InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On The Sea ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 11:

Inuyasha's eyes narrowed into golden slits. The muscle in his jaw clenched as he glared down at Kagome.

"S-sir he don't mean it! He's just . . . a little woozy from his wound!" Shippo stuttered. He nearly shrank back in on himself when Inuyasha's gaze turned to him.

"Get him out of my sight before I do something that I might regret later." Inuyasha growled through clenched teeth, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides.

Shippo and Ginta pulled Kagome bellow deck before she could even respond.

"Hey lemme go! I aint afraid of him!" Kagome growled as she struggled in the two men's hold.

"Kage yer a fool, now stow yer gab afore he hears ye!" Shippo whispered frantically as he dragged her down to the infirmary.

They burst through the door, nearly scaring the wits out of Miroku who jumped in surprise and then had to hop around on one foot to keep the tray of glasses he was holding from falling.

"What the hell-" Miroku growled, his eyes narrowed. "I'll have you know that this is an infirmary and-"

"That's why were here! We want ye t' fix Kage's brain we think it's broken!" Shippo snapped, dropping his hold on her arm. If not for Ginta's support, Kagome would have fallen over.

"What are you talking about?" Miroku asked cocking an eyebrow at the glowering Kage and the flustered Shippo.

" `es bonkers! Completely off `is rocker!" Shippo said, throwing his hands up in the air.

"They took Sango! And he's got Rufus!" Kagome growled in protest, her cheeks flushed with anger as she started to stand shakily on her feet.

"They took Lady Sango!?" Miroku asked shocked.

"That don't mean ye go up to the cap'n o' a crew o' pirates and tell `im ye quit! Tis mutiny! And downright stupid if ye ask me!" Shippo all but yelled.

"Well no one asked ye in the first place!" Kagome yelled back.

"You did WHAT?" Miroku asked with a gasp, looking back and forth between Shippo and Kagome.

"Why would you do something like that!?" Miroku demanded.

Kagome shoved her chin up stubbornly. "Because that man is nothing but a common cut throat and murderer-and I'll not work for him." She said in a regal voice, the voice she used to use when she lived up at high hall.

Seeing Sango and Rufus had really opened something up inside of Kagome. She missed her home, her friends and even her family. She had to grow up-she couldn't go around parading as a boy forever, she HAD to go home.

She was unintentionally hurting her friends. She had seen the look in Sango's eyes when the girl found out that she was a part of a crew. She had seen the pain hidden in the depths of her eyes, and Sango did try to hide it. Kagome felt a painful tweak in her heart when she realized she was deceiving her closest friends into believing she was something that she was not. It had to end, here and now.

"So now just what is it that you plan to do?" Miroku asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Kagome paused, biting her lip. Miroku brought up a good question, if she returned to High Hall undoubtedly her mother and father would still make her marry Hojo. But she couldn't very well stay on the Sea Maiden. . .

"I believe I'm goin' t' go home. . .I cant be a boy forever. . ." Kagome sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. She watched as the tendrils fell from between her fingers almost dispassionately. Her raven locks came just below her ear now; to her jaw- it still had that familiar silky softness to it, even though it was filthy.

Kagome's birthday was coming up, she'd be seventeen soon and it was time to let go of her new crazy life and pursue a different route, a different lifestyle. Like settling down and starting a family. Kagome cringed at the thought; she just wasn't the domestic house wife let alone the wife of a Lord. Kagome shook her head at the thought, banishing it. She had had the adventure she had so fervently wished for. Now it was time for her to go home.

"Well of course Kage, everyone grows up. I'd say your well on your way to becoming a man. But that doesn't explain you wanting to-"

"You don't understand!" Kagome snapped, rubbing her temples.

"Ginta, would you please check on Sango for me- I would owe you one." Kagome asked, her eyes meeting his with a pleading gaze. She needed to tell them-she had to; it was the right thing to do. But it didn't make it any easier to say.

Ginta nodded. "Don't worry about it, I already owe you and your friends my life . . . I'll be back in a moment." He said with a smile before he turned around and jogged away.

Kagome let out a sigh and closed the door behind him, pressing her forehead against the coarse wood. Turning around slowly she was met with the concerned faces of her friends. Miroku took a hesitant step forward.

"Kage are you feeling alright? Maybe you lost a little too much blood. . ."

"No I'm fine. I just. . ."

Miroku and Shippo just stared curiously at her.

Kagome took in a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"I haven't been completely honest with you. . ." Kagome trailed off.

"What? Do you mean `bout being a noble and all??" Shippo asked curiously.

Kagome's eyes snapped open and she visibly paled. Was it possible that they had known all along?

"How . . .?"

"Well it's just that not many common lads go around talkin' like a noble `n all- which ye do sometimes."

"And ye have that big pouch of crowns. Shippo and I had to all but break ______ `s fingers to keep him from stealing it." Miroku added.

Kagome shook her head in disbelief, her friends had known all along that she was a noble, and they hadn't been bothered by it. There really was no reason to be any way, more and more young noble men were becoming sailors. It wasn't that uncommon. Yet they didn't know that she was a girl. . .

"That's true, I-I do come from noble blood. . . "Kagome trailed off again, pausing slightly to search her mind for the right words.

"But there's still something else that you should know about me."

Miroku leaned back interested; his blue brown eyes stared directly at Kagome with hid undivided attention. Shippo cocked his head to the side, his large green eyes searching hers. Unblinking. Their stared were starting to make her sweat.

Kagome clasped her hands behind her back and let out a big whoosh of air before continuing. Her heart was thudding painfully in her chest; if she wasn't clasping her hands together they would be shaking. `Oh why does this have to be so hard?'

"I'm a girl. . . ."

Miroku just stared blankly at her, shock started to filter through his usual calm blue eyes. Shippo reeled backwards as if he had been slapped, shock written clearly on his face.

"Wha- That's not funny Kage!" Shippo growled loudly, his cheeks flushed in anger and shock.

"My name isn't Kage. . ." Kagome said softly.

"B-But you can't be a girl! I mean, you don't have any, well you know!!" Shippo said motioning towards his chest.

Kagome looked up, a blush staining her cheeks.

"I, um, tie them down." She murmured, the blush now spread across her face.

Shippo shook his head and took a step backwards. With a frustrated grunt he turned on his heel and stormed over to the other side of the room.

"I can't believe this!" he said running his hand through his thick wild orange hair.

Kagome turned her eyes to the floor- she knew this was hard for them to accept, but it was hard for her too. They were best friends after all- and it pained her to think that she had hurt her friends.

"I had my suspicions . . ." Miroku trailed off.

Kagome looked up at Miroku to see him rubbing his chin thoughtfully while staring at her, as if he was seeing her for the first time.

He took a hesitant step forwards, his hand dropping to his side. A curious, almost far away look spread across his face as took bolder steps towards her.

He stopped, not even two feet away from her and peered down at her with a strange look in his eyes. Hesitantly he reached his hand out and brushed away a tendril of her hair that had fallen into her eyes. His hand cupped her cheek and turned her face upwards so that he could look into her brown depths as his calloused thumb gently caressed her cheek.

"How could I not have seen it?" Miroku whispered softly.

Slowly he withdrew his hand and took a step backwards, shaking his head and chuckling softly.

Shippo turned to him "What's so funny?"

"It's hard to imagine a girl sneaking on a ship of men and passing as a boy for nearly a year without anyone ever knowing. A year ago I would have said it was impossible. . ."Miroku said shaking his head with a wry smile on his face.

"But I guess Kage here proved me wrong. . ." Miroku said, still smiling.

"Yeah well it wasn't easy, at all" Kagome said with a sigh.

Shippo just grunted, turning his away from her.

"Shippo you know if I could have told you I would have. . ." Kagome said softly, her eyes reflecting the hurt she felt at his actions. She was still Kage; did it really matter to him whether she was a girl or a boy?

Shippo turned slowly towards Kagome, his intense green eyes studying her for long moments before he let out a sigh.

"So what'll I be callin' ye now?"

Kagome smiled, her heart soared as she looked at two of her closest friends and realized just how great they were. "You still have to call me Kage. . . no one other then Sango knows I'm a girl."

"She's not your cousin is she?" Miroku asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Kagome smiled sheepishly. "Um, no she's my best friend. I left Rufus with her when I uh, left home." Kagome said with a blush. "She's probably just about ready to kill me right now. . ."

"So she isn't a stable hand either, ne?" Miroku sighed, rubbing his temples.

A nervous chuckle escaped her throat. "Uh-No, she actually owns the stables and the horses in them. . . "

Shippo and Miroku's eyes widened "She's a noble too!?"

Kagome nodded her head.

"Just WHO are you?" Shippo asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"My name is Kagome, Kagome Higarashi."

Miroku all but fell over as Shippo merely gaped at her in stunned silence.

"Higarashi!!?" Miroku and Shippo yelled simultaneously.

"Shh! be quiet!" Kagome hushed, waving her hands frantically as she looked over her shoulder, as if she was expecting someone to burst through the door at any second.

"What's the big deal anyway . . .?" Kagome mumbled, turning her attention back towards her two friends.

"The Higarashi family us only one of THE most affluent families . . . IN THE WORLD!" Miroku gushed, still staring at Kagome in disbelief.

"Do you have any idea how much your worth!?" Shipp asked, disbelievingly.

"Well I never really thought about-"

"Or better yet, do you have any idea how much trouble you will be in if Inuyasha finds out?" Miroku prodded, his blue eyes taking on their usual serious calm.

"He won't find out because no one is going to tell him." Kagome said lowly, glancing from Miroku to Shippo.

"I aint goin ter tell him, `ell prolly kill me" Shippo chuckled shaking his head. Kagome turned her eyes to Miroku who just shook his head solemnly.

"You're secrets are safe with me, Kage." He smiled softly at the familiar name that now held so much more . . . meaning.

Kagome heaved a sigh of relief and smile gratefully at both of them.

"Thanks guys."

A loud knock on the door sent them all nearly jumping out of their skin.

The door burst open to reveal a glowering Inuyasha standing in the doorway. His well muscled arms were crossed stubbornly across his chest. His golden eyes were flashing as he glanced around the room.

"Boy." He growled out lowlym his body rigid with his anger, making Kagome want to run and hide. But she stood her ground and stared levelly at him.

"A-Aye." Kagome's voice betrayed her fear.

"Get over here now." Inuyasha ground out- the muscles under his shirt rippling with tension.

Kagome didn't even hesitate as she walked calmly and confidently toward Inuyasha. She may hate him, despise him even- but for some weird reason she trusted him. Heck she even trusted him with her life- which was strange enough in itself.

Kagome stopped about an arm reach away from Inuyasha.

Inuyasha's arm shot out and fisted in her shirt, pulling her to him. His golden eyes narrowed as he pulled her upwards so that their noses almost touched. Kagome felt his heated breath on her face as she dangled in his hold, her toes barely supporting her.

"Your COUSIN practically set fire to my ship, knocked out three of my men and is holding her own in Ayame's quarters."

Kagome winced at the anger in his words. But she didn't see how that had anything to do with her; it was him, after all, who had decided on kidnapping Sango in the first place. And if it was one thing that Sango didn't like it was being the helpless maiden.

"And" he bit out "She refuses to relent until we let her speak to `Kagome' -now tell me boy, who the hell is that!"

Kagome swallowed the huge lump in her throat.

"I-I don't know sir." Kagome whispered, trying to push herself away from Inuyasha- but he was so much stronger then her. Inuyasha growled furiously and dropped Kagome on the floor, making her fall to the ground with a painful thud. A bolt of white hot pain laced up her back and into her arm and Kagome let out an involuntary cry of pain.

Inuyasha looked down at her, as if shocked. His golden eyes widened-it was as if he hadnt realized that Kagome was hurt from the fight before- or rather that she COULD get hurt.

Kagome bit her lip as she clutched her wounded arm to herself. It had been numb before but that jolt had sent a painful streak riding through her.

Inuyasha took a step forward, as if to help. But Kagome immediately scuttled backwards on the floor, sending pain shooting through her entire arm. She jumped quickly to her feet to stand beside Miroku.

"If you want sir . . . I can talk to her." Kagome said quietly. God it felt like fire and ice was lacing up and down her arm.

"Kage I-"Inuyasha trailed off as he stepped towards her.

Before he could reach her Shippo stepped forward, efficiently blocking Kagome from Inuyasha,

"Cap'n, after Miroku patched `is arm up we'll bring `im right up t' talk to Sango." Shippo said calmly-his green eyes staring determinedly into Inuyasha's own.

With one glance at Kage Inuyasha let out a "Keh" and stormed out of the room without a backward glance.

Kagome gritted her teeth as Miroku finished bandaging her wound.

"That's a nasty cut there Kage, your lucky it want too deep or you'd be getting stitches. And remember to come down her once every day so we can put that balm on it so it won't get infected."

"Oh Aye. . ." Kagome mumbled as she slid off the counter and onto the floor. With a sigh she all but jogged across the room, ignoring the pain that remained in her arm with every move she made.

"Hey Ka-Kage, wait up!" Shippo shouted as trotted up along side his friend.

"Would you slow down!" Miroku shouted from behind them.

"If I delay any longer I shudder to think what Sango will do to those poor guys if given the chance." Kagome said as she turned down the hall of the ship towards Ayame's quarters.

She heard the sounds of the fight before she actually saw it. There was the sound of splintering wood, yowls of pain coming from the men, more thuds followed by a triumphant yell coming from Sango. (The girl can really kick ass^_~)

"Oh great" Kagome muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Sango! Sango stop it right now!" Kagome shouted as she rounded the corner. What she saw there left her stunned. Men lay strewn across the floor; some running sore heads arms and some were doubled over in pain, clutching their lower stomachs. Kagome couldn't help the small smile that filtered across her lips. `Yup, most definitely Sango's handy work.'

Inuyasha came into the room after Kagome- she could feel the heat radiating odd his body as he let out a low growl.

Kagome tensed visibly and looked at the infuriated Sango with pleading eyes.

"Please Sango, just calm down. I can explain this . . . we can talk about this-"

"There's nothing to talk about! You . . . You. . . Argh! I will NOT be kidnapped!" Sango growled, getting into a defensive position.

Kagome felt the sweat that started to bead on her forehead.

"Sango we are reaching Port Nadunk in a week-when we dock you can go home with . . . me. . ." Kagome said softly.

Sango's eyes widened and her fists dropped to her sides.

"You're going home? What about Hojo? Your mother-"

"Sango! We can talk about this later!" Kagome said through gritted teeth, casting her friend a warning look.

Sango sighed and rubbed her temples. "You owe me . . . Kage, you really do." She muttered.

"Okay, I give up; throw me in your jail thing now." Sango sighed, crossing her arms over her chest and rolling her eyes.

Kagome shook her head. Sango was REALLY going to piss Inuyasha off and then they'd ALL be in trouble. Kagome turned to see Inuyasha clenching his fists-his knuckles were white. `Not a good sign.'

"I don't think so girl." Inuyasha growled. "Everyone on this ship does there part to earn their passage, everyone including you."

Sango ducked her head and nodded softly, but Kagome saw the secret grin she was hiding, this was the exact reaction Sango had been hoping for. Kagome had to give it to her, the girl was clever.

"Okay then." Sango sighed, her eyes twinkling with an emotion that only Kagome and a handful of other people could recognize as delight. Kagome shook her head with a wry smile on her face; it was always Sango's eyes that gave her away.

"Fine, then till we dock you will be helping Kage with his duties and you'll both be getting punishment work." Inuyasha said lowly.

Kagome opened her mouth to protest- she had an injured arm, how in the heck was she going to do punishment work let ALONE her regular duties. But she closed her mouth. She only had one more week left; she wouldn't ruin the image she had worked so hard to attain. Kage, the good guy, the hard worker, good friend-doesn't complain. Nope she wouldn't ruin it when she only had one week left.

And Kagome could tell that this week was going to be a long one. . .

INTERMISSION~~~~ (Get up, get a cup of coffee . . . its going to be a while ^_~)

Sweat plastered Kagome's shirt to her chest. Beads of sweat trickled down her face and back as her sweat covered hands tried to find purchase on the rigging. Kagome blinked the sweat from her eyes as she stared up into the hot glaring sun that beat down mercilessly on the Sea Maiden and her crew. She licked her chapped lips as she pulled herself up again, tinges of pain shot up through her arm, but only enough to be annoying. She was on watch duty, one of her punishment duties. It seemed like hours late before Kagome reached the crows nest. Her sweat slicked fingers grabbed the lip of the hard wood and pulled herself into the bucket.

Kagome landed on the bottom with a hard thump, taking a huge gulping breath of air before letting out a weary sigh. Watch duty was probably going to be the easiest chore she had to do yet. For the past two days she had been slaving away; scrubbing decks, cleaning pots, sewing, climbing, carrying messages and doing just about everything. And she ached, oh how she ached- Kage, the hardened sailor hurt and wanted nothing more then to go home.

She let a soft smile grace her lips at the thought of home. She couldn't wait to see Rin again and tell her of her adventures, she couldn't wait to talk to her other friends again.

Kagome ignored the nausea that was rising up within her. She felt every single rock and toss the ship made. That's why Kagome didn't particularly like watch duty. Yeah, the view was great but the motions and the sea sickness that came with it was what made Kagome cringe at the prospect of having it. The crow's nest was the place that you could feel the ship's movement the most. The constant side to side movement was already grating on her frazzled nerves. Kagome let out a sigh as she scanned the horizon, the wind whipped around her face, cooling her heated skin. From up here the ocean was truly beautiful.

She would miss the ocean.

Sango slumped down next to Kagome. They were sitting in the storage room, behind two barrels of rags. The room was dark and damp and it felt good on the girls' sun burnt skin. Kagome rolled her head to the side to stare at her friend. She looked as exhausted as Kagome felt. Sango was covered in sweat; her once nice cotton shirt was torn at the sleeves making it into a tank top. Her once lively brown eyes were now drooping with exhaustion and her cheeks were bright pink from all the exercise she had gotten that afternoon.

"Hey" Kagome smiled lazily "This is MY hiding spot."

Sango snorted, "Not anymore, do you know how long I have been looking for you? Long enough to run into Kouga who OF COURSE sent me on more errands . . . jerk. . ." Sango mumbled.

Kagome couldn't help but laugh at her friend's plight, and to think, she had brought it all on herself.

"I never thought that it was going to be this hard." Sango sighed, turning her head to look at Kagome.

Kagome smirked wryly "You shouldn't have pissed him off."

Sango let out a laugh and shook her head. "I wouldn't talk, I heard that you told him that you were going to quit because of me and Rufus. . .Smooth Kage, real smooth."

Sango had started to make it a habit of calling her Kage. Which, Kagome guessed, was a good thing because if she went around calling her Kagome, well that just might bring up questions. Though Kagome had a feeling that even after this was over, Kage was going to be her nick name on and OFF the ship.

"Yeah, well I am." Kagome grumbled, flexing the sore muscles in her legs with a wince. She would give anything to beat Inuyasha senseless right now. . .

"Yeah, well that must have really pissed him off- I mean the guys around her tell me you are one of the "loyal" ones. They say that half of Inuyasha's crew would turn on him on a dime. Miroku said he was surprised that you didn't meet the ropes end for that one."

Kagome hadn't thought about it like that before, that would explain why Inuyasha seemed to be avoiding her.

Kagome smiled suddenly, giving Sango a sly smile as she stared at her from the corner of her eye. "I noticed that you and Miroku have been spending a lot of time together recently. . ."

Sango turned bright red and stuttered an inaudible reply- causing Kagome's smile to turn into a full out grin.

"That's so cute Sango! You have a crush on Miroku! Kagome squealed.

"I do not! That man is such a pervert! You know he actually groped me the other day!?"

Kagome chuckled and shook her head, Sango could deny it all she wanted to, but Kagome could tell Sango had something for Miroku. She could see it in her eyes.

"Cabin boy!!" Came a gruff shout from outside. Kagome groaned as she stretched her legs out one last time before jumping to her feet.

"I'll see ya around Sango. Try t' stay outta trouble."

Sango smiled at her friend. "Ha! Look who's talking!" she countered as Kagome walked out of the storage room door and into the sweltering hot sun.

(A/n: getting bored yet???)

Kagome stood at attention in front of Kouga who was glaring down at her. He had been a lot more loud and mean as the hot lingering days wore on. His royal blue eyes flashed with annoyance as a bead of sweat trickled down the side of his face.

"Oi, Cabin boy- weren't you supposed to go down and help Ayame in the galley? The wench has been harping in my ear all day." Kouga growled.

Kagome winced- she had completely forgotten about galley duty. With all her other morning chores Kagome was too exhausted to walk, let alone think.

"I'm sorry sir, I-I completely forgot." Kagome mumbled distractedly as she idly rubbed her aching arm. The muscles in it were tight and stiff- she needed to re-wrap the bandages and apply more of Miroku's ointment, she had reopened her wound hoisting the sail this morning.

Kouga sighed and rolled his eyes. "Well then boy, I suggest ye get yer worthless hide down there and help t' woman before she had a heart attack."

"Aye sir!" Kagome said, turning smartly on her heel to walk away.

"And boy . . ."

Kagome to see Kouga staring at her "Aye sir?"

"Get that wound wrapped up tight." He said, his blue eyes flickering with concern before he turned away.

Kagome stared in stunned silence, slowly a smile spread across her face as she jogged down to the galley.

"Now where have you been!" Ayame shouted over the ruckus in the kitchen.

Pots were banging, hot thick smoke and steam rose in the air, eliciting a choked cough from Kagome. Orders were being shouted back and forth-as were growls and curses.

"I, uh, forgot?" Kagome said sheepishly as she peered into the thick smoke, trying to see Ayame.

She heard a deep sigh, a muffled curse and the clang of metal as Ayame stepped out of the smoke towards Kagome.

"Look kid, I'm running late- no thanks to you- and usually I would do this myself but I just don't have the time." Ayame said, thrusting a covered silver platter into Kagome's hands.

Kagome stared at the shiny silver platter in her hands dumbly.

"Uh. . ."

Ayame rolled her eyes and pushed Kagome out the door.

"Bring that food up t' Captain Sesshoumaru- `is lunch was due over an hour ago." Ayame said giving Kagome one last shove out of the doorway and into the hallway, the swinging door all but hitting her on the way out.

Kagome bit her lip as she walked briskly towards where they kept Captain Sesshoumaru. She hadn't seen or talked to him for a while now- and this may be her last chance to get to talk to him alone before they docked. This was her only chance . . . to tell him the truth.

Kagome stopped at Sesshoumaru's door. Tow rough looking pirates that Kagome had seen only a handful of times stood guard at the doorway, one hand on the hilt of their sabers as they bantered back and forth.

One of the guards turned to her, his dark brown eyes sparkling with humor as he stared down at her,

"Yer a wee bit late, aren't ye lad?"

"Aye, and where be the pretty lass who usually be bringing the food? She be a sight fer sore eyes." The other pirate chuckled.

Kagome smiled faintly as she shifted her weight from one foot to another. The tray was heavy and was stressing her already sore arm.

"They're running late down in t' galley. Ayame was busy so she sent me up."

The pirates nodded their heads and chuckled and let her pass.

"Lad, ye might want t' knock first, he gets a wee bit test when ye don't."

Kagome nodded her head and using her good hand, balanced the tray while knocking on the door with her other, causing a twinge of pain to shoot up her arm.

"Come in." Captain Sesshoumaru's deep baritone voice called out from the other side of the door. Kagome pushed the door open and walked into the room.

The room was large and dark. To the left was the bed, neatly made, where Sesshoumaru would sleep. It was covered in rich black silk. Tapestries and maps covered the walls and plush oriental carpets decorated the floor. `What kind of cell is this?' Kagome idly wondered as she looked around. In the center of the room was a cherry wood desk, covered with maps and papers. Two black chairs sat in front of the desk, both currently vacated. To the right was a table with three chairs, which, Kagome assumed, was where Sesshoumaru sat to eat his meals. Sesshoumaru was currently sitting at his desk, quill pen in hand as she scribbled furiously at a piece of parchment. He looked as he always did, long silver hair pulled back away from his face, in a low ponytail. His golden eyes focused solely on the paper before him, his face calm and blank as always.

"Your late." He said in a monotone voice.

Kagome smiled. "Sorry Cap'n"

Sesshoumaru's golden eyes snapped up and he sat up slowly in his chair, pushing it away from the desk before rising to his feet. Cocking an elegant eyebrow he said in a slightly amused voice:

"And to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Kagome felt a small smile tug on her lips.

"Ayame's busy down in the galley sir, so she sent me up instead."

Sesshoumaru nodded and motioned toward the table in the far right corner.

"You may put it there."

Kagome complied and walked briskly over to the table placing the tray down carefully. She let out a sigh of relief as the extra weight was taken off her arm.

"It's about time you got here, he's been whining like a baby for the past hour." A lazy voice drawled from behind her.

Kagome turned around wide eyes to see Inuyasha lying sprawled out on a red plush sofa. One leg was up on the arm rest while the other hung off the side. His arm was thrown casually over his head, cradling it as the other scratched idly at a familiar fuzzy brow head that rested on his thigh.

Kagome felt an odd twinge of emotion rise up at seeing Inuyasha and Rufus together- was it anger? Jealously? Kagome didn't know but whatever it was it caused her hands to curl into fists and her jaw to clench.

"Sorry sir." She mumbled, her eyes downcast to hide the emotions that she knew were showing in them. She turned away from Inuyasha and to Sesshoumaru.

"If that'll be all. . . "Kagome mumbled. She just wanted to get out of the room. Inuyasha had foiled her plans at telling the captain the truth, now she may never get a chance. And to make matters worse he was all but rubbing Rufus's new loyalty to him in her face. `That traitorous mutt.' And then there was the fact that he was the one who was issuing her all this punishment work so it was his fault she was late in the first place.

Sesshoumaru cocked an eyebrow at the seething Kagome. A small wuff sound came from her right and Kagome turned to see Rufus bounding toward her. Kagome's eyes widened and she put up her hands as if to ward him off.

"Rufus! No!" Kagome gasped, taking a step backward. But it was too late; Rufus's warm furry body soon collided with her own, sending Kagome to the ground, her shoulder hitting the floor with a painful thud.

A raw scream was torn from her throat as burning white hot pain rolled through her abused shoulder, causing her back to bow outwards with the pain. Tears leaked from her eyes and she shut them tight, trying to stop the unwanted flow. It felt like someone took a hold of her wound and was ripping the skin apart with hot tongs.

When Kagome opened her eyes white spots danced in her vision and she looked up to see two concerned faces staring down at her- Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's.

Kagome swallowed painfully and made as if to sit up but was stopped by Inuyasha's gentle hand on her good shoulder, forcing her back down.

"Don't even think about it. Just lay still until we get the damn monk up here."

Kagome shook her head, the tears still drying on her face and the pain in her arm a constant burning sensation. Her brain felt kind of fuzzy, and she felt . . . strange.

"N-No I'm fine I'll just-"

"Stay still you stubborn idiot." Inuyasha growled applying more pressure to her unwounded shoulder to keep her in place.

Kagome looked up to see Inuyasha staring sternly down at her, his eyes full of concern.

She cocked her head to the side and a small smile of wonder spread across her face. "Pretty golden eyes . . . so sparkly. . ."Kagome giggled softly.

Inuyasha's eyes widened. "He's delirious-Sesshoumaru tell the guards to get Miroku." Inuyasha commanded hotly.

Sesshoumaru simply stared down at his younger brother.

Inuyasha rolled his eyes and let a soft curse fall from his lips.

"Please." He growled.

Sesshoumaru smirked before walking to the doorway and walking outside.

Kagome stared up at the ceiling, her world was spinning-the pain in her arm made her head foggy and unclear. She almost didn't even notice the insistent tugging at her shirt as it was being peeled off her slowly. . . Almost.

Kagome sat up quickly and rolled to the side, pain radiating through her arm. Inuyasha had gotten her shirt up to her stomach- she had caught him right before he had reached her bindings.

"What do you think your doing?" Kagome eeped, pulling her shirt down. The pain in her arm flared as her blood flowed faster in her veins.

Inuyasha stared sternly at her "I NEED to get that shirt off to check you wound moron. Now get over here." He growled as he reached a hand out beckoning her toward him.

"N-No!" Kagome said, her eyes darting around the room that seemed to be getting smaller and smaller.

Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow as he got to his feet. There was a curious expression on his face as he stared down at her.

"Today was a hot day Kage, `otter then hell, yet you didn't take your shirt off like the other men-did you?" Inuyasha drawled out slowly as he circled around her, the wheels in his brain turning.

Kagome swallowed the nervous bubble in her throat as she watched Inuyasha stalk around her- his muscles rippling under his shirt as he circled her. Kagome's heart beat faster in her chest. `This is NOT good!'

"Now that I think about it- I've never seen you with your shirt off-"Inuyasha said as he got closer to her, his pant leg brushing against her arm, sending shivers up her spine. Kagome opened her mouth to explain-to say anything, but nothing came out. For once she was at a loss for words and could only stare up at him- eyes wide with apprehension as he suddenly stopped in front of her.

His golden eyes narrowed as he got down on his haunches so that he could stare at her eye to eye. His face, usually open as a book, was now closed to her. His eyes held that familiar cold of Sesshoumaru's.

"Now what ate you hiding, Kage?" he asked, his voice deathly soft and holding an unspoken threat.

Kagome's brown eyes were frozen in fear- she couldn't even blink- her heart skipped a beat and her lungs started to burn from lack of oxygen. Inuyasha leaned closer, his golden eyes narrowing into nothing more then slits.

"What's your secret?" he growled softly. Kagome felt his warm breath fan against her face- snapping her out of her stupor.

All of a sudden Kagome felt a fiery anger rise up within her. Who did this man think he was? He was the one who had put her through so much hell this week yet he had the guts to question HER when HE was the pirate. He was the one who couldn't be trusted. Her eyes narrowed and a soft growl escaped her lips. Kagome was angry, angry at Inuyasha for interrogating her and angry at herself for being so scared.

With all the strength she could muster she shoved Inuyasha backwards, away from her. Inuyasha's eyes widened in shock, he wasn't expecting Kagome to hit him.

Without thinking Inuyasha grabbed the same wrist that had pushed him, bringing Kagome down with him.

The breath was knocked from his body as his back hit the floor and Kagome landed fully on top of him. Her head hitting his shoulder and her legs falling on either side of his.

With her pressed so intimately against him, there was nothing she could hide, not even the slight bulge on her chest.

Inuyasha's eyes flew open wide in realization and before Kagome could roll off of him he pinned her to him, pressing her hips flat against his.

"You're a . . . girl!" he said disbelievingly.

Kagome stared at up at Inuyasha in wide eyed horror.

A deep cough caught their attention and both turned to see Sesshoumaru standing in the doorway, a small smirk on his face.

"I see you have met Kagome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Ok, that was one of the longest chapters I have ever written. Sorry it took me so long to update but there were parties, weddings, and little cousin's birthdays and I was grounded from the computer for about a week to boot! *sighs* Don't ask. . .just don't. . .

So I left you with a truly EVIL cliff hanger, and I think that I am just going to sit back for about a month and watch with an evil glint in my eyes ^_^ Naw, you know I'm just playing!! ^_^

Thank you everyone who reviewed, you have no idea how much your reviews helped me to write this chapter, I did my little happy dance when I realized that I got like 50 reviews total! WOHOO!! *still doing happy dance*

Sorry if you feel this chapter was rushed, because that's the way I feel too, I just don't now how to fix it *sigh* Well then, onto the Kudos!

KUDOS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeHimeko : That's a good question. . .I don't know if I'm going to throw a lemon in here, someone told me that it might take away from the story. . .I'm still undecided about that ^_^

emlillaa

xiao-sakura

PhoenixIsis :OOO don't make me blush ^_^ Hehehe. Thank you, it did take me a while to research ships and what not but I think I still need improvement with the details, lol. I'm glad you like my fic!!

Ebonystone63: You know I had a cat once. . .it died, now I'm sad *tear* ^_~

Mav1 : lol, I can relate to you on so many levels its scary. I don't know if you can tell but I just love making evil cliff hangers *grins evilly* lol, its fun. ^_^

Sakura

Zing

Kat

acidic green : Ha! And where's the fun in that? ^_~ No but seriously, if I could I would update everyday, but I have school and I work so I don't always get time to write in my notebook (I write everything in a notebook before I type it) that's why I don't update all the time, THEN there's the fact that I get grounded so much *tear* I'm not a bad person! I just do bad things! IS THAT SO WRONG *sobs* lol, ^_~

Kat

ArtificialWatermelonFlavoring : Have I ever told you how much I love your reviews? Because really, I do! They are so long! Hehehe ^_^ *does happy dance* LOL, you know what though, I never thought about it like that, I don't think Rufus is a hunting dog though. . .LOL, maybe Shippo got bit by a dog or something when he was a kid, but I am secretly plotting something, you must tell NO ONE!! ^_^ It has something to do with Shippo's fear of Doggies. Yea, Sesshoumaru hasn't gotten much action lately, and the strange thing is he's my fav. Character. . .God he's so hot *drools* @_@ Inuyasha in the Inn huh? Well maybe he just wanted. . .a cleaner place. And remember the Inn was empty except for them so. . .HEY IT WASN'T EVEN AN INN!! ^_^ Your birthday is in ten days huh, well you must be excited, I dunno if I can pound out another chapter in ten days but the next one, I PROMISE you is going t' be dedicated to you. ^_^ I love embarrassing people. I'm a December baby, the 17th to be exact ^_^ Thanks for your review again and remember. . . Watch out for the squirrels!

Chelsea Deanne :I'm glad you like it ^_^ No I haven't read the book but it's the second time I have been asked, now I'm REALLY going to have to check it out.

monkeysme

aya-kindoku : lol, *blushes* thankyou! ^_^ I hope you didn't umm "freak out" its been a while ne?

Pyroe : lol, I is glad you be likin me story (Randomness) Ok, lol, Inuyasha and Kagome will EVENTUALLY fall for eachother, and I stress the word cause truthfully I have no idea how long its going to take. . .*whimpers*

Hellkeeper

Cola : Did I write enough for you? Was it to hard for you to swallow HUH COLA!? HUH! .lol. I'm just playing, you know you're my favorite kind of beverage. . .Coke-a-Cola, got to love it. . .though it can get the rust of screws. . .*goes into her own strange scary world*

lil-fluffy-foxgirl-07 : I bet you're gonna hate me more now huh? Lol

Silvershark : lol, boats are fun, my uncle has one. . .or two. . .I don't remember ^_^ But every time I go on one theres a storm or something *sobs* Hehehe ^_^

animechickie

ispazn

thunder-girl1 : Holy hell. . . you know I never really thought of hell as holy, but I guess for some people it is *shrugs* lol ^_^ Yes, I know I'm evil

Banana Flavored Eskimo I DID! I DID! I DID! *grins* Love the penname by the way.

Kyandoru: lol, I love reviews like yours, I definitely laughed when I read it ^_^

black shadow fox

sashlea : lol, yea, you could say that, although I think the mouth belongs to me. . .I get in moods when I write and sometimes make the characters more like me then I mean to but hey, this is rated R right? I have to have a reason for it ^_^

ForgottenWonder : lol, oOo I love that dog too! Nana was her name wasn't it! With the bonnet on its head! *sigh* those were the good old days. . .Yea, Johnny Depp is totally hot. You wanna share? Lol, just playing, he's all yours ^_~

al-khidr lover

XoXkikyo~a~bichOxO : I totally agree with your penname *nods head*

Mistress Fluffy

bonessasan : *sigh* and I try so hard!lol No now she just has to wait a week before she can quit, cause then Sesshoumaru and his crew get to go FREE. . .But with this new turn I don't know if Inuyasha will let her go. . .

LilNezumi LilInu

NBKitty

Jessi Lynn: Yea. . .Well they all know now, don't they? Lol, I felt like I rushed it. . .Oh well, maybe I'll rewrite it in a year or something, lol. ^_^ Glad you like the story and I hope I didn't kill ya! ^_^

Kisamadesu : Calls to corner of your bedroom "YOU CAN COME OUT NOW! I UPDATED!!" lol, glad you like it, and I tried to make the fight scene good! ^_^ Thanks for your feedback *tear* it means so much to me *sniffle*

Anandria: hehehe yea, Kagome was having a blonde moment there wasn't she? ^_^ Silly silly child, any-who thanks for reading the chappie and thankya for reviewing!!!

pink twilight : *cough* you know I have never encountered someone who hates a M/S pairing, you would be my first, lol. *wince* But. . .I hate to disappoint you but I think MAYBE that they are going to get together in this fic. Don't hate! lol, I hope you still like the fic! I mean, it IS mostly I/K oriented. . .or will be. . .*sighs*

flare2

cool20

Kaguya

LtlSwimmerGurl

The Girl Who Cried Oro

miss*shay : OOO a first time reviewer! I feel so special *does weird, scary looking happy dance* Thanks for reviewing my story and I'm glad you like it!

Darkshivaange : You know that's a good question. . .I suppose Kikyo got married and her parents got real worried or real pissed at her but we wont find out till late what really happened when she left ( later being when I can think up something good ^_~)

Lastly : *blushes* you people spoil me, come on now really *turns redder*

kaekoe

KALTH1389

Lord Sesshomaru

Vixen Jinxie-chan

Gabriella

Sprout : wearing rain slicker, "Hmm I don't think I needed it, now why do I have this on again?" lol. Yeah, Kage has got awesome friends. . .I don't think they are very realistic but their great!

Max: *cowers in fear* Please put the bat away, I updated I UPDATED! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOO!!!!!! *is covered in bruises* lol, jk. ^_^ And yes, I am afflicted with Cliffhanger syndrome. . .*sighs* the doctor says I should be over it in about a week to the rest of my life. . .

Son Lila: lol, guys don't really touch eachother's chests that much, but yea I can see where your coming from. AS a matter of fact it was your review that inspired that ending, thanks! ^_^

bluefuzzyelf: *runs madly toward you carrying a strainer* DUDE I GOT IT!! Is plastic okay??

(-.-) lol. We is going to get us some hotties! OO yeah! Dude, I hope your calculations are correct cuz I would HATE to end up in a place that has no hot guy whatsoever. *tear* OO the pain!

Ebonyangel

FireKitsune

tessa3: *gapes openly* You mean to tell me you have never seen pirates of the carribean!?! OMG THAT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER! *drools* Any way, that was the first time I have heard about a Mexican saying Aye and holmes in the same sentence, lol, maybe someone who's British but. . . lol. I wish I lived in Florida but nooo I get stuck in Connecticut. Now tell me, how is that fair!? *wails* lol, I envy you, I love the water, its so beautiful. . .Now I really envy you!

Ryouya-Kyuuketsuki : Finally someone who understands me!

HieiandTouyaLover: OO I know! Kouga is totally hot!! I wrote a K/K fic once- well actually I'm still in the middle of writing it, its called "Don't Cry" but I haven't updated it for ages. . . I'm actually getting death threats, lol! That would have been interesting. . . WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE!!! Sheesh, its too late to change it now, I have everything all set up! *sobs* I'll be ok. . .really. . .

Pia Bartolini: lol, I do try, I most certainly do!

Okay and that does it for kudos! lol. Thank you everyone who reviewed, it was appreciated!!!

OO and by the way, REVIEW! It took me FOREVER to write this!!! Lol.