InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Olympic Dreams ❯ Run in with the Big Dog ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I don't own Inuyasha and this is non-profit. I do this purely for entertainment. This is my first fanfic so any ideas would be appreciated Tokyo Ice Rink may exist but I have no idea, if so I don't own them either.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
 
“Come On Kagome! We're gonna be late for open skate!” screams the brown-eyed brunette at the doorway.
“Ack! I can't find my skates!” wails Kagome. Frantically she runs to the closet and digs into the box where her ice skates reside nice and broken in and still shining pure and white. “There they are. Thank Kami.” Sighs the 16 year old. She grabs her skates and heads to the door grabbing her bag on the way out.
Heading out the door, the two women rush to the Tokyo Ice Rink. They chatter about the coaches that are supposed to be looking for new athletes to train (aka tryouts). Kagome was really excited about this opportunity. She had been skating since she was 4. However she had never been truly serious about it since she met Sango. Sango was a professional skater who was coming out of her now three year retirement. Kagome met the 22 year old when she replied for an ad about a room for rent. The girls immediately got along, especially hearing about each other's skating hobby. Sango had gotten injured during the 2006 Torino Olympics and had gone into retirement until she was a completely healed. Now she was looking for a new coach to begin for that Olympic Gold again. She hoped Kagome would be able to join her on Team Japan.
As they neared the complex, Kagome got more nervous. She began to feel all hot and jittery. She stopped at the door, and the other woman placed her hand on the young girl's shoulder, nudging her through.
The older woman chuckled at the young girl's nerves, reminiscing on her first tryouts as a young girl. She truly hoped that Kagome would be able to fight through her nerves and skate to her full potential. She'd see the girl skate routines better than many Olympians do, and she was only playing around. Sango was always honest with Kagome, and was her trainer and coach as much as she could be. She knew that she couldn't be Kagome's coach if she still wanted to make it to the Olympics, so she suggested that they go to these tryouts.
They walked by the line that was at the door waving to Eri, who was working the booth that fateful day. The other girl waved to the couple as they walked to the locker room to change.
Kagome had picked out a tight fitting three quarter sleeves purple bodysuit, red soffe shorts and grey leggings underneath it all. She tied up the laces of her white skates and put on her plain black blade covers.
Sango was dressed simply as well, in a black long sleeve bodysuit, pink shorts and blaxk leggings. She wore her custom made skates that had last her for several years. They were a bit worn, but had yet to fail her in the past few years until she got back on her feet. She slapped on her blade covers, pulled her hair into her signature high ponytail, and grabbed Kagome, who had put her hair into a plain low ponytail and their water bottles.
The two girls headed out to the ice where many girls and several guys had already accumulated on the ice.
Setting down her water bottle, Kagome began to do her stretches. She always laughed at the people who would gape at her flexibility. She and Sango did their final stretches, using each other for support and to stretch further. Once they felt stretched and ready to go, the two brunettes stepped onto the ice and began to do a few warm up laps.
Once the Kagome was warm, she began to do some basic crossovers, lutzes, and salchows. She then finds Sango in the crowd and watches her as she warms up and practices. She loves how Sango seems so graceful and strong when she is skating. Sango always look so determined and into her element when she skates that it captures people's attention.
After watching for a few minutes, Kagome skates up to Sango. “You look a little tight on your spins, and you're under rotating on your spins.” She tells her.
“Yeah, I can tell. I don't think I should've done those extra workouts on Thursday,” replies Sango with a sigh.
“Probably not,” chuckles Kagome. Who takes her eyes off the ice in front of her to look at the woman next to her. All of a sudden, Kagome is on the floor looking up at the back of a man with long silver hair pulled into a low ponytail.
“Sorry,” says Kagome as she tries to get up off the ice and back onto her feet. Then there is a large hand in front of her. She looks up and meets the golden eyes of the man that she had ran into. “I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.” She continues.
“Feh, just don't let it happen again, wench.” Replies the man.
Kagome narrows her eyes at the man, who happens to have fluffy white ears upon his head. Hmm…those look so soft, I want to touch them she thinks but quickly shakes off the notion, remembering that this exotic, and beautiful man was just very rude to her. “Well excuse me, but you shouldn't have been going so slow when it's quiet obvious that everyone on the inside part of the rink are going faster than those on the edge!” the now red-faced girl yells at the man, “and my name is not wench! It's Kagome, dogboy.” She skates away towards Sango who is staring at the girl giggling.
“Nice one, Kagome. You've just pissed off one of the best male prospects for the next Olympics girl.” Laughs Sango who is now doubled over with laughter.
“You've got to be kidding me. You mean dogboy over there is Inuyasha Taisho?” says Kagome incredulously.
“Yup, the one and only.”
Shit. What a great start you've gotten for yourself girl…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Please review!! Hopefully I'll update soon, but school, athletics, and life can get in the way, but I'll try my hardest!!!