InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ Scars of the Heart ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On a Wing & a Prayer

Part XVI: Scars of the Heart

"Sesshomaru! I didn't mean for you to see that!" a young woman yelled. Her voice bounced off the cold stone walls, but the man she spoke to turned a deaf ear. A white-haired demon spun around, a heartbroken look on his face. "Shut up…you treacherous whore!" he yelled. A young woman jogged toward him, pulling on her loose and disheveled yukata.

She placed a hand on his shoulder, but he quickly shoved her back. "Get away from me! I would prefer you not touch me!" he shouted, his voice like acid. As he said this, a half-dressed man with short, spiky black hair walked up, chuckling a little with a smug look on his face. "Well, well, Sesshomaru. Looks like you just saw a ghost," he laughed, throwing an arm around the young woman.

Sesshomaru let out a huge growl. "Don't you even touch Chidori!" he shrieked. He lunged forward, but the older demon easily parried, sending him back. "Ha ha ha…little man. Foolish, really. Chidori's mine now," he said, pulling her closer. Chidori scowled a little at the both of them, but Sesshomaru looked as though he'd rip both their throats out.

He smirked a little as acid began to soak his claws. "I'll…kill you, Tenchi! I swaer to the gods I'll kill you!" he yelled. Once again, Sesshomaru lunged forward at him. Tenchi gave a sickening smile, and when he neared, he punched Sesshomaru in the gut, knocking the wind out of him.

"Stupid little man. Did you really think you could touch the great Tenchi? C'mon! you're just a kid!" he laughed. Sesshomaru growled, but he was still incapacitated. "Hm. I guess I remind you of your dad, huh. Goin' off with some human slut. Hear they got a son now. Ah…it's too bad your mom had to kill herself over it. So many other guys she coulda had…"

Sesshomaru attacked again, but, again, was blocked. He was simply too weak and young to fight against him. Tenchi…his mentor and long time friend had stolen Chidori from him. The woman he loved so much. Heartbroken and hazed in disbelief, Sesshomaru sank to his knees. As Tenchi walked off, still with Chidori in his arm, she gave him a sympathetic look. When they walked off, Sesshomaru blacked out.

******

Sesshomaru's eyes opened with a start. He looked down, seeing Gina pressed against him, once again sound asleep. He gave a slight sigh. He hadn't had that awful dream in a while. He really didn't care, though. He himself had hunted Tenchi down, and by then, no one knew what had happened to Chidori. Biting his lip, he carefully pulled away from Gina as not to wake her. Making sure she simply stirred, Sesshomaru walked across his large room to a large door that led to his balcony.

The demon silently stepped outside, breathing in the cool air. He walked over to the edge, gripping the icy marble railing with his one clawed hand. As a cool breeze blew around him, he let out a gentle sigh, slowly closing his eyes.

Sesshomaru smelt the chilled air. All he could smell was Gina. Of course, that was soothing to him now. The scent of fragrant chrysanthemums tickled his nose. What in the hells…? A small smirk crossed his lips. "Ah, Chidori," he said softly, shutting his eyes, "Why do you still haunt me?"

He turned his head when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Gina, I didn't hear you come out here," he said simply. Gina nuzzled against him. "I woke up and you weren't there, so I figured you came out here," she replied softly, closing her eyes, "Oh…and who, may I ask, is this Chidori woman?"