InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Day You Will ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
One Day You Will
Golden Foxfyre

Disclaimer: Not mine, and getting tired of saying it. 'Dang, it's getting hard to type!'


Chapter 6


The taiyoukai stared into the distance, his arm around his mate. "Izayoi, stay here."

A confused violet gaze met his golden one. "Naze? What is going on?" Wind blew through the area, flinging black and silvery-white locks around them.

He sighed, tightening his grip on her. "I'm going to see a demon sword smith. His home has vapors that could kill you." Inutaisho blinked when her head came to rest on his shoulder. Her arms wrapped around his waist in a gentle embrace.

"I understand." Suddenly, she lifted her head and glared at him. "But that doesn't mean take three months to come home." Izayoi shook her head. 'What's gotten into me?' A chuckle surprised her.

"I've never taken that long to come home when you're waiting for me." He placed a searing kiss on her lips before pulling away. 'The attempts on her life have been getting more frequent this past month. Tenseiga alone isn't enough to ensure her safety.' "Don't worry, Koi. I should be home shortly." Inutaisho moved away from his mate then shifted to his beast form before bounding away.

His keen ears picked up her forlorn sigh as he raced away. 'I'd better hurry. Something tells me that danger will come to her while I am gone.' Trees flashed by in blurs and he avoided villages that lay in his path, understanding that he could scare the people with his form.

The ground under his paws grew warm, then hot. The scent of molten rock and sulfur drifted to his nose, alerting him that he was close. He returned to his human form, stepping carefully over the ground. "Toto-sai?" he called, his voice getting the attention of the demonic ox nearby.

The sword smith exited his smithy, to find the Lord of the Western Lands standing before him again. "What is it, Inutaisho?"

The inu youkai laughed. Toto-sai was as blunt as ever. Inutaisho sobered, conveying that he'd come due to a serious situation. "I'm sure you've heard of what I've done."

The old fire demon nodded. "I've heard. Lady Izayoi must be a very forgiving soul to take so much. What is the order this time?" Beady eyes stared at the taiyoukai, reading his body language more easily than most.

"I worry about her. Many youkai have already attacked. So far, her miko abilities have vanquished her attackers, but there could come a day when those too powerful for her attack. I wish you to make a sword for me to protect her with." He placed a hand on his old friend's shoulder.

Toto-sai blinked and yawned. "Tempered from another fang, Inutaisho? That would be easily done." Both entered the forge, then a squashed yelp sounded from within. "It should be ready in about three to four days, m`lord."

Inutaisho nodded, not trusting himself to open his mouth quite yet. He turned and left. After the ground cooled beneath his feet, he returned to his beast form and leapt into a run. A white blur passed through forests and by villages, going deep into the center of the Western Lands. Stone lit by the evening sun was nearly hidden by the greens surrounding it.

"Tousan!" a young voice called.

The enormous dog turned to gaze at his demon son. 'What is it, Sesshomaru?' His head was cocked to one side inquiringly.

"Lady Izayoi, she wants to see you." Golden eyes blinked as his father returned to his humanoid form. "Tousan, why is she so moody?"

A chuckle came from him. "Sesshomaru, the minds of women are mysteries to men. Could you tell me where she is?" 'Why can't I catch her scent?'

A soft giggle came from his heir. "She's in your room."

Inutaisho knelt and drew his son into a hug. Strong young arms returned the embrace then they released eachother. "I know you're bored. Go on." He gave his son a gentle push and stood. A small flash of silvery white dashed into the garden while he returned to the room he'd left behind in the morning. "Izayoi?"

He jumped, startled when her arms encircled his waist and her face pushed into his tail. "Looks like I frightened you." The teasing tone in her voice made him turn in her grasp.

Inutaisho placed a curled finger under her chin and tilted her head up, gazing into her violet eyes. "Someone's thinking naughty thoughts."

~*~

The taiyoukai gazed fondly at his sleeping mate. Their earlier activity was still strong on his mind. Not even Sesshomaru's mother got such a reaction out of him. Lightly, his hand touched bare skin. She'd given up so much to be with him, so he would make sure she didn't have to loose anything else while he lived.

He drew his tongue across his teeth, feeling the beginnings of a new fang growing in. Much to his relief, Toto-sai had been more than willing to create what he requested. Once the sword was complete, he would be able to protect her from all who threatened her.

Izayoi sighed, snuggling up to him and opening her eyes. Her smile seemed to light up the room. "Have you noticed yet?" She took his hand and placed it on the slight swelling he'd wondered about so briefly the night before.

Inutaisho took a deep breath, catching her scent as his senses picked up a new life within her. He hadn't been around many pregnant mortal women, so this was quite the shock to him. Golden eyes widened in surprise. Never, in all his days with her, did he expect something like this to happen.

Her soft laugh brought him back to the present. "If I'd known you would react like this, I would've found a different way to tell you."

"My pup?" he whispered, gazing at his hand, concentrating on the life within his mate. He knew that she would be scorned by many should this child be born. "You don't have to go through with this."

Violet eyes narrowed, causing a shiver of fear to run through him. Spontaneously, he removed his hand. "Absolutely not. We created this life; it shouldn't be taken away so lightly."

"Calm down, Koi." he whispered, managing to keep a puppy-like whimper out of his voice. "It was only a suggestion."

She smiled at him, her expression gentling. "I wasn't angry with you, just the idea."

Inutaisho placed his hand on her again. The pup was very powerful already. It seemed that the mixing of the blood of a taiyoukai and noble lady miko produced something that the world hadn't seen before. 'I'll have to figure out a binding spell. If the pup looses control of his blood, the result could be ugly.' He kissed Izayoi slowly, enjoying the sensation of her lips against his. "You have no idea of how happy you've made me, Izayoi."