InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Day You Will ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
One Day You Will
Golden Foxfyre

Disclaimer: It's official! I'm sick of saying that I don't own Inuyasha!


Chapter 7
(several months later)


Izayoi woke with a startled gasp. The memories of her nightmare rose quickly in her mind, and just as quickly escaped recall. 'Something about a burn-scar spider? A miko from the future? The Shikon no Tama?' Those facts alone remained in her conscious mind.

A hiss of pain escaped her as she curled around her distended abdomen. The contracting muscles and the changes her body was going through were agonizing. One hand reached for the demon lord, her touch causing her pain to flood into his awareness.

Inutaisho snapped out of his trance and sat up sharply. "Izayoi?" He wrapped his arms around her as she grimaced in pain. "The pup's coming?"

Izayoi wordlessly nodded, the pain stealing her voice from her for a moment. She struggled to get into the proper position. Her mate aided her, then pulled the blankets away. A pained cry escaped her as she pushed.

In spite of the abuse his ears were suffering, Inutaisho heard the pattering of swiftly running feet. His first born was rapidly approaching. To appease his mate's modesty, he draped a thin yukata about her. As soon as it was hiding what his heir shouldn't see, the shoji was drawn back violently.
Sesshomaru's golden eyes widened then he dashed to the fireplace. The water had grown cold since the fire had died down. He built the fire back up, placing the water close to the red-orange flames. His father spread absorbent materiel about Izayoi then knelt to catch the pup. As Sesshomaru approached the futon, his stepmother latched onto his hand, squeezing tightly. The young youkai responded with as much comfort as a secure grip could give.

Inutaisho's nose twitched at the scent of escaping amniotic fluid. The scent seemed to be a mixture of his and Izayoi's. She was dilated enough for the pup to safely come through. Then, he noticed a head of silver-white hair emerging. A pair of dog-like ears were folded down on the white mass.

"Keep pushing, Koi. The head's coming out." he declared, barely able to keep the excitement out of his voice.

Izayoi cried out again as another wave of contractions hit her. Her grip on Sesshomaru's hand tightened to the point of the strength crushing the hand of a man. She was much stronger than she let on.

Sesshomaru cringed. It was a miracle that she hadn't woken the entire household. Then, new cries came to his ears. The bawling of a newborn pup.

Izayoi's attention split. Most of it was on Inutaisho cleaning their upset son, while the rest was on expelling the afterbirth. She finished then released her stepson's hand. "Did I hurt you?"

"Iie, Lady Izayoi." The young lord gathered what his father placed around her and the after birth. He placed it next to the door for the servant to dispose of.

Inutaisho returned to the futon, holding the still bawling pup. "He has quite the set of lungs on him." He handed his son to his mate, who settled the crying infant in a way only mothers were capable of. The baby nuzzled around before finding what he was looking for.

Purple eyes turned to golden ones. "What do you want to name him?" she queried softly, knowing that their ears were sore from her crying and the pup's screaming.

"He is Inuyasha." Inutaisho declared. Then the family silently closed ranks, unaware of the looming tragedy that would soon tear them apart.