InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One to Remember ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 1

Kagome had finished her degree and started working for a company that had employed her on her graduation only to find after a month that instead of her body just expanding for some unknown reason she was in fact pregnant. After finding this out she had told her family which had then disowned her feeling shamed by her actions and it was a mark against the family honour. Especially the fact that she didn't know who the father was. She worked in her job until they noticed that she was pregnant at which point they had fired her because she had not been working there long enough for her to get maternity or any leave whatsoever.

She had then decided to do something different. Yuka let her stay with her; possibly feeling a little bit guilty; while she was applying to Universities overseas in Australia to go and get masters degree in Information Technology there. Then she thought maybe she and her son could move there permanently instead of staying in Japan with some of the social stigmas associated with young unmarried mothers. Her friends were generous in lending her money so that she could pay them back when she got a permanent job. After having her baby she had also managed to find a temporary job in the few months she had, had before she left to start the required English classes for entrance into University in Australia. This helped her save money to pay for the year and a half that she would have before she would be able to get a full time job. Half a year for English lessons as she had studied hard in English and a year for her masters degree.

In her English lessons she had met her best friend Sango and was now living with her. Sango helped her with taking care of her son Shirokuro when she was at Uni or had to work go to work. They shared a flat together in Wollongong near the uni. She had found that it was cheaper buy most things here than it was in Japan and rent was cheaper compared to the amount of space that you actually got where you were living. Sango was also doing her masters in Australia though unlike Kagome she had no family alive as the rest of her family had died in a tragic accident when she was away on a business trip so she had decided to nominate Kagome and Shirokuro as her family.

Kagome was now at the point where she had appplied for permanent residency six months ago and had just received notification that she was able to stay in Australia. For an ensurer to get the nessessary points she had used a friend of hers that she had made at her part time job. Her friend earned well over the require $32,000 p.a. (a/n I think that's what it is it might be a few thousand higher though) and she had said that she could be an ensurer for her and also for Sango. While waiting for her permanent residency visa to be finalised she had worked in te part time job that she had, had for around a year, and also as a tutor at the University as she had found without permanent residency more permanent positions were not available and temporary IT jobs wished for people with more experience. While doing her masters Kagome had just earned enough money from tutoring to pay the rent food for her and Shirokuro. Which was good as it meant that she did not have to rely on her friends for money but it also meant that she could also not pay them back at all as there was no money left for extras.

Soon after she and Sango received notification of their permanent residency she and Sango had also managed to aquire jobs in Canberra starting after they graduate next week. Kagome was working for a new engineering firm that had developed some new technology that involved smart cards, they wanted her to write some programs to test this software. Sango had gotten a job at an accounting firm who was eager for her to start. They had also decided to share a house in Canberra as well as the rent prices were not particularly cheap and Kagome had pay for child care as well.

Shirokuro throughout the time that she and Sango spent packing up their belongings was trying to unpack the stuff that was going into the boxes as he was very upset about the fact that the flat was being re-arranged and everything was being moved into boxes. He was also upset about the fact that he felt that he was not getting enough attention for his liking. His mother and Sango were ignoring him in favour of doing something he really didn't like.

Her son had an unusual pigmentation to his hair it was white, not the pale blond colour that some people had, his hair had no shadings it was white, plain stark white. It was plain white, also around once a month it turned black for a night. She hadn't realised it at first and was rather freaked when it turned black. But then when it had happened roughly once a month again and again over the last couple of years she had gotten used to it. She figured it was strangelike that bite mark on her shoulder that had permanently been there since that night.

After graduating from Tokyo University Inuyasha started working for a Japanese company but after a few months had found that he did not like the working environment and had decided to move back to Australia and work there. So around a month later he found himself on a plane to Australia ready to start his new job the next Monday.

His job ws also going well, he liked what he was doing, his workmates weren't too bad and the business ettiquette was not as rigid in Japan and he was only working part time. His job also paid fairly well for someone who had not been working for that long. Canberra, the city that he was living in, unlike Sydney did not take 2 hours to get to the centre of either. With his money he had also bought a few acres just outside of Canberra. On his property he had some chickens and rabbits. He also grew some fruits and vegetables. The house was rather large and included a swimming pool and tennis court. He had set up one of the rooms with mats etc. so that he could pratice martial arts at home when he wanted. In fact some of the kids locally had their parents bring them over and he taught them some moves. He had a part time job so that he didn't get completely bored all the time as his property wasn't really all that large and thus was fairly easy to manage also so that he could keep some of the qualifications from university current so that if he ever actually needed to work full time he could.

While applying for jobs in Australia he had finally completely broken up with Kikyo and he hoped never to see her again. Last he had heard was that she was fucking some guy named Naraku. Inuyasha had found that he just wasn't into the relationship anymore. Instead he had found that his mind kept wandering back to that girl that he had spent a night with, what would be now almost three years ago. After the party he had found that her scent had caused his body to have a reaction and found it to be rather distracting. It also took a while for her scent to be cleared from the house and he had found the house to be an uncormfortable place for him to be while working for a few months. At the time Myouga had said something about the fact that new mates needed time to get used to each other before their bodies would calm down to usual. He had once caught a whiff of her scent at Sydney airport (A/N Why Sydney rather than Canberra airport. Maybe they felt like doing a tour of Sydney first.) when he was waiting for Miroku's flight to come in as he had decided to move to Australia though he had not been able to see the source of the scent due to the multitude of other scents of people at the airport.

Miroku the freeloader he was had also decided to take up residence with him. Miroku held a job in the accounting department of some company, he couldn't remember which and was also doing quite well. For some reason the people at his work had also decided to trust him and he was doing a wide variety of tasks and seemed to get a rather large Christmas bonus. His skills that he learned in swindling people during school and university aided in his job somehow. He had also just finished his two year course to for his CPA. (I'm not sure if this is completely correct. I'm not sure if I have the name right, though i'm pretty sure that it is a two year course. If someone could inform/correct me about it, i will change it).

A/N I'll probably update about once a week. It might be more, it might also possibly be less. It depends on the time commitments that i have for the week. As I am at University sometimes i have a high workload and sometimes i don't. Also it takes me a while to write a chapter.