InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One to Remember ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 2

"I'm Miroku Houshi, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Sango Taijiya, Likewise"

Miroku had looked at this woman and decided that she was the most beautiful woman that he had ever seen. Thus he decided immediately against using his favourite pick up line. Apart from which he would then possibly be sued for sexual harrassment, especially as it was her first day. Though continuously he had running through his head "Must resist touching, must resist touching."

"This is the desk that you will be working at while you are here." Miroku told her. Moving around the office he showed her where all the ammenities were and introduced her to a few people around the office. He then explained specifically her duties and how to use the software that was used in the office while still keeping his self control. Then keeping his self control he walked away. As soon as he was back to his desk a faint sigh of releif could be heard from him.

"I'm shocked Miroku, you actually lasted that long." Commented Chris "I think that's the longest that i've ever seen you stand near a female and not grope her. Apart from when you first came to the office."

"I'm trying to hold off on the sexual harrassment suits." Replied Miroku "I figure if someone actually get's to know me a bit beforehand then they are less likely to happen."

"Makes sense, but I don't think that the logic will quite work that way though." Chris quietly said.


After the introductions and tour Sango then proceeded to start doing her work, and if she did not know something she asked Miroku or another person. At 12:30 she left to go meet up with Kagome for lunch which they had previously decided to do since they both worked in Civic. When they had arrived last week in Canberra with Shirokuro they had decided to go see where they worked and to look around and see where they could meet for lunch. They had also gone to look at where Shirokuro's crêche was.
"So, any cute guys at your work?" Asked Sango.

"Not really. Anyway I'm not looking for anyone at the moment. How about you?" Replied Kagome.

"No" Sango replied all too quickly and followed with a blush.

"Reeaally" Was the response from Kagome as she arched her eyebrows "Are you quite sure about that?"

"Yes." Was the response as Sango went a deeper shade of red.

"Somehow I don't quite believe you."

"Think whatever you like to think"

"So who is?"

"I already told you, there isn't anyone."

To that Kagome just arched her eyebrows and muttered "Yes, there's no one."

After finishing their lunch they investigated some of the shops at the Civic shopping mall.


"Oh, Sango I forgot to mention to you earlier in two weeks I am having a Christmas party at my place would you like to go?" asked Miroku

"Sure, I'd love to go, what is your address?"

"I'll write it down draw you a map for you."

"Ah, there's just a tiny little problem. I don't have a car." Sango said after looking at the piece of paper and seeing that it did not look like it was within the normal bounds of the bus routes.

"I could see if I can arrange a lift for you then."
"Ok, thanks."


"Hey Inuyasha, would it be possible to go pick up a work colleague of mine from her house for the party."

"Yeah, I guess but I have to go pick up the runt from the airport before going there."

"I'm actually amazed that his parents trust you with the kid. Especially enough to let him stay here for a month while their away."

"Keh. What else are they going to do with him. They have to go around the world working for a month and they don't want to have to take him with them each time. They tried it last year and Shippo was cranky all the time. There is also no one else they can leave him with for so long. They said that here he can learn some English and here there is more space to move around with and the air is fresher."

"I'm still surprised considering that you spent a lot of time chasing after him when last year when we went and visited Shippo's parents."

"To upsetting for the kid apparently. They tried before when they had to go do business overseas and the runt got a bit too upset about moving about the place so much."

"Anyway where's this place at that I've got to go pick up the wench."

Miroku then gave her address to him. As Inuyasha didn't know where it was he had to pull out his map of Canberra. He found that it was almost on his way back from the airport anyway.


"Miroku, there's a slight problem. I don't think that i'll be able to go tomorrow. The person I live with has to work on Saturday, doing some tests or something on the system where she works, and so I need to look after her son." Sango informed Miroku.

"Ah, my dear lady." Miroku said while grabbing one of her hands into her two hands "That is no problem at all. Some of the other people are also bring their children along so one more won't matter, the child can join the other kids."

"If ttat's so then the next problem is that the kid is only two. So there needs to be space for a booster seat."

"Again that is no problem. I believe that there is a booster seat at home from when one my housemates' friends was over with their child."

"Ok, thanks."


Inuyasha walked to the gate that the flight would be arriving at and sat down ready for the arrival of the plane. The plane was on time with no delays having occured and soon after its arrival there was a red headed four year old holding hands with a stewardess walking up to him.

"Oi, runt what do your bags look like?"

"There over there, there over there."

"Come on. Show me which ones."

"The blue one, and the red one" Shippo said pointing to the conveyer belt feeling proud that he had remembered specifically which suit cases his parents had used.

"Alirght then come with me and we'll get them." Weaving a path through the other passengers waiting to collect their baggage Inu Yasha made his way to the conveyer belt and picked up the the pieces of baggae that Shippo had claimed as his and read the tags confirming Shippo's selection. "Ok, we'll be going to my place now but first we have to make a stop and collect a couple of people for the party that Miroku is having for his work."

"Ok, Inu Yasha"

They then both made their way to Inu Yasha's car settled in and set off.


Inuyasha rolled to a stop at the address that had been specified by Miroku for the woman and child that he had to pick up. He then told Shippo to wind down the window and stay in the car until he got them and brought them back to the car.

Getting out of the car he thought he smelt that smell. Taking a deeper breath, yup the scent was hers and she had been recently here recently and of course much to his annoyance he still reacted to it.

He rang the doorbell and a few seconds later the door was opened by a woman with black hair and magenta eyes and from her smell he could tell it wasn't her.

"You Sango?" Asked Inuyasha.

"You must be Inuyasha then. I'll just go get Shirokuro and my bag, and then we can go."

"Ok."

A few minutes later Sango came back holding a bag and in her arms was a young child with white hair. Seeing the child his eyes widened. The child had the scent of the unknown woman hanging thickly around him. The child's hair was, he also noticed also white.


A/N Do people think this chapter jumps around a bit too much? Anyway sorry this took so long to get out. I had work to do for uni and then it was so long since I had posted a chapter that I wasn't going to bother. But I was encouraged to, so I have.