InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Olympic Dreams ❯ Childhood Inspiration ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I've officially done it now…
With a sigh, Kagome heads back into her previous routine, not caring if Sango followed or not. She can't find any sign of the annoying, yet gorgeous white-haired, dog-eared Inuyasha Taisho, and finally relaxes.
Why am I so upset and flustered about this one guy and one argument? the raven haired girl wonders.
She finally gets her rhythm back and decides to run some of her elements before the open skate ends. However she is distracted by the sight of her dear sister-friend, who is skating side-by-side with a dark-haired man with entrancing violet eyes. As Kagome skates by the pair she spins to raise her eyebrow at the older girl, making her blush.
Continuing on, Kagome glides across the ice and ends up lost in her own thought. She always felt the most relaxed on the ice. It reminded her of the reason she loves skating…
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~10 Years Ago~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Little Kagome is sitting on the edge of the frozen pond behind the shrine the Higurashi family owns. She wants to walk onto the glass-like surface, but she's afraid to. She doesn't want to end up like Yuri, who had wandered onto the ice only after it had been below freezing for three days. The ice was very weak and had plunged her small friend into the icy depths instantly. Yuri was still sick and had missed a lot of school. Kagome shook her head shivering at the thought. She sighs in defeat and begins to walk away.
There's no way she can do it today, not all alone. She heads through the woods to her family's shrine, but is stopped by a young boy with golden eyes.
He stares at her a moment before he says, “Why didn't you go on the pond?”
Kagome looked away from him and down at the ground with a blush. ”I'm afraid,” she admitted.
“Why?” the boy asked tilting his head at the girl before him.
“I don't want to end up like Yuri. She fell into the pond a few weeks ago and is still sick,” mumbled the gray eyed child still staring at the ground.
The boy processed this and grabbed her hand pulling her back towards the pond. Shocked and slightly scared, Kagome asked the boy why there was going back to the pond, but the boy just grunted in response.
When they got back to the pond, he let go of her hand and walked onto the ice without a second thought. “See the ice is fine.” he said turning to look at the girl. He sat down on the ice and started pulling on his skates that hung from his shoulder. Once finished, he did a lap around the pond and stopped before the dark-haired girl.
Kagome was still watching the white-haired boy. Once he stopped, he just stared at her and raised his eyebrow.
“What are you waiting for?” he inquired.
Shaken out of her revere, she blushed, sat down in the snow and laced up her own skates. Now that that was done, she stood up and grabbed the hand offered to her by the snow-haired boy. The boy smiled at her hand in his glad that his encouragement worked. She let herself be lead around the pond. She stumbled several times throughout the next few hours. The two children skated and the boy taught the girl several tips and tricks to be able to do it herself.
When the children heard a woman call for dinner, the raven-haired girl sported a pout, but glided over to the edge of the ice anyways. She pulled off her skates and donned her boots within minutes. She looked at the boy for a moment before saying softly, “thank you for giving me the courage to try and go onto the pond.”
“Feh,” was the only reply she received.
The girl began to walk away. She was interrupted by the boy asking “What is your name?”
The dark-haired girl turned and met his amber eyes with her grey ones, smiled at him and replied with one word, “Kagome.”
She quickly turned around when she heard her mothers call again and walked away from the mysterious boy on the frozen pond.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~End Memory~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kagome smiled at the memory that started her love for skating. She never did see that boy again.
 
At the edge of the ice, a sullen, amber-eyed hanyou took a drink of water, not taking his eyes off the dark haired girl he had ran into earlier. He was still pissed.
The girl makes me get out of my groove, and then yells at me?! Who does she think she is? Doesn't she know who I am?
He continues to watch her, the girl named Kagome. She was very graceful, strong and fluid, and had an obvious stubborn confidence streak radiating from her. For some reason, he thought he recognized her, but couldn't figure out why she seemed so familiar. Then she smiled. At what he wasn't sure, but suddenly he knew why. He remembered that smile! It was that girl from so many years ago!