InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Day You Will ❯ Prologue

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
One Day You Will

Golden Foxfyre
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.





Prologue





Inutaisho snarled as he chased the dragon away from his territory. How dare he even think about invading?! The Western Lands would never fall into the claws of a dragon if he could help it! He sprang in his dog form, landing on the dragon's back and forcing him to the earth.

The invitingly green meadow trembled under the force of their impact. Hard teeth sank into the back of the dragon's neck as the taiyoukai attempted to cut through the arteries feeding the brain. With a roar, the dragon flung him off.

"Really, Inutaisho. You can't beat me, so just surrender. You and your pup will still be alive, even though cast out of the territory."

A deep throated growl came from him. 'You dunce. I will not surrender to the likes of you!' He shifted his form back to the humanoid one and firmly grasped the hilt of his sword. Now that his rage was under control, he could smell something controlling the beast. "Come out of him, fire youkai. Face me without draconian backup, you coward!" He drew his sword, the ringing of the metal painful to the dragon's ears.

Fire burst from the heart of the beast then took on the form of a wolf formed of fire. That form faded away, revealing a tall youkai with hair the red of flame. The dragon fled, knowing that the Lord of the Western Lands was angered.

"As I said before," he crossed his arms, "surrender."

"Iie. I will not surrender to scum like you. Threatening my son to draw me out is the act of a coward." Inutaisho held his blade at an angle, ready to attack. Golden eyes narrowed as venom flowed into his claws.

The fire-wolf youkai lunged, then found the sword deeply slicing his abdomen. Pain instantly flared up around the wound, but his fire hardened claws struck just as deeply, drawing blood from the inu youkai. Strangely, Inutaisho didn't even flinch.

Angered, the one of fire drew his sword and clashed it against Inutaisho's. The taiyoukai ducked under his guard then sank his talons into the wound he'd opened earlier. A howl of pain and rage escaped the fire wolf who then pulled back his blade and fiercely attacked the inu's arms and legs.

Sparks were struck off the blades as they crossed and blasts of youki sorched the earth. Blood fell like rain from both of them, yet the fire wolf was worse off than the shiro inu.

Snarling, the wolf left deep cuts along the taiyoukai's chest. Unseen by him, the sword came up and cut his head from his body.

Weakly, Inutaisho laughed as the body turned to ash. "I told you I wouldn't surrender to a coward like you." He held one of his hands over the bleeding wounds on his abdomen as his vision began to spin. Blood dripped down his face, leaving red trails behind. His sword fell from his hand, for it had grown too hot for him to handle. It vaporized from the heat.

A dull thud sounded as he fell to his knees. 'Stay there, Sesshomaru. Don't you dare come looking for me. There could be more of them around.' Inutaisho lay down with a splat. 'Nani?' His blurring eyes found that he'd laid down in a pool of blood. 'I didn't realize it was this bad.' He began to cough harshly, blood coming up from his lungs. 'Looks like I'm going down with him. Heh. What a way for me to go.'

Golden eyes shut for what he thought was the last time. A small voice, the pup he'd once been, called out. 'Help me! Somebody, anybody, onegai! Help me!'