InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot/Song Fic Anthology ❯ Nobody's Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: I don't really know where this came from….
 
Don't own Inuyasha or the song “Nobody's Home” by Avril Lavigne.
 
~ * ~
 
Miroku stared at Sango as she stared off into the distance. They had finally defeated Naraku, which meant the death of her younger brother. Kagome had tried to insist on leaving the shard in his back, but in the end Sango had been the one to remove it.
 
She had been silent for days, confusing Inuyasha and Miroku. It had gotten to the point where even Kirara didn't bring her any comfort. The two males all but cornered Kagome, asking her over and over why Sango was acting that way.
 
I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

At first Kagome tried to ignore their constant questions, not wanting to betray Sango in any way. The two of them hadn't officially discussed the matter, but Kagome wasn't stupid, she knew something was wrong with her friend.

What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
 
“What's wrong with her?” Inuyasha asked. “She won't stop moping. Make her stop moping Kagome.”
 
Kagome's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. “Sit!” She screamed and moved away as Inuyasha's body crashed into the ground.

Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
 
Kagome moved away from the campsite and the swearing Hanyou. She grabbed up the empty water bottles and walked to the nearby stream. She found Sango sitting, staring up at the stars, tears streaming down her face.

With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside
.
“I wish I knew what was wrong with her.” Miroku said softly from Kagome's left. She jumped at the sound of his voice, not realizing that he had been there.

Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.

Kagome sighed and silently prayed that Sango would forgive her for talking to Miroku about this.
 
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.

“She's officially the last of her tribe now.” Kagome said softly, not wanting Sango to overhear her. “With the death of Kohaku, everything that Sango knew and loved is gone. Nothing of her past life has survived. Her village is gone, her family is dead. The only things she has are her Hiraikotsu, Kirara and her slayers uniform. They are her constant reminders of what she once had.”
 
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
Miroku stared past Kagome at Sango. He realized that what Kagome had said was true. Sango was no longer complete; she was a shell of what she once was. Sure she was the strongest woman he had ever met. Most men were terrified of her, and yet he was more intrigued then ever.

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
 
“Do you think she'll ever find peace?” Miroku asked Kagome.

She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind
.
 
Kagome looked at the monk, a thoughtful smile on her face. “Oh, I think so.” Kagome told him honestly. “Right now she's lost in the world, but in time her heart will heal, just as her other wounds have. I think when she gets the chance to start a family; it will be her closure, her way of closing that chapter of her life.”

She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.

Kagome studied Miroku as she lowered one of the bottles to the stream. “Miroku, you do know that you're probably the one person out of all of us that can help her heart heal.”
 
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,
oh
Miroku looked at Kagome in shock, processing what she was telling him. He nodded to Kagome, acknowledging what she had just told him. Kagome twisted the cap on her water bottles and moved away, giving her friends the privacy they deserved.

She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
 
Miroku moved closer to Sango, who didn't even look away from the sky to tell him if she sensed his presence. He sat next to her and briefly pondered what to say to her.
 
“She's right.” Sango said, startling Miroku. “I am lost in the world. I have no home, no family, nothing.”

With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Miroku grabbed Sango's hand, making the slayer look at him in surprise. “That's not true. You have everything in the world that you could possibly need. You have family in Kagome and Inuyasha, you're strong and healthy. You can bare children and teach them the ways of the slayers, raise them on your beliefs. And you have a home.”
 
Sango stared at him, tears shining in her eyes. “I do?” Miroku nodded. “Where?”
 
“With me.” Miroku said. “I know that where ever you are, I'm at peace. You are my home.”
 
Sango burst into tears burying her face in his robes. Miroku held her tightly to him, stroking her hair and whispering soothing words in her ears. As Sango cried for everything she had lost, she realized how much she had gained. She had become independent and strong. She gained a sister and a protective brother. She had found love, and just as he had insisted, she had a home with Miroku. Where ever she may go, as long as she was with him, she'd be content and have the feeling of home.
 
She knew Kagome was right. In time her heart would heal and although she could never truly forget about her family, their memory would continue to give her strength. Eventually the painful chapter of her life would come to an end and then she could concentrate on the next chapter. She promised herself that it would be one filled with love and happiness, and she would make sure that it would be as long as she could possibly make it.

She's lost inside; lost inside...oh oh
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah