InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Time ❯ Dark Interlude ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: No, they’re not mine. Damn.

A/N: Yes, I know it’s VERY short, but I wanted to keep this part pretty much self-contained. I’ll be adding another as soon as this one is up.

  5. Dark Interlude  

The silent figure walked slowly through the darkness. Looking at the several vaguely eellike creatures that followed her to attend to her needs, she thought idly that she was the only one in the entire land unafraid to be out in the night with such companions.

Of course, that was a simple thing to explain. She no longer experienced fear, or joy, or hope, or love. The only emotion left to her from her previous existence was a fierce hatred that was now her sole motivation.

The permanent vague sadness on her features cleared briefly as she considered her plans. Those two fools were really so predictable! Her manipulations would soon bear fruit, and both Naraku and Inuyasha would pay with their lives for daring to pollute the power and purity of a miko’s heart with their love.

Only then, free of all connection with her past life, would Kikyou finally be able to return to oblivion.