InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On the Outside ❯ Get it All Out ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 13 - Get It All Out

"It's too late for that," Kagome said sadly. "You... you chose hate over me."

"No, you chose a stranger over our eight year friendship. How do you think that made me feel?"

"Made you feel? How do you think I felt when I found out you were such a bigot? How can you say you want a relationship with me if you hate hanyou so much? If you think humans and demons shouldn't be together, then what does that say about us? Finding out how much you hated mixed relationships broke my heart."

"You're different, Kagome. I don't care what you are. All I've ever wanted was to be with you. From the moment I first laid eyes on you when we were eight, I know I loved you, human or not."

"Yeah, and how would your bigot friends like that? You'd be down on Inuyasha's rung of the social ladder in an instant," Kagome said with tears in her eyes.

"I don't care what they might think. I would give up everything in an instant to be with you."

"Sure, maybe now, but what if I... What if I accidently got pregnant? Then you would hate me and hate your own child."

"I could never hate you or our child, Kagome. I love you."

"How can you say that," she yelled, "and still hate him?!"

"That's different!" Sesshoumaru exclaimed. "My father cheated on my mother with Inuyasha's mother! He abandoned his mate for a human woman who was only interested in his money. He left my mother and I alone for years. The only reason I live with my father now is because my mother died. She killed herself when I was five, all because of him! Father still prefers Inuyasha to myself. You think I should like him for all the damage he caused to my family? That whelp tore my entire world apart!"

"What?" Kagome said in confusion. "You never told me any of this."

"And you never asked why I hate him so much."

"Well, that's because you were tormenting him for being a hanyou. How was I supposed to know there was more?"

"If you had asked me, you would have known."

"Don't you dare put this all on me," Kagome hissed. "You had plenty of opportunities to tell me. You were too busy punishing your brother for something that isn't even his fault! He's not responsible for what your father did, or what your mother did. He's innocent in this. He didn't ask to be born and he certainly didn't deserve being tortured by you! Inuyasha, let me out of here. It doesn't matter if I love him or not. I can't be with someone like him."

Sesshoumaru looked at her in shock. What the hell did that mean? Did she love him or not? And why couldn't she be with him? He'd said he would stop treating the hanyou badly. He said he would do anything. Why wasn't that enough?