InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Time ❯ It's All About Us ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey guys Rane here. As I said in the last chapter, this is going to be the end if I don't get at least one review. It's only nice.
 
Chapter Four “It's All About Us”
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
Kagome woke at the bottom of the well, and by the smell and sound of things, she was back in her own time. Groaning she got to her feet, what had happened? She looked around and noticed the finished jewel shard on the ground, still glowing slightly. The jewel had sent her back to her own time, tears welled in her eyes, she knew what this meant, she wouldn't be able to go back to the Feudal Era, she couldn't get back to Sesshomaru!
Sinking back to her knees she let the tears flow freely. Kagome picked up the jewel, holding it to her chest and wishing that she could go back to Sesshomaru, when nothing happened she miserably got back up and climbed out of the well. She wanted to see her mother, to talk to her and see if there was anything that she could do about this mess, but in order for her to do that she would have to travel across town, she sighed, it was going to be a very long day.
When she opened the door familiar scents rammed into her nose, her eyebrows rose as she sniffed the air again. Sango? Miroku? Shippo? Rin? Koga? Ayame? All of them were here, and alive. Her heart almost stopped, did that mean? Was Sesshomaru here too?
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
It had taken nearly a week for Sesshomaru to calm down once he fully realized what had happened to his mate. The newly completed jewel had taken Kagome away from him and thrown her into the future, 500 years away from him. He didn't know if he would be able to handle waiting that long to see his mate again, even just this simple week had been pure torture, not only emotionally, but physically as well.
Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Koga and Ayame saw how Sesshomaru was suffering, and they knew that they had to do something to the TaiYoukai before he went on a rampage and killed an entire village, which they all knew that he was capable of doing. So they all went to his palace in the Western Lands, intent on offering a solution to the problem. One they hoped he would accept, for all their sakes.
Sesshomaru was Rin's chambers when he smelled them coming, sighing he knew why they were here. He had been on the verge of losing it for so long now they were worried. They were the only ones, Rin had been worried as well, and though she was still young, she had picked up on his pain. So he had Rin follow him into the main hall of the palace, she would keep him sane while he talked to his mates friends.
“Sesshomaru-sama, as we said before, Kagome has been sent back to her own time, 500 years into the future. Her loss has clearly taken a huge toll on you. We are here to offer away of assistance.” Sango had bowed her head as she spoke, knowing that she didn't want to anger the TaiYoukai.
“And what plan is this?” Sesshomaru was curious, anything that helped him to see his mate without this pain was something that he would think about.
Miroku stepped forward. “Lord Sesshomaru, as you know, I'm a very skilled monk, I think that I would be able to put you into a deep sleep, sealing you away from time, until, 500 years to the day, you would wake up and see Kagome-chan again.”
Sesshomaru's eyes went wide. Seal him away from time? Though it was a very tempting idea he had his lands to think about as well, he did not want them falling to ruin. Seeing the conflicted look in his eyes Sango again stepped forward to address Sesshomaru.
“Koga and Ayame have agreed to watch after you lands, putting Shippo in charge, just to make it look like you left an heir behind. Miroku and I would clearly be here to help defend your lands as well. Once the spell is completed we would be sharing the same lifespan that you and Kagome have.”
Sesshomaru thought about their idea, they hadn't left any stone unturned, and it seemed pretty solid. He turned his eyes down to Rin. He knew that his daughter would be upset without him there.
“You have to promise to look after Rin, Jaken and Ah-Un as well.” When they all nodded he again looked to Rin, who had tears in her eyes, but was nodding with them. She knew what Kagome meant to Sesshomaru and she didn't want him to be in anymore pain. If letting him go mean that he would again be happy, then she would gladly see him gone.
“Sesshomaru-sama, go to sleep, so you can one day see your Kagome again.” Rin smiled up at Sesshomaru as she said this, tears spill down her cheeks.
Sesshomaru was speechless, his daughter was giving him permission to leave her in the hands of strangers. He closed his eyes against the swell of emotion that raised within him and he knelt down to hug the girl. “You will be there when I awaken, I know it.”
He turned to Miroku and Sango. “Let's get this over with. I want to see Kagome again.”
 
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
Kagome followed the scents of her friends and found them in her home, she knew that since her grandfather had died Souta and her mother had moved in with her mother's fiancée and had left the Shrine to her. Grateful for that as she now made her way towards the house and her friends from the past, she wouldn't have to explain why she was suddenly a Youkai, and pregnant to boot. Sighing she opened the door to the house to find all of her friends waiting for her at her kitchen table.
“Kagome!” Sango launched herself at her friend. It had been a long 500 years, and even though they had been in her time period while she was traveling back and forth between the times, they couldn't show themselves for fear that she wouldn't make the same decision.
“Sango, how are all over you here?!” Kagome looked at everyone as they sat smiling at her. “What is going on?”
“Well you see, we kind of have a surprise for you, but you won't be able to get it for another three months.” Shippo was up and hugging Kagome. Having fully grown into a very handsome fox demon in the 500 years he had waited to see his mother again.
“Tell me all about what happened since I was sent back through the well. Where is Sesshomaru? He has to still be alive if I am.” She lightly rested a hand on her stomach as she talked. “And what is my surprise and why do I have to wait three months for it?”
Ayame laughed and stood up to hug Kagome as well, the rest following suit. “Your birthday is three months silly that's why.”
Kagome couldn't help but smile. “I get a present do I?” She looked around for Sesshomaru again and sighed when she didn't see him.
“He will be here soon Kagome, I promise.” It was Rin's turn to speak and Kagome was speechless when she saw the young woman. She was now a Fox demon as well, and when she sniffed she found Shippo's scent all over her.
“You mated with Rin?” Kagome gave Shippo a look, and the two blushed and nodded. “I thought the two of you would be a cute couple once the two of you were old enough.”
“Mother.” Shippo mumbled, then looked outside at the setting sun. “I have to get back to work now.” He grinned as he leaned in to kiss Kagome's cheek. “I'll be back to see you tomorrow.” With that he ran out the down and down the street.
Kagome looked at the rest of them. It was nice to see her friends again, but she wanted Sesshomaru. Though she had only been without him for a few short hours, it felt like an eternity that they had been apart from each other. And the fact that he was not here when her friends were was unsettling. She excused herself and went upstairs to her room, wanting to be alone to think about things.
Kagome knew that Sesshomaru had to be alive, otherwise she would be dead right now. So where was he? Why hadn't he been here when she reappeared on this side of the well? She curled up into a ball on her bed, hugging the pillow to her as she cried. Though she had only been mated for a few days, she still felt the need for his arms to wrap around her as she slept. She cried herself to sleep that night.
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
Alright. Here is chapter four. I always listen to music when I type, and I've been adding the lyrics to the chapter titles. Bonus points to those who can tell me the songs that I've been using lol. This chapter had many different songs one of the main ones was Every Heart one of the many Inuyasha endings. Such a beautiful song (sigh).
Sesshomaru: Why does my mate have to suffer for three months?! What is wrong with you?
Rane: *smiles sheepishly* Well it adds suspense to the story, besides, it does everyone a little good to worry about someone from time to time.
Sesshomaru: That is crap and you know it. *growls* I want to be reunited with my mate… NOW
Rane: Soon! I promise!
I'll add the next chapter as soon as I can!!! REMEMBER TO REVIEW!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!