InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On The Sea ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

This chapter is dedicated to ArtificialWatermelonFlavoring! Happy BELATED birthday!! ^_^

Chapter 12:

Kagome stared at the smirking Sesshoumaru in shock. Hundreds of thoughts were whirling around in head but one of them stood out from the rest.

`How did he know?'

It wasn't possible! She had only told Miroku and Shippo of her secret and they had promised never to mention it let alone tell anyone.

Kagome struggled to get off of Inuyasha but his grip on her hips was unrelenting. His grip soon turned bruising, nails digging into the soft flesh of her hips, Kagome immediately stopped struggling, closing her eyes in shame.

"Please, let me go. . ." She whispered softly against Inuyasha's hard chest, her breath fanning against his neck.

Inuyasha snarled and all but threw Kagome off of him. He ignored her cru of pain and leapt to his feet- his face hard and unforgiving.

"What the hell is this!? You knew about this!" Inuyasha growled at Sesshoumaru as his hands fisted at his sides, his knuckles turning white with tension.

Sesshoumaru cast Inuyasha a cool calm look.

"Of course" Sesshoumaru drawled "A GOOD captain should always know about his crew."

Inuyasha growled and gritted his teeth as he glared daggers at Sesshoumaru.

"Was she a good lay Sesshoumaru? I bet you really enjoyed having her writhe beneath you." Inuyasha spat venomously.

Kagome gasped in shock, fury rising up in her. `How dare he!' Just because she was a woman didn't make her some kind of sex toy.

Sesshoumaru shook his head slowly, not rising to Inuyasha's barbs.

"You know different Inuyasha. I promised Rin that I would look after her should she run into me during my travels."

Kagome stared at Sesshoumaru in complete and utter shock. This was all too much- Rin? How did Sesshoumaru know Rin!?

"Ah that's right, I almost forgot about your precious Rin." Inuyasha sneered.

Sesshoumaru said nothing but merely cocked an eyebrow at his younger brother's antics.

Kagome pushed herself up into a sitting position on the floor- standing was too much to even think about right now.

"I-I don't understand- how do you know Rin?" Kagome asked her eyes full of the confusion that showed plainly on her face.

Sesshoumaru tuned his eyes away slowly from the staring match he was having with Inuyasha and looked at Kagome with something akin to amusement.

"I have known Rin since she was a young child. When she discovered your impending marriage she sent word to me- fearing that you would run. It was merely luck that I happened to run into you. And to be honest, your disguise was quite good- I almost didn't recognize you."

Kagome couldn't even blink she was so shocked.

"Keh. You let a WOMAN on your ship- some captain you are." Inuyasha snorted.

Sesshoumaru's eyes flickered towards his.

"Hypocrite."

Hey! Ayame doesn't count!" Inuyasha protested, crossing his arms stubbornly while glaring at both Kagome and Sesshoumaru. "We've known her since forever-she's like one of the men."

"And what of Sango? Or the countless other women- and I use that term loosely- you keep aboard this ship?"

Inuyasha snarled. "Those whores are here for my crew's enjoyment- as for Sango. . ."

Sesshoumaru smirked when Inuyasha faltered and cocked a questioning eyebrow.

"Keh! I don't have to explain myself to you!"

Turning towards Kagome Sesshoumaru smirked.

"What my dear little brother means to say is that he allowed Sango aboard the ship because she helped save his life, and had he left her on land Naraku or on of his minions surely would have killed her by now."

Turning back to the sputtering Inuyasha Sesshoumaru added.

"my little brother, the soft hearted little hero."

"THAT'S IT! YOU'RE DEAD!!" Inuyasha roared as he leapt at Sesshoumaru whose golden eyes were shining with amusement.

Sesshoumaru easily dodged Inuyasha's fist.

"I was right wasn't I?" Sesshoumaru chuckled.

"Go suck on it!" Inuyasha cursed, leaping at Sesshoumaru again.

Kagome watched the exchange from her spot on the ground. They were acting like children the way they were throwing back and forth insults as well as fists that never seemed to land.

Rolling her eyes and sighing in exasperation Kagome grabbed the edge of the desk and using her good arm, pulled herself to her feet, using the desk for support.

"Gentlemen please! This really is ridiculous!" Kagome shouted, her face reflecting her stern disapproval.

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru paused mid-insult, both turning to look at her.

Two pairs of amazing amber eyes stared fixedly at her. Kagome could only wonder how two pairs of eyes could be so similar yet so different. One was full of emotion, anger reflecting from its depths. While the other was full of cool amusement- so cold and guarded.

"Keh!" Inuyasha grunted and turned his back to both of them- crossing his arms over his chest.

An awkward silence descended upon the room as the three were at a loss as to what to say next.

Kagome couldn't believe this- everything had happened so quickly- her head was STILL spinning. Her secret was out in a matter of a week. After keeping it guarded so well for all the months that she had been aboard the Sea Maiden, Kagome felt as if she had lost a part of herself. But at the same time she felt so relieved- now she didn't have to carry this burden and lie to everyone. It was almost if a huge weight had been taken off her shoulders. She let out a sigh of relief, yet her head was still spinning- she was starting to feel . . . faint. Kagome let out a startled gasp as her knees buckled out from under her.

Kagome looked up confused, what was wrong with her? She felt fine- though her arm was a little cold. . .

Kagome looked at her shoulder to see her tunic stained with blood, her blood.

"Oh dear" Kagome whispered "I'm getting blood all over the place." Kagome said, before her eyes rolled up into her head.

She didn't even hear Inuyasha call out to her.

Kagome felt herself pulling out of the black oblivion of sleep and into the waking world. Vainly, she tried to hold onto the outer edges of sleep, but it was like trying to hold onto sand, the grains always slipped through your fingers.

Kagome opened her eyes slowly, taking in her surroundings. She was lying on her back on a small soft bed. Kagome stared up at the wood ceiling before turning her head to the side.

The room she was in was small and plain. Wood walls, wood floor- nothing special. Aside from the small table and chair in the corner and the bed she was sleeping on, there was no furniture in the room. A candle burned steadily from its place on the table- making light play across the walls and ceiling.

For the briefest of moments Kagome didn't know how she got here, in this small room- but then she remembered. She had passed out on Sesshoumaru's floor; they must have put her in this small room- like one would a prisoner.

Kagome groaned `How long have I been asleep?'

She sat up slowly, glancing at her neatly bandaged shoulder. The thick wool blanet that had been covering her slid down to her waist.

The cool damp air met bare flesh- and Kagome's cheeks flared red as she looked down to find that she was naked from the waist up. Blushing furiously Kagome snatched the blanket back to herself.

Had Miroku seen . . . ? `Oh god!' Kagome's cheeks and ears were burning.

"Did they HAVE to take my shirt off?" Kagome mumbled.

Kagome swung her feet over the bed, her bare feet touching the cold floor. Wrapping the blanket around herself Kagome wobbled over to the thick door that hung opposite if the bed. Kagome's fingers fumbled for the knob, only to find that there wasn't one.

"Great, just great." Kagome groaned, pressing her forehead against the door. Now there was no doubt in Kagome's mind that she was being kept as a prisoner.

She was trapped. Locked up in a dark windowless room like a prisoner. Her only crime: being female.

A slight twinge in her shoulder caught her attention. By all means she really shouldn't have been up on her feet- she had lost too much blood and still felt a bit light headed. With nothing to do, Kagome spared one last glance around the room before crawling back into the soft bed, the blankets wrapped tightly around her as she fell into a deep sleep.

Kagome awoke with a jolt, bolting upright only to be swamped with dizziness. A firm hand pushed her back down to the bed. Dark blue/brown eyes stared down at her, full of concern.

"M-Miroku?" Kagome whispered as her vision cleared.

Miroku smiled down softly at her.

"How are you feeling Kage? Is there any pain in your shoulder?"

Kagome shook her head `no'. Her shoulder didn't hurt anymore-well not much anyway; she was just a little bit dizzy.

"Good, good." Miroku murmured as he turned away from her. He approached the bed with a small basin full of water and what looked like a doctor's bag.

"Would you please sit up Kage?" Miroku asked as he placed the basin on a chair.

Kagome sat up slowly, the blanket clutched tightly to her chest.

"I have to change your bandages." Miroku explained as he unwound the bandage from her shoulder. He was so focused on his work he almost didn't hear Kagome's question.

"Where's my shirt?"

Miroku's eyes flickered up to hers and then back to the work at hand. He ran the wet cloth over and around her wound gently- making Kagome wince slightly in pain.

"Your shirt" he said as he rubbed a healing ointment onto her wound "was covered in blood- not to mention ripped in half."

Kagome's eyes bulged. "Ripped in half!?"

Miroku simply nodded his head as he wound the gauze around her shoulder.

"Inuyasha ripped it off to see to your wound. You're lucky he acted so quickly, you could have REALLY gotten hurt."

A fiery blush spread across Kagome's cheeks at the thought of Inuyasha tearing her shirt off- she was absolutely mortified. The man that she viewed as her captain (or one of them anyway) had not only discovered her secret- he had seen her chest as well.

Miroku chuckled softly at Kagome's expression.

Miroku snapped his black bag shut and gave Kagome a sad glance.

"I'm glad you are ok Kagome. Inuyasha will be in to see you sometime today. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to stay." Miroku said before turning his back on her and walking towards the door.

"Wait! Miroku, don't leave me!" Kagome called, reaching a hand out towards him.

Miroku sighed and froze mid step, looking over his shoulder.

"I have to go now, I know we didn't get a chance to talk but nothing has happened since you fainted- well except that the whole ship knows your secret." Miroku let out a frustrated sigh "Inuyasha has been little more then a pompous ass since you fainted, he has been giving Shippo and I a hard time. And lady Sango is working twice as hard now that your not there to help. Sango and Shippo told me to tell you that they said hello. I-I can't stay any longer."

Seeing Kagome's tearful expression at being left alone again Miroku smiled reassuringly at her.

"Don't worry Kage, we'll find a way out of this."

Miroku gave the door two solid knocks and it swung open to allow him to leave.

"Bye Kage."

"Bye Miroku." Kagome whispered as the door slammed shut again behind him, casting the room in darkness once more.

Inuyasha stood in Sesshoumaru's chambers, his expression one of utter disbelief.

"Are you serious?" Inuyasha shouted- an excited gleam in his eyes.

Sesshoumaru glanced up at his brother from his desk. His hands were clasped tightly in front of him while his elbows rested on the desk.

"Yes, I am quite serious." Sesshoumaru said coldly.

Inuyasha grinned and flopped down into one of the large black chairs that sat in front of Sesshoumaru's desk.

He couldn't believe it! This had to be one of the best things that had happened to him since, well . . . ever!

Sighing Sesshoumaru stared levelly at Inuyasha. "I don't know why father would even dream of leaving you the testsusiaga fleet but he has."

Inuyasha grinned wickedly at his older brother. It was no secret that Sesshoumaru had always wanted the fleet for himself.

"However," Sesshoumaru continued undaunted "there are two things you must do or attain before the tetsusaiga fleet will be yours."

Inuyasha smirked. "Tell me what to do and I'll do it."

At this, Sesshoumaru smirked back, his smirk identical to Inuyasha's.

"First, you must give up this foolish notion of piracy and become a gentleman."

Inuyasha's eyebrow twitched a low growl spilled from his throat. Give up the life of a pirate? Inuyasha lived for the adventure that this life brought him. He loved the thrill of the chase, being on the outside of the law. Piracy was the only life he had ever known.

Gritting his teeth Inuyasha let out a muffled "Fine."

"If that's all. . ." Inuyasha grumbled as he made to leave.

Sesshoumaru's eyes seemed to light up and he looked almost . . . joyous . . . (a/n: *shivers)

"Oh but brother dear, I said there were two things that you needed to do, the second" Sesshoumaru paused for effect "You must wed and produce an heir."

Inuyasha stared at Sesshoumaru, his eyes a myriad of emotions. His throat was tight and didn't seem to be working.

"What?" he croaked.

Sesshoumaru smirked and leaned back in his chair.

"That's correct little brother- I get father's estate, tensiaga, and you- you get his fleet. But only if you wed and beget an heir."

Inuyasha snarled. "I don't need some damn woman to weigh me down!"

"Then you can't have tetsusiaga." Sesshoumaru shrugged.

Inuyasha was seething, how typical of the old sadistic bastard. Make HIM get married? Inuyasha all but snorted at that. He didn't want the responsibility a wife would bring- they probably wanted to be coddled and Inuyasha was not the lovey dovey type. All he wanted in life was adventure and a good fuck every once in a while.

That's when it hit him. Being commander of a whole fleet of ships would mean that he would be, or could be, called constantly away from home. All he had to do was get his `wife' pregnant and leave. The rest would take care of itself. He would come home once in a while to fulfill his marriage duties.

A smirk grew across his face. "Alright find me a wife."

Sesshoumaru didn't like the look in his younger brother's eyes.

"Fine, I will compose a list of eligible females for you. Come back tonight and I will have them ready."

Smirking, Inuyasha stood up and strode out of the room.

(Let it be known I could end it here . . . but I'm feeling generous. . .)

"No."

"You have no choice brother" Sesshoumaru sneered "Yura has already offered to be your wife and her dowry is quite large."

"I said no." Inuyasha growled. He couldn't stand that woman; she was annoying loud and a downright slut.

Sesshoumaru sighed as he crossed another name off the list. He paused at the next name- pen hovering before he crossed that one off too.

Inuyasha glanced up. "Hey! Who was that?"

"Someone you would never have a chance with." Sesshoumaru replied evenly.

"Why not?"

Sesshoumaru shook his head. "Not only are you a half-breed but she is currently engaged."

"Keh. Like I care." Inuyasha shrugged.

************************** 2 hours later ***********************************

Sesshoumaru stared down at the list he had composed. Over 100 names had been on this list and all of them - every single one- had been crossed out.

Rubbing his temples Sesshoumaru glared at Inuyasha who was sprawled out in the lounge chair, one leg dangling over the arm rest.

"You HAVE to pick one of these names Inuyasha." Sesshoumaru said, a hint of frustration in his voice.

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll pick one randomly" a smirk spread across his face. "It's not like it matters."

Taking the long scroll of names from Sesshoumaru Inuyasha scanned the list, trying to pick one out randomly. `This isn't going to work; I'm going t' have to use lucky.' Inuyasha thought as he dropped the list to the ground- the names facing upwards. Inuyasha fished deep into his pockets to pull out a golden coin, carved into its golden surface was the name `Lucky'. Tossing in the air and catching it Inuyasha smiled. Whenever he had to choose something in a tough situation, he always used Lucky, and it hadn't failed him yet. And it wasn't going to fail him now, whatever the coin chose Inuyasha was going to stick to it.

"Here goes nothing."

Inuyasha tossed the coin up into the air and watched as it hit the ground and rolled down along the scroll before coming to a spinning halt that seemed to last forever.

Inuyasha smirked; it had landed on a name- completely covering it. Crouching down, Inuyasha picked up the coin and read the name beneath.

"Kagome Higarashi. . ."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

I thought I would NEVER finish typing that *wipes sweat off forehead* I've been typing this thing up all day to make up for my lack of updating. Yea, I got grounded, again. Apparently my mom doesn't like it when I skip Spanish class. And either does the school because I got a three-hour detention for it. Quality time with Mrs. Kelly *shudders*.

I'd like to thank you all for reviewing! I mean when I came on and saw that I had like 90 reviews in my e-mail I was totally blown away. ^_^ *does happy dance* And I am sorry for not updating sooner, I have some interesting things planned for next chapter so be afraid, be very afraid. . .

Without further Ado I give you . . .*drum roll*

KUDOS!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

inuXkag4eva: Sorry I didn't get to e-mail you, yea this is a I/K fic ^_^

kyandoru

ElfinKat: Well I'm glad you like my story ^_^ But the dog and fox thing originated from one of the reviewers, not my idea at all. LOL. I love you people. ^_^ *blinks* You don't know what Kudos means? Well up here in Farmington it means like umm. . .thanks, or um not rewards but. . . geez, I don't think it really has a definition. . .

Eadha Ohn : OO me too! I love the pirate era, can you tell? ^_~

acidic green : lol, I feel your pain ^_~ Sorry it took me so long to update.

Demoness-of-Myth

shadow_demon12 : It's an I/K, I know it isn't obvious, BUT IT IS!! *wails* ^_~

AnImE gUrl

LADY DOGDEMON

BlackMageOfFire : Cliff hanger phobic huh? *snorts* Haven't heard THAT one yet ^_^

MissyCambee

kirei kimochi

Greenleaf

lil-fluffy-foxgirl-07: Well EVIL is my middle name ^_~ lol.

Bluefuzzyelf: PARLEY! PARLEY! … 0.0 nothing happened . . .OOO was I supposed to wait until we got there? Hehehe, HURRY UP I WANNA GET ME SOME HOTTIES!! *gives you plastic strainer* lets go!!

dreamcatcher5: *blushes* awww, you shouldn't have *flutters eyelashes* ^_~

Jenny

LilNezumi LilInu : *glances from left to right* Squirrel mafia? I have no clue what you talking about *cough cough* Okay okay so I have been doin' a lil' this and a lil' that but lets keep it on the downlow aight!

LilGiggles

The Great Funschizmo: And really, I'm not a nice person, so you see the conflict here.

Kelsey : Why zank you

Cyndy: lol, this was never intended to be a Kag/Sess fic. I decided to take my time building up the relationships between Kagome and Inuyasha but in the last chapter I got impatient and boshed that one up. ^_^

Angel81

Pyroe : I fall off my chair all the time too! *chuckles nervously* Did I just say that outloud…?

al-khidr lover

Hiikaru : That's right! Finally someone agrees with me, I'm not JUST evil, I make cliffies because it keeps people reading AND it makes the story good. But then there's the fact that I AM a sadist . . .Oh well *shrugs* you get the point ^_~

Anandria: lol, I was under the impression that all men were pigs. J/K!!!! lol ^_^ Yea, Sesshoumaru's a bit of a sadist too, he must take after me. . .

IYB Junsui

LtlSwimmerGurl

aya-kindoku : mmmm chocolate. . .For future reference, don't mention food in reviews it makes this starving author hungry * droolz* lol j/k ^_^

Draconia Phoenixus: Yes, I have to work on that repetitiveness ^_~ I'm glad you like it though!

Sprout: Did I answer your question? ^_^ Sorry bout your ring finger, that must really hurt *tear* such devotion, I feel so special *sobs*

Jessi Lynn: Well I'm glad your still alive ^_^ And yea, Sesshoumaru is a little too observant. . .I love that man or rather Youkai, or if you want to get technical, cartoon. *sobs* WHY CANT THEY BE REAL!?

acidic green: OO really? ^_^ I am evil, just call me that from now on so there's no confusion.

Silvershark

Emlillaa: What's up with you people and food! Why must you torture me so!? And right before dinner too! How cruel!!

fluffyluver07: Flying cows. Hmmmm. Interesting . . . Yes I hate fics that make him evil too! He IS my favorite character, and he's so incredibly hott!! *sighs*

ayakumi: I feel thoroughly yelled at. Good job *gives thumbs up sign* Yea, this is a Inuyasha Kagome fic. I HAVE been confusing a lot of people haven't I? *grins*

bulma the dancing cat : *blinks* -.- Good lord help me now. You are really something special aren't you? *sighs* Is that penname for real Lindz? Lol.

fuzzy purple thing: coffee= good. Yea that chapter was long; I like to think of it as three in one. I really am contemplating changing my penname to evil. . . I mean everyone seems to be calling me that. I don't know why . . .*blinks innocently*

Mav1: lol, freak flag, I like that ^_^ Tell Fred I said Hi ^_^ But I took your advice and took my sweet sweet time updating. Although I didn't really have a choice in the matter. . . OO so you're a masochist too? I'm mostly sadist but partially a masochist ^_^ It's fun ^_^ Yea my train doesn't stop there either so its kewl ^_^ lol. Thanks for reviewing, I was laughing so hard. ^_^

ArtificialWatermelonFlavoring: Okay where to start. . .lady bugs huh? *cocks eyebrow* Riiiight. . . But you know what the first most evil animal on the face of this planet is? And I'm not joking I really don't like them. . .PENGUINS! That's right you heard me! Penguins are evil! They are eviler then the damn squirrels! *gasps for breath* And ya know what I don't know watcha call it either but that was beautiful *tear* Oh god! I'm going to cry! *hides face* That was *sniff* so *sniff* sweet. Oh dear I'm tearing up again! I tried that Inuyasha laughing thing but it just didn't work out with what I had planned for later *cackles evilly* Oh you'll see, you'll ALL SEE!!! How bout we call the not-inn a Not-inn *shrugs* I used up all my creativity if you haven't noticed already ^_~ That was your MOTHER huh? Going to eat FOOD huh?!?!? Well that's the last time I tell YOU anything *huff* Soo anyway I was planning for the next chapter. . .lol, j/k ^_~

Kisamadesu: Yeah, Inuyasha can be an ass sometimes *sighs* and its only going to get worse in the next couple of chapters, that is if you haven't noticed already^_^

cool20

Yuu chan

Son Lila : Hehehe, Sesshie already knows Rin. But she will come back and visit VERY soon ^_^ *beams happily*

LoveAnime35: INUYASHA!!!!!!! *wails* no one knows! No one knows!!!

xiao-sakura

Lil Ole Me 97

Ryoko.Kilala

Bettychan

Kat : In the hands of the enemy is dead! WOULD YOU PEOPLE LET IT DIE!!! *wails* lol, j/k ^_^

ME : Lemons, that's still debatable. . .Not everyone wants me to make this fic have a lemon *sigh*

nicole

miss*shay : awww *curls hair around finger* your embarrassing me ^_~ lol.

Sashlea: LOL, I try. ^_^

Jade- inu

miss candace

jess

PhoenixIsis : lol, *blushes* Is the grin gone yet? Mine isn't? I had fun writing it and I'm going to have A LOT of fun writing the next chapter if ya know what I mean.

Chezzycake

Roxy

digital.EQUINOX: Wow, I find it hard to believe you read the WHOLE fic in one day! *blinks in awe* Wow. Your right about the description, I need to start using more of it, I just get so caught up in the plot. *sighs* I haven't completely developed as an author as of yet, but I am trying ^_^ I'm glad you like my fic and really happy that you took time out to write such a long and well worded as well as helpful review! Thank you again! ^_^

flawed-shell

tessa3

KYo=chan

Ryouya-Kyuuketsuki

Vixen Jinxie-chan

Amethyst Hanyou

leelee189

AnimeFreak: The main pairing is I/K, and I might leave the rest for sequels and what not. It should prove to be interesting.

PhantomLogic

NBKitty

Paragorgon

wackoramaco87: hehehe, yes I think its going to be a happy ending but it will be a little ROCKY before we get to it.

Ebonyangel

Anti Fluffy : anti fluffy as in AGAINST fluffy?? *whimpers and backs away slowly*

Mistress Fluffy :can you imagine shit hitting a fan, ewww what a mess that would be! It would get everywhere. . .-.- Sorry bout that.

Strawberrygirl

Farran

The Girl Who Cried Oro

Hellkeeper

Banana Flavored Eskimo

FireKitsune

Sora Moto : Hey now, there's no need to go around calling me short! Lol, jk ^_~ though I am . . .*sniffles* ^_^

Lil-Moe

DespitefulSaint: OO now I know who to call for sound effects!!

? : You have four thumbs? *cocks head to the side*

HieiandTouyaLover

Max

Foxshadow: Make it twenty and you've got a deal!

thunder-girl1: lol, that's what I'm saying! I really am going to change my penname to evil now. Maybe Evil kitten child or child of evil, something along those lines.

b16

Pia Bartolini: Ahh! Please! No more! ^_~

setsuna-3000

And that's the end of Kudos. Just so you know it took me the same amount of time to respond to the reviews as it took me to write it! 0.0 Thanks for all your support you guys! And

REVIEW!!

^_~