InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One to Remember ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 4


"Mama, Si'o want runt, Si'o want Yassa." Shirokuro stated to his mother Kagome.

"I'm sorry honey but I don't know who they are." Kagome responded.

"Si'o want run, Si'o play, Si'o want runt, Si'o want Yassa." Shirokuro screamed louder.

It was at this point that Sango came in to the room having heard Shirokuro's voice getting louder and louder "I wonder if he means Inuyasha and Shippo.  He was playing with them most of yesterday afternoon.  They were all having fun.  Both Shippo and Shirokuro were both exhausted afterwards.  Inuyasha also asked yesterday if he could arrange a play date for Shippo with Shiro as Shippo doesn't understand much if any English at the moment and Inuyasha doesn't know any Japanese children his age in Australia.  And even though Shiro doesn't talk much he at least understands Japanese."

"Ok, that should be fine.  But not today, maybe next weekend."

"Ok, I'll tell Miroku at work tomorrow that everything is fine for the play date."

"Want play!"

"What would you like to play Shiro."

"Play run. Want runt. Want Yassa."

 

Inuyasha climbed the tree and sat down.  This tree was the place where he came to think.  High up in the tree he felt the wind blowing past him allowing his mind to wander as he though about mainly random things, generally centring on his son and the mysterious woman with the scent that distracted him.  Though occasionally his mind did wander onto another topic but inevitably it came back to one topic. Shirokuro. Throughout his thoughts his main desire was to meet his son's mother properly and get to know her better, and also to continue to see his son and be a part of his upbringing, preferably have a lasting relationship together.

To accomplish his desires he was greatly hoping that his son's mother would let Shirokuro play with Shippo.  Even if Shippo was only here for a month it would still give him the opportunity to meet her, and from there if she would allow to have a date, and hopefully in the future get married and then they could have more pups if she so desired.  Though Inuyasha wanted more pups he would go with whatever she wanted just so that he could be with her and his son.  He knew enough about his heritage that there was one true soul mate for youkai, instinctively they knew who it was once they had met the other.  Though they may partner another before meeting their soul mate after doing so there was no one else.

Inuyasha knew there would be no one else besides her for him.

Inuyasha also planned for the possibility that she would not let Shirokuro play with Shippo.  Though it would take longer he planned on maybe being able to have lunch with her, Miroku, Sango and himself, with Miroku and Sango arranging it somehow.  Somehow they could arrange to meet up or something, though that would be harder to do than a play date.  Miroku also had a tendency to annoy women by being overly perverted.  Though he did refrain a bit more now than he used to, if only by waiting for a few months and getting to know the woman so that she realised that he meant no harm before trying to touch them at every possible moment in, in their eyes, unfavourable places.

Last night he had dreamed about her, he hadn't had those dreams since he left Japan.  The smell of her coming off Shirokuro had stirred up something in his blood. The scent had given him a highly erotic dream which, in remembrance, had kept him awake for the rest of the night after he had awoken gasping and highly aroused.

 

Kagome was quite eager to meet the two people who had made such an impression on her son.  Usually her son was rather shy and reticent about new people and he never particularly wished to see new people much until after he had known them a while, after that if he liked the person that person would have his undying loyalty.  But for him to actually like and ask after two people that Kagome did not know, and still be asking after them several days later was highly unusual.  She was also highly curious as to why they had his loyalty so soon.

This all meant that she was eagerly awaiting their arrival in a few minutes.  Since she had told Shiro that Inuyasha and Shippo would be coming on the weekend a couple of days ago he had been highly active in excitement.  Shiro was normally a very active child and it was hard to keep up with him but for the last couple of days it had been pretty much impossible.  His hyper-activeness had greatly annoyed Kagome, Sango, and the minders at his crèche where he went during the day.  The major point of contention with him and the carers was the fact that he would not settle down and have a nap even though it was obvious that he needed one as he was being extremely cranky.  Shiro didn't feel that he was tired but really that was probably just because he was running around so much that he had too much adrenaline in his system.

At night he was still running around but when Kagome or Sango actually managed to persuade him to sit down for a few seconds then he pretty much fell straight asleep exhausted.  Though this left a lot more time in which Kagome and Sango did not need to watch him they were exhausted from watching him from when he was awake.

Watching out the window Kagome saw a nice car approach and stop outside her house.  From the car a guy who from her distance away looked gorgeous got out of the drivers seat and proceeded to the open the back doors and help out a small child.  Assuming that these two people were Inuyasha and Shippo Kagome called out to Shiro that they were there.  Shiro immediately ran to the front door and looked expectantly at Kagome waiting for her to open the door for them.  "I'm coming Shiro, I'm coming."

 

Inuyasha stood at the open door and breathed in her scent.  He felt both relaxed and tense at the same time.  He was relaxed because her scent had a calming effect on him.  But tense because her scent also had the effect of arousing him.  The effects of the scent were also definitely stronger when she was physically nearby, rather than just having the second hand effect rubbing off onto Shirokuro.  She was also, he found, extremely beautiful.  Though he couldn't remember much about that night he did remember thinking her quite pretty but seeing her now he was quite stunned.

"Yassa up." Shirokuro stated

"I guess you must be Inuyasha then, I'm pleased to meet you, and my name is Kagome." Kagome stated as Inuyasha was lifting Shiro into his arms.

"Yes, I am Inuyasha and this is Shippo, it's a pleasure to meet you too."

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Shippo. Please come in."

Shippo looked up at Kagome as he and Inuyasha were walking in and said "Hi."

"How would you guys like to go to the park? There is one near by and you can run around there. Unfortunately there is no play set there though." Kagome asked.

"Yeah, let's go to the park." Replied Shippo.

"Ok, I'll just get my bag and Shiro's hat and then we can go. Come in while i'm getting the things."

While Kagome was getting the stuff Inuyasha was scanning the room and looking at the furniture and decorations agreeing with Kagome's and Sango's taste in decorations. He was also thinking that he hadn't quite been prepared for meeting Kagome face to face again. Her effect was rather stronger than he had suspected. Holding Shirokuro he closed his eyes and discretely sniffed the house basking in her scent which was surrounding him.

Soon Kagome was ready to and off they walked to the park. While walking to the park Inuyasha kept on taking sideways glances at Kagome examining her profile. At this moment he was quite content. He was finally getting to meet Kagome properly; he was also going to be able to start a relationship with his son. If Kagome decided that she hated him, he didn't know what he would do. Though according to Miroku there was a high probability that he would annoy anyone if they came to know him well enough, especially someone for whom he had protective instincts.

At the park Kaomge kept on stealing occasional glances at Inuyasha. She found that she was attracted to him which was unusual as she had not really liked anyone in that way in almost three years, in fact she hadn't felt attracted to anyone since the night of Shiro's conception, when she was obviously attracted to the mysterious man with whom she had, had a one night stand never to see again. She was also very vague on the details of him as both were in costume; she had not seen him fully in the light. She did remember that on the night the man was dressed as a big puppy dog. He had really cute dog ears and white hair. At the time Kagome had thought that the white hair was dyed, but since Shiro was born and he had white hair most of the time Kagome decided the man must have had white hair which was very unusual genetics. The fact that Shiro's hair changed colour once a month to black was very unusual as well.

Glancing at Inuyasha again Kagome saw that sometime in her reminiscence Inuyasha had placed Shiro upon his shoulders. Watching them Kagome thought that there were some similarities in their looks. They seemed to have similar facial structure though Shiro was only two years old so it was not overly noticeable some expressions that Inuyasha was making Shiro had also made at some points in his life. Then Kagome decided that it must be a trick of her imagination. She was just seeing things that weren't there, the old seeing similarities when in people when actually they people looked completely different.

"Mama, look, look." Squealed Shirokuro who was currently extremely delighted to be upon Inuyasha's shoulders and was constantly moving around waving his arms to show his mother should look at him forcing Inuyasha to keep a firm grip on his legs in case he fell. Although Inuyasha was happy to have his son on his shoulders he really wished that he would stop moving around as much as it did get a bit tiring after a while.

"Yes, I can see you Shiro." Kagome replied to her son with a smile. Again thinking they both looked very cute together. Shippo was also running beside them trying to keep up with Inuyasha as he slowly jogged around the area.

A/N Finally updating. Sorry to those people to whom I said I would update soon. I've been busy with Uni again and also lazy which is never a good combination.I've had difficulties writing the last chunk of the chapter. It's coming to the the end of semester yet again which means I have a lot of assignments etc. to complete. Another month and I will have about a month off. The next chapter should be up around halfway through July, it's also possible that there will be more than one depending on how lazy I am over the break. I will not be updating during my break though but I should be writing then. Also I've made myself a livejournal account for those interested. It will have my progress or lack thereof.

Also I've had a question about the dog ears for Shirokuro. The answer is no. Unfortunately there would be some issues such as where did the dog ears come from if he had them. Maybe later kids will have them but I decided that since Inuyasha wasn't around to hide the ears then he would not have them. Otherwise I would have mentioned something about hospitals and genetic deformities.