InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On the Outside ❯ But Your Reputation! ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Word Count: 391Prompt: bullyGenre: dramaRating: PG-13Warnings: mild languageSummary: At archery class, Kagome's friends try to make her see the error of her ways.


Kagome took in a deep breath and aimed before exhaling while releasing her arrow. It hit dead center with a thunk and she allowed her shoulders to slump.

"Why do you bother defending him?" Sango asked from her left.

"Because he's a nice guy that doesn't deserve to be treated like crap."

"Yes, he does," Kikyo replied from her right. "He's a disgusting creature that should have been slaughtered before he drew his first breath."

"Ugh, " Kagome groaned while notching another arrow. She pictured the nasty bitch of a miko's face on her target and released, feeling some of her anger flow out of her with the thought of her arrow landing right in the middle of Kikyo's forehead. She'd never do such a thing, of course, but it didn't hurt to have a homicidal fantasy or two every now and then. "No, he's not! He's a nice guy! He's funny and cute. He's a big sweetheart when you get to know him. I don't understand why everyone cares so much about what his parents are. So what if he's half-human and half-demon? He's still a person."

"Actually, no," Kagura said, sliding her way into the conversation. "He's a stain on Sesshoumaru's family's honor. He's an embarrassment. I would love to cut his stupid ears off. I'll bet Sesshy would think they were a great gift."

Kagome only rolled her eyes and aimed again, this time picturing the wind witch's face as her target. With another thunk, Kagura took an arrow to the eye, if only in Kagome's mind. "You guys are never going to change my mind. Inuyasha's my friend and that's final."

Kikyo shook her head in disappointment. "You know, you're only hurting yourself. Your reputation can only take so much before you end up on the same level as the half-breed. I'm only thinking about you, dear cousin."

"No," Kagome replied. "You're thinking about yourself, worried that people might think you are a 'hanyou sympathizer' like I am. Wouldn't want to tarnish that sparkly reputation of yours."

Kikyo gasped, holding a hand to her heart. "I hadn't even thought of that! Gods, Kagome, why are you such a selfish little brat? Don't you care what people think of you?"

"Nope," she replied with a grin. "And I don't give a damn what they think of you either."