiling. "My name is Yura. Yura of the Hair."

"Wow, that sounds Hairy," Akkiko muttered.

"You mean as in Harry Potter?" Meg whispered back.

"No, just . . . hairy."

"Uh . . . what's up?" Kat said hesitantly. "Er, I don't know if you've seen anybody, but by any chance-"

"What have you done to Kagome and the others?" Meg snapped.

"MEG!!" Kat squealed in outrage. "You're not being polite."

"Why should I be?" Meg shot back. "She doesn't smell right."

"What are you talking about?" Akkiko asked. "Besides the fact that she's still levitating, I think she looks pretty human."

Kat snorted. "Dude, YOU look pretty human, Akkiko, but even outside of this world, we all know you're a devil straight from-"

"Anyways," Meg glared. "So, bitch, are you going to tell us where Inu-yasha and them are or do I have to hit you with a lightening bolt?"

Yura giggled. "Rude little kitsune, aren't you? But you have such nice hair, I'll forgive you."

Suddenly Meg felt something thin go around her throat. "Wha-"

Kat and Akkiko both shrieked in surprise as they were lifted into the air. Meg continued choking on the ground, clawing at her throat for something she couldn't see.

Yura gestured and the hairs that were supporting her lowered her to the ground. "Lord Naraku told me to capture the hanyou, the reincarnated miko, the taiji-ya and the monk but he never mentioned you three. He also never said I couldn't harvest some new material." She walked up to Meg and stroked her long coppery hair. "All of my old darlings were destroyed when that girl killed me the first time."

Akkiko blinked. "You're DEAD?!"

"I was," Yura smirked. "But Lord Naraku and Lady Kaguya helped me come back. Now I'll be able to get revenge for bringing them Inu-yasha and his little group of friends." She laughed. "But first-" she raised her hand and a sword flew into it, aided by more hairs, "-To get your beautiful hair." She glanced at Akkiko and Kat. "And then it'll be your turn."

Meg tried to move, to see what was happening behind her. The expressions on Akkiko and Kat's faces were ones of pure horror, and Meg began to worry about what that Yura-bitch was doing.

Akkiko struggled. Meg's in deep shit and I can't move!! She thought frantically. WHY can't I move?!

Yura took the sword in both hands, raising it to Meg's neck level. Akkiko squeezed her eyes shut and balled her hands into fists. Got-to-MOVE!! She thought. Got to save Meg!!

Kat opened her mouth to scream as Yura began to swing the sword, but suddenly felt heat coming from Akkiko. She snapped her head to look and her jaw dropped.

Akkiko was outlined in black fire, her eyes and hands squeezed shut. Energy sparked around her for several moments, and then was drawn into the teen's body as the light faded. And then-

Something cracked as cartilage shifted, and Akkiko's ears reshaped to an elfin point. She opened her eyes, showing they had turned silver, and narrowed them. Blue triangle tattoos suddenly appeared on her cheeks. She flexed her fingers and her nails shot out in long claws; twisting her wrists expertly, she severed the strings holding her up. As she fell to the ground, her black hair began to turn silver in places.

Yura had paused when she, too, felt the heat coming from Akkiko, and now stared, stunned at the newly-turned hanyou. Akkiko glared at her, and then grinned in a very demonic way. -_-;;

"You were going to hurt my friend, weren't you?" she said evilly, and Yura felt a shiver run down her spine. "Don't you know that's the top thing you can do to piss me off?"

Kat twitched. This could get ugly. And Meg had passed out from lack of oxygen, due to the hair that was still strangling her.

Yura took a step back from the maniac demon and made a few more gestures. Suddenly Meg stiffened, and her arms went unsteadily in front of her. Kat blinked.

"What the . . . Akkiko! Yura's controlling Meg!"

Akkiko scowled, and held her hands out in front of her. The wristbands of her fingerless gloves began to glow, and between one eye blink and the next, she was holding twin swords.

"Akkiko! What the hell are you doing?! You're going to make Meg into sushi!!" Kat screamed.

Akkiko remained silent, and as Meg advanced, silently circled her.

Yura smiled confidently as her hairs carried her into the air once more. "You'll never hurt your own friend, will you?" She laughed and swung via hairs off towards the forest.

Meg coughed and looked up, to see a hanyou that had to be Akkiko (did anyone else have that creepy demonic gleam in their eyes?) who was holding not one sword, but two. She also realized that she could not control her limbs.

"What the-" she tried to say, but couldn't move her mouth either. Akkiko raised her swords, brow furrowed in concentration.

"Okay, Meg. Don't. Move." The swords flew in a fast motion, until the blades were near invisible. Meg stood, stunned for a few moments, and then fell to the ground, no longer held up by the hairs.

Kat blinked a few times at Akkiko. "Since when can you use a sword like that?" she finally managed.

Akkiko shrugged, grinning. "I have absolutely no idea!"

Kat sweatdropped. "Gre-eat. That's convenient. Now get me down from here!"

---

Yura smiled at Inu-yasha, who was still trying in vain to break the strings holding him back. Kagome stared at her, eyes slightly afraid.

"You're supposed to be dead!" she said frantically. "Inu-yasha and I defeated you a long time ago!"

Yura shook her head. "Maybe you did send my soul on, but with the right price, anyone or anything can be brought back from the land of death." She smirked. "In this case, that price was taken care of by Lord Naraku, and here I am!"

Miroku shook his head. "That's not natural. Things that have been killed should stay dead."

Yura frowned at him. "So you're that monk," she said. "Huh, aren't you cute?" She fingered a bit of his bangs. "Your hair isn't very long, though-"

Thonk. Thonk. Yura jumped back as two arrows flew past her and buried themselves in the trees. Turning, she was stunned to see Meg standing there, holding her new bow. A quiver of arrows dangled from her back.

"What? How did you-?"

"Hello!" Akkiko dropped from the tree tops, holding up her swords. She grinned evilly.

Yura glared. "I've had just about enough of you." Gesturing once more, a thick group of hairs formed into an arm and split, one heading for Meg, the other for Akkiko.

"Fireball!" Several ofuda landed on the hair, bursting into flame. All heads turned to see Kat, who was making her way through the trees. She looked different; her pupils were slitted, resembling a cat's, and her ears were pointed like an elf's. She stopped, and everyone saw a cat's tail wave slowly behind her. Her necklace glowed briefly and a spear appeared in her hands, the blade shaped like a crescent moon.

She suddenly grinned maniacally at Yura, who shuddered.

"I don't like zombies," she said. Meg and Akkiko edged forward with the same expressions. "You're really creepy. We're going to kill you now."

And . . . . Uh . . . well, I think you can guess what happened next.

::five minutes later::

The three girls climbed out of the small crater that they had created in the centre of the clearing. Yura had been in the middle of it, unfortunately, and was now fertilizer for the flowers. (^^;;)

"That . . . was slightly disturbing," Kagome muttered.

"Those girls fight like-well, demons," Sango finished lamely. Kat walked up to her and cut the hair still holding the group captive.

"We are demons," she said, showing pointed teeth. "Well, sort of."

"No, I'M a demon," Meg said, cutting down Miroku and Kagome. "You're supposed to be human, but luckily aren't, and Akkiko is half-demon."

"That was fun!" Akkiko said, grinning as she cut down Inu-yasha. She looked at him, a dangerous gleam in her eyes. "So, mind explaining why you ditched us in the middle of the battle?"

Inu-yasha growled and looked away. "I wanted to make sure you could hold your own. I don't have time to protect any newbie girls that think they're warriors."

Meg glowered. "Why you little-"

Kat smirked. "Isn't that cute? He was worried about us!"

Akkiko glanced at Kat; Kat winked at Meg; the three girls all threw themselves at Inu-yasha in a merciless bear hug.

"Thank-you, Inu-yasha!" they laughed.

Inu-yasha flushed. "What are you-get offa me, you wenches!"

Kagome laughed. "He means that in the best way possible!"

"Oh, we know!" Akkiko said, as she went flying (Inu-yasha then detached Meg and Kat and flung them back a few feet)

---

Kameko Haru smiled a little as she watched the group from the branches of a nearby tree. Inu-yasha snapped something at the three girls; they laughed it off, making him even angrier.

"Well, at least they're fitting in," she said to herself. She looked at her crystal ball and frowned. The smoke inside of it was still red. "What are you planning, Naraku?" she muttered.

The smoke twisted into two forms: one was Kaguya. Kameko knew Naraku had brought her back from Miroku's kazaana; the other shape was that of another foe Inu-yasha and his friends had dealt with. (A/N: If you can't tell who this is, then I'm no-ot tell-ing!)

Kameko stood and gracefully leapt down from the tree. She started walking towards the Bone-Eater's Well.

"Those girls will have a lot to face in the next few weeks," she said. "I'd better arrange it so that they may stay here, in the feudal era." Positioning herself for a leap into the well, Kameko Haru turned back and smiled, though her eyes were worried.

"Good luck, girls," she whispered and jumped.

# # #

Akkiko: Well, another chapter finished! Good job, Kat-Kat? ::looks around for authoress, who has disappeared::

Meg: I think she's over by the computer ::THUD:: Yep, I would definitely say over by the computer.

::The two girls run over to computer, where Kat had passed out::

Meg: Kat, why are you dead?

::The pile-of-goop-that-is-Kat sits up and glares::

Kat: Because 1) I just finished my first week of summer school 2) Throwing together an effective portfolio in three days is NOT fun 3) Deadlines really live up to their names and 4) I had to get this chapter done so at least four people wouldn't kill me!! I think I have an excuse to be dead!! ::Thud::

Akkiko: Seeing as our authoress has passed out, I'll say "ja ne!" and don't forget to review!!

Mass-of-goop-that-is-Kat: YA'D DAMN-WELL BETTER REVIEW!!!

Akkiko and Meg= -.-;;

---

Okay, I'm not dead, but seriously, summer school is NOT FUN. I would happily avoid it, but NOOO, Grade Eleven's HAVE to take CALM 20, and to avoid being bored to death during the school year, I've decided to get it done in two weeks. One week down bay-BEE!!

Muses: Yeah, lot's of time for you to work on your fanfics.

Authoress: ::glares:: Shut. Up.

Oh, and regarding the people who want to kill me:

Here you are: Meg, Akkiko, Rae, and Laura!! SO STOP HARASSING ME!!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-yasha or it's characters. I own only original characters, the plot, and myself. Meg owns herself, Akkiko owns herself, blah blah yadda yadda.