InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One to Remember ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N Italicized words in quotes are when people are speaking in Japanese rather than English


Chapter 3


    "Inuyasha, how long until we get there?" Shippo Asked.

    "About half an hour." Inuyasha distractedly replied.  At this Sango's eyes widened slightly in surprise at the fact that she was sitting in a car with another people who spoke her native language.  Shippo for one didn't look like he came from Japan as he had red hair.  Thinking about it Inuyasha did have an Asian appearance though, but it wasn't necessarily a Japanese one.

    "I didn't know that you spoke Japanese." Sango commented.

    "Shippo comes from Japan.  He was just on a flight from there today.  I was there from when I was five until I graduated from University a couple of years ago.  Miroku also comes from Japan in case you didn't know"  Was Inuyasha's response.

    "Now that I think about it he does have a accent a Japanese accent when speaking English, though it is not all that prominent.  Though if you were in Japan so long why didn't you forget English and why don't you have an accent?"

    "My Guardian ensured that I had people to talk to in English at least once a week.  I became friends with Miroku soon after arriving in Japan and he started learning some English from me."


    Inuyasha really wasn't up for any conversation.  First of all he was in shock.  He'd just found out that he had a 2 year old son which his mind still had to process.  Apart from the shock he was now also in a confined space with the smell of his mother, the smell which greatly affected him.  Though he loved the smell there was only so much that he was able to stand as his concentration was greatly affected by the smell.  All in all he was trying very hard to concentrate on driving and nothing else.  Thankfully though Shippo had noticed that something was up he hadn't made a comment about it yet.

    Glancing into the rear view mirror he noticed that his son and Shippo had fallen asleep during the last few minutes of the ride and was looking quite peaceful.  If his son was anything like him then he would also be quite energetic and a handful.  According to stories told to Inuyasha by Myoga he tried to run around everywhere and he exhausted his mother's energy by chasing after him.  Inuyasha still had a lot of energy to spare today.  One of the ways that he burnt off that energy was by doing martial arts practice.

    Inuyasha also wondered what aspects of his personality his son had gained, and whether he was more like him or his mother in temperament.  Though to actually judge which physical and personality traits his son had taken he would have to be around his son more and meet his son's mother properly rather than one night at a party.


    "Miroku, my friend.  Do you remember the discussion we had about what would happen if you did that to me again, last time?" Claire the girl he had just touched inappropriately she asked as she put her arm around his shoulders.

    Miroku then whimpered and moved his hands to protect himself then replied meekly and moved his hands to protect himself "Yes."

    "Good, now you aren't going to touch me again are you?"

    "No"

    "Oi, Miroku has someone finally found a way to stop you from being perverted?" asked Inuyasha who was just entering the room with Shippo trailing right behind him and Sango carrying a sleepy Shirokuro who was unhappy about being woken up close behind him.  Though the two children were quite happily sleeping in the car they were not to be left in there because, due to all the guests Inuyasha was unable to get to the garage to park in the shade.  Also it would be too far a distance to keep an eye on Shippo and Shirokuro in case they did wake up.

    "No, that would be the threat." Miroku replied with a shudder.

    "Hmm.  I'm interested in what the threat is.  Even women beating you up doesn't stop you."

    "She's threatening the jewels."

    "Ah, I can see why now."

    Later in the afternoon after both children had fully woken up Inuyasha was the one designated to watch them.  Both Shippo and Shirokuro liked to run around with each other expending a lot of energy.  Both children were also quite fast in their running.  Though for their ages they were both quite fast in running they were also they were still significantly slower than Inuyasha,  Shirokuro of course was also slower than Shippo and was getting frustrated by it.  Though Inuyasha found that he was expending a lot of energy in keeping up with the two children.

    Eventually instead of Shirokuro just running after Shippo, Inuyasha picked him up and they both ran after him.  Eventually all parties were tired out from running around and chose to pursue less energetic things.  Inuyasha remembered that he had bought some play dough the other day so he brought that out for the two children to play with.  They ended up making pretend for for Inuyasha to pretend to eat.

    All throughout their time playing together Inuyasha was in effect trying to get to know his son and what his personality is like.  He also after a while came up with an idea of how he would be able to see his son again.  This was through Shirokuro and Shippo becoming friends.  Inuyasha decided that it would be good for Shippo to have a friend in Australia around his age.  Unfortunately Inuyasha didn't know anyone that was anywhere close to Shippo's age that spoke or understood Japanese which was the only language that Shippo knew at this stage although Inuyasha was planning on teaching him English while he was here he still would most likely not be able to pick up the majority of the vocabulary.  This was where Shirokuro came in; he would provide a suitable playmate for Shippo who although because of his age did not know how to speak too many words would at least be able to understand what Shippo was saying.

    The next stage of his plan had to be dealt with though, getting permission and arranging times for Shippo and Shirokuro to meet.  Inuyasha was also hopeful that he would be able to meet Kagome again. There was also the fact that Shippo would only be staying here for a month while his parents were travellng on business.  'Well' Inuyasha supposed 'At least that will give me some time to get to know him.  And possibly meet his mother again'.

    "So is he?" Miroku asked Inuyasha that evening after Shippo had gone to bed.

    "Is who what?" Was the gruff response from Inuyasha.

    "You know what I'm talking about.  Is Shirokuro your son?"

    "Yes.  He has her scent all over him."

    "What are you going to do."

    "We'll see."



A/N  Sorry about it taking so long to update.  I was actually expecting to have written a few more chapters by now and was going to upload them all at once.  But I had other time commitments during the day and I haven't spent much time on my computer over summer instead I was feeding my *cough* slight reading addiction.