InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One to Remember ❯ One Night ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Summary: They met one night at a party. Unknowingly two or so years later their paths collide again. She with her she with her two year old son. He with two year old memories of a night he could not forget.


Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or the character's i am just borrowing them for the entirety of this piece of fiction.


Prologue

Kagome Higurashi was in her last year of University. She had about three months to go before her graduation. She was doing well at Tokyo University and was looking forward to graduating. What she would miss the most was her friend Leon who she liked as more than a friend. She knew that she could never be with him though because Leon and one of her best friends Eri were engaged to be married and would do so when they had both finished University. They had been going out for years and last week Leon had proposed and Eri had accepted.

Eri knew that Kagome liked someone but she did not know who it was she only knew that he was unavailable. Though Eri was doing better than another of her friends by trying to guess who it was. Her friends Yuka knew that she liked someone though she did not know that he was unavailable. Yuka thought that Hojou was the guy that she liked. Or she thought that they would be great together. Either way Yuka was always trying to set her up with Hojou. Kagome felt that while Hojou was sweet he was not for her. Though he obviously was oblivious to the fact that she did not like him because he was always giving her presents of some kind.

"Kagome, I heard there was a party on tonight wanna go? Though i've heard it's a costume party" Yuka asked. "Yeah, alright." Kagome figured she had nothing better to do tonight and maybe she would be able to forget her troubles for free, now for what she was going to wear tonight..

Inuyasha had decided to have a costume party at his house this tonight around a month ago. His at the time girlfriends had wanted to have one. Though they had broken up again a yesterday and it was too late to tell people not to come so he was reluctantly having a lot of people over when he was in a bad mood. His friend Miroku had told too many people especially women for it to be cancelled at this late date. Well maybe it would help him get over her this time, as he seemed to have an on again off again relationship. Miroku would say that he should get together with one of the women at the party to get over her but that was how his friend worked off a break up and not him.

His guardian Myouga; although not really a guardian anymore since he was well able to look after himself; had allowed the party and had gone away for the weekend. He was going to use what he actually looked like as a costume with a few added features to enhance the idea. Due to the fact that he was a hanyou and had dog ears he had to use a concealing spell on himself most of the time. Though his original for could make it really easy for him to get together a costume and it was much more relaxing for him to be in his true form.

The house that he and Myouga were living in was his father's house which he had inherited. His brother, as first son had inherited the family business and was now running it with great efficiency and finesse. Inuyasha personally had also inherited a large sum of money from his parents. The first sum was inherited when his father died a few months after he was born and the second was when his mother had died when he was five. He was born in Australia and had lived there until he was five when he had been brought to Japan. His father had died a few weeks after he was born in a plane crash when travelling between the two countries leaving his mother to take care of him alone and she had decided to stay in Australia.

His best friend Miroku surprisingly or maybe not surprisingly for someone who had grown up in a monastery was a bit of a playboy. He didn't actually get all that many women because of his favourite pick-up line 'Will you bear my child' though there were a few that actually thought the line was cute and fell for his innoccent act. Which, of course he was using again tonight. Miroku was also the only one of his friends who knew what his true form looked like as though being a complete pervert and swindler was actually a trustworthy guy to his friends. After Miroku had found out about his natural appearance he had even given him a mask and tail to add to the effect of being looking like a dog. He had these on tonight.

In an effort to forget about Kikyo he had, had a few drinks tonight and was actually starting to get a little bit tipsy. Every now and then he spotted a girl that he had noticed when she had come in to the house. He noticed that although the mask that she had on was quite ugly the dress taht she had used with her costume was quite skin-tight and showed a great figure of a body.

Kagome was haing a lot of fun and was feeling better than she had all week and was having a great time dancing and drinking. She had decided to go as an ugly witch with full on green foundation and fake warts. She'd had most of the stuff for the costume at her place from a few years ago when her brother had a party in which he wanted everyone to dress up as well. Though she wasn't living at home anymore because she had come to Tokyo for university. This guy who who although she could not seee his face had a rather sexy body came up to her and asked her to dance to which she accepted.

This girl that Inuyasha had asked to dance had a rather intoxicating smell which was in fact making him highly aroused though he tried to hide that from her being rather embarrassed about it. This had never happened to him before even his ex-girlfriend Kikyo had not been able to turn him on this easily. He had halfway managed to clear his thoughts when his friend Miroku then successfully got his to play the Vodka and Lemon game (Can't remember the name of it).

Kagome felt awful her head was pounding and she felt like she wanted to vomit. Groaning she tried to move out of the bed but was caught be and arm that was around her. Slowly the cranks in her brain started working, she was naked, and considering that he was rather pressed up to her, the guy who was holding her was also naked. To avoid an unpleasant and awkward situtation she decided to immediately untangle herself and leave.

After she was out of bed she took one look at the guy. It was the guy who had asked her to dance last night. At the top of his head he still had the two triangular ears on top of his head, she was shocked. Looking at them she thought they were cute, and wanted to touch those ears but refrained because it might wake him up and then a possible confrontation could occur.