InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shots ❯ She Isn't Real ( One-Shot )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/n: Inuyasha or Vermillion pt. 2 do not belong to me. Inuyasha was written by Takahashi, Rumiko and Vermillion pt. 2 is performed by Slipknot.

She Isn't Real

By: White Luna

Inuyasha had gotten tired of waiting again. In aggravation, he flung Kagome's window open and jumped on inside. She was inside, humming softly, unaware of him being there. In the corner, he heard a strange sort of music, and the strange buzzing noise of something that sounded like a shift to another sort of `song'.

He heard her scratch with her pencil, and he watched her quietly for a moment.

But he got tired of waiting for her to notice him rather quickly.

“Oi, wench!”

She reeled around in her chair in surprise, staring at him with wide eyes. “Inuyasha? What are you doing here? You scared me!”

He grumbled a bit, and bit out at her, “I came to get you! You're taking too long!”

She frowned, and decided to ignore him again as she went back to her homework.

He was about to get really angry until he heard some sort of stringed instrument, the sound catching his attention. He turned his head, and walked slowly over to the box that made the noise. He tapped it a bit, and pushed a protruding thing. The button caused the volume to increase at an abrupt rate, causing him to yelp in surprise at the noise and flatten his ears at the offending height of the `music'.

“KAGOME! Make the stupid box quieter!”

Kagome frowned at him, huffing and went to her CD player and turned the volume down. “Well, then you shouldn't have touched it.”

He growled, and ignored her a minute, before demanding, “What are they saying?”

She sighed, and hit the skip button the restart the track.

She went back to her chair, and sat down.

He followed her, and questioned her, “Why can't I understand them.”

She looked at him and said, “Because, Inuyasha, they're speaking English.”

He looked at her quizzically, “What... what's `engrish'?”

Kagome sighed, and turned back to her homework in hopes of getting some of it done. “A language spoken by Americans. This is an American band, Slipknot. I don't really like their really hard stuff, but a friend played this... and it kind of caught my attention.”

He stared at her as if she grew two heads. “What's an `ame-ri-kun'? And what is a `sripknot?'” Kagome shook her head. “Nevermind, Inuyasha. You wouldn't really understand. Just listen, okay?”

He nodded, somewhat enthralled by the music, and stared at the magic box again.

“Can you tell me what they're saying?”

Kagome sighed, and sang the lyrics in Japanese softly to him as she attempted to work on her homework again (she understood because her evil teachers forced her to learn English for `future business and college purposes'.). Maybe if she did this, it would placate him and keep him quiet long enough for her to finish....

She seemed trusting all of me,
Stretched across my shame.
All the torment and the pain...

Inuyasha eyes widened as he continued to stare.

Leaked through and cover me.
I'd do anything to have to myself,
Just to have her for myself.
Now I don't know what to do...
I don't know what to do...
And she makes me sing.

Inuyasha slowly began to sit down, continuing to gaze at the box as if he understood something Kagome was unaware of as she told him a long story he already knew.

She is everything to me,
The unrequited dream.
The song that no one sings,
The unattainable.
She's a myth that I have to believe in,
All I need to make it real is one more reason...

Inuyasha began to reach a single clawed hand out to touch the box, and pressed the same button a few times to turn it up, but kept his ears trained on Kagome.

I don't know what to do,
I don't know what to do,
And she makes me sing.

Inuyasha felt himself one hand through his hair, licking his lips to moisten them, and sucking on his tongue for his mouth had suddenly gone dry.

Kagome...

But I won't let this build up inside of me,
I won't let this build up inside,
I won't let this build up inside of me,
I won't let this build up inside of me...

Inuyasha felt his breath go short.

I catch in my throat,
Choke,
Torn into pieces, I won't,
No,
I don't want to be this...

Inuyasha scratched the back of his head, feeling as if the air had gotten so thick for him that it felt as if he were swallowing it instead of breathing it.

But I won't let this build up inside of me,
I won't let this build up inside of me,
I won't let this build up inside of me,
I won't let this build up inside of me...

He heard Kagome's soft voice contract to the words, and Inuyasha stayed mesmerized by the sorrow in her voice and the voice of the singer.

She isn't real...
I can't make her real...

Inuyasha felt himself go stiff, as a single thought then drifted through his head, Kikyo isn't real...

Inuyasha then stood up at the end up the song, turned and looked at Kagome who had snapped her `textbook' closed and yelled in happy triumph, “I'm finished!”

She looked to Inuyasha, facing him and was surprised by what she saw. His ears had drooped and he looked sad.

She didn't want to ask him what was wrong though. She just watched as he pointed a single finger at the CD player and asked her politely to play it again.

“Of course, Inuyasha...”

He looked at her shyly and nodded. He didn't want her to know why... he just wanted to hear his pain play across his ears again as Kagome once more sang to him softly in Japanese, speaking of things he knew all too well about.