InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only in Dreams ❯ Prolouge: Confusion ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
The ownership of Inuyasha does not lie under my hand, no matter how much one dreams, the only consolation it seems is the fact I get to torture them deliciously in this story.



Only In Dreams


Prologue:
Confusion


The atmosphere of the night was mediocre at best with its moonless appearance and grey studded expanse. The stars could not be seen. It was nothing remarkable. Yet the happenstance beneath it’s great lengths would be recalled for all of time and then yet forgotten immediately after its horror. A gateway into unreality. A turbulent leap into the world of insanity. A day of lurid grandeur and sanguinary magnificence. In a moment it would begin to rain.

The rush of air and the feel of speed. The stomach dropping and heart weightless, numbness vacuum accompanying every dangerous undertaking was present within the body. Perhaps it was fear, or excitement, or the thrill in knowing it should never be attempted by the human physique. The feels were present albeit all thought was drowned out in the moment of blatant disregard. Feeling, the adrenaline rush, it all became more important, more absorbed then the harsh truths of the predicament.

Bright rays of light, the symbolic end, cascaded over horror-stricken vision. Growing brighter and brighter and bringing with it the anguish of death. Sheets of red splayed over the expanse of death’s sight and flowed on endlessly. The beating heart fell silent and the gasping lungs ceased in function.

The sounds of sirens rushed into the take the place of life’s nocturne in the sudden silence. Flashes of red and blue, the cacophony of shouted orders and tromping feet through the mud. Rushed and impersonal touches over limbs and body alike. Moving, gliding over an unknown expanse halfway between awareness and endless night. Yet it was enough to hold onto the slight happenstances taking place outside of one’s frayed perception.

Wavering, echoing like trapped sounds in a mountainous valley, meaningful dissonance shifted over falling ears. The vocalizations losing every nuance of difference from any other noise of the garish evening. Even so, after the atmosphere shifted to the closed feeling, suffocation, of a smaller aperture to the world last known to the fading mind the sounds developed worded understanding.

“Are you all right?”

A definition of having all be well within the body and the mind and the soul. At the question only then did the numbness expanded over the shoulders down become apparent. There was nary a prickle of pain, or touch of air, or feel of weight, or sense of nearness of another being. There was nothing. Jaws tried to move, tried to form speech in answer, but was trapped still like frozen glaciers converging into the other. Frustration burbled beneath the surface of the cognizant consciousness and then confusion so closely followed apprehension.

“Can you see anything?”

Sight? Perception through the eyes. No. There was only the vast expanse of a night filled existence spread out before this gaze. There was nothing. In an effort the muscles around the eyes flexed, attempting to shut, yet the level of obscurity within this body dwarfed nearly everything in existence. If the eyes had fallen shut, it was not known, and soon became a fleeting care as what became of listing to the questing voice. The strength of pull crowding over the mind, the feel of falling away from oneself, shifted and meandered about until it could not be ignored.

“Are you still awake?”

The final question to grace the ears of the declining existence before oblivion crept over silently and took hold with all the force of a killer stripping life; it went unheard.


A/N:

I know it sounds a bit confusing, but there is a reason for it that you will see as the story progresses along. I will tell you now that this is primarily an Inuyasha/Kagome story, however, I will give the other relationships equal air time so worry not! I hope you enjoyed it, though it was short, the actual chapters will be much longer.

There are a total of three stories that I’ve in mind to write, but since I’ve only got at the most an hour each day to write at the most I shall only update one a week. With school, homework, and the responsibilities of having to help care for my siblings there is simply not enough time in the day. However, I truly wish to write a story for this anime and have for a while now. Only recently did a friend of mine encourage me to try my hand at it, the catching words of a promise to better my writing with an endeavor to be the best.

Whichever story receives the most reviews will be the one of whom is to be updated first. I plan to finish each of the three and will not leave you hanging, on that you have my word!


~Katya Izmir