InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Time ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer:: I don't own the inu group but I do own the “old hag” in the beginning Heara…hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha
Only In Time
 
Chapter 1: The Beginning
 
“Ye must choose one. That is the only way ye'll be able to successfully get revenge on him.”
 
“Yah, but which one should I choose? You said yourself that there are two of them.”
 
“Ye must be the one to figure that out, while one's heart will turn evil the other's will stay pure. But remember give both a chance for only time will revile the one ye need.”
 
“Ok, one more question old hag, where do I find them?”
 
“I am sorry Inuyasha, ye can not tell you anymore.” The old women turned her back to the dumb-stuck hanyou. `Please be patient and wait, the right one will come to ye don't go looking for her.' She thought as she disappeared into the night.
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
“That was so boring, wasn't it Kagome?” asked Eri as they walked down the hall at the end of the day.
 
“Yah, I thought the last day of school was supposed to be fun, not lecture city. I think half the class was asleep.”
 
“More like the whole class.”
 
“Well at least its summer which means B.S.B.” added in Yuri
 
“What's B.S.B.?” asked Ayime.
 
Everyone in there small grouped looked at her like she had five heads and no brains.
 
“You don't know what B.S.B. stands for? That's sad.”
 
“ Shut-up Eri” Kagome defended. “ It stands for the three most important things for the summer. Beach. Sun. Boys. Get it?”
 
“Oh”
 
Eri and Yuri just rolled their eyes. Their friend was so slow at understanding things it wasn't funny.
 
“Anyway, can you believe that story they made us read today as a last minute book”
 
“Yah I know it was so fake, its not, like a girl could fall down a well and help a half demon get revenge on a full demon then fall in love with him”
 
Kagome said, rolling her eyes. “Honestly do they think we're idiots? First of all demons were never real, they were made up to scare disobedient children. And no one could fall down a well and travel into the past.”
 
“Yah it is stupid, but you know the scary part is the main character sounded like you Kagome.”
 
“Me? I don't think so, maybe your imagination is running away, cause the person didn't sound a think like me.”
 
“Well actually Kagome, it did sound a bit like your life. I mean the girl was described and you match her perfectly. Long black hair, dark eyes, and so on.”
“Yah, and do forget the part where the girl lives on the shrine.” Added in Yuri. “You're like the only one in our school who does.”
 
“But the story is made up, and no one said that of it was true the person would go to our school.”
 
“I guess that's a good point. Well I gotta go. Bye.”
 
“Me too”
 
“Yah me three. I'll call you later Kagome.”
 
“Don't bother I have to help my grandfather clean out the shrine to the sacred well.”
 
All her friends gave her weird looks as she said the word well. She rolled her eyes again and walked away. ` There such idiots how can they believe a stupid story likeDescendents of Fate. Everyone knows its fake, and could never happen.'
 
She continued to walk home her mind traveling farther and farther from her friend's stupid ideas, until they totally left her mind.
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
“Hah, you people are way to slow for me!” Inuyasha yelled as he leaped through the trees after a bunch of bandits that might have some information on where to find the priestesses by the names of Kikyo and Kagome. He landed in front of them and clenched his fist intestinally showing them his claws.
“Do any of you know the priestesses by the names of Kikyo and Kagome?”
 
They backed away from Inuyasha and shook their heads. One was even brave enough to stutter a quiet no.
 
“Keh! You guys are worthless I should kill you now, you're not worthy of living.”
 
“Even so” came a female voice from behind him “ I will not tolerate a half demon trying to kill anyone in my village. Especially one that is looking for me” she shot an arrow that just whizzed past his ear. “ Next time I will not miss”
 
Though Inuyasha wasn't worried he knew he could dodge an arrow faster than she could shoot one. But this person said that he was looking for her which meant that she's either the priestess Kikyo or the priestess Kagome.
Inuyasha turned away from the bandits who then ran as fast as they could to get away from both the crazy hanyou and the archer priestess.
“Who are you, Kikyo or Kagome?”
 
“Why should I tell you? Your nothing more then a mere half demon, you're the one not worthy of life. You don't fit in any race.”
 
Inuyasha instantly hated her, but he couldn't afford to make her an enemy, he needed her to defeat him, or at least he needed to find out if he needed her.
 
“If you think I'm here to hurt you then your wrong. In fact I need your help, but don't think I'm going to beg or anything and be at your mercy, if not you there is always the other priestess as powerful as you.”
 
She gave him a smirk, for she knew there was no other priestess as powerful as herself, and surly he was calling a bluff.
 
“Oh and which priestess is that?”
 
“If you tell me who you are then I'll be able to tell you the name of the other priestess.”
 
“I'm the priestess Kikyo. And who are you?”
“Inuyasha.”
 
She looked at him with a confused look. She'd heard of a half demon by the name of Inuyasha, in fact she heard that his whole clan was attached by the demon Naraku, and that he and his older brother where the only survivors.
 
“And what is it that you need my help with Inuyasha?”
 
“ I'm sure you heard of the demon Naraku, I want to kill him, and I heard from one of my mothers old friends who's a psychic, that I need the help of either the priestess Kikyo or Kagome.” For some reason he felt that he could trust her with all this information. He felt safe around her.
 
“Well there is no priestess named Kagome, that I know for sure, and there defiantly isn't another priestess even close to being as strong as me. My miko powers are the strongest in history, and I highly doubt that anyone can ever get as far as I have.” She informed him in a matter-of-factually voice.
 
He looked at her in puzzlement. `What does she mean there is no priestess named Kagome? Heara never lies or is wrong, but then again she is getting kind of old so maybe she's slipping, and if she was wrong about that maybe she's wrong about the part where one will turn evil. This Kikyo doesn't seem evil.'
“Follow me Inuyasha and tell me why I should help you defeat some one who has caused no harm to any one in my village.”
* * * * * * * * * * *
~One month later~
 
“Come on Kagome!” called Souta, as he ran out the door to the small shack containing the sacred well.
 
“Souta, wait up! You know we're not supposed to be in here without mom or grandpa.” She said as she followed him into the dark building.
 
“I know but this is the only place grandpa wont look for his birthday present. You know how he is, while were at the beach he'll tear the place apart looking for It.” He walked over to the well and look down. “Wow Kagome it sure is dark down there, come take a look.”
 
She walked over and stood next to her younger brother. “Yeah, I would hate to go down there without a flashlight or something, ever.”
 
“What are you to doing in there?” asked a voice from behind them.
 
“Oh grandpa,” Souta said quickly dropping the present down into the well. “We were just paying our respects. Weren't we sis?”
 
“Yup and now were done, sorry we went in here without your permission.”
 
Grandpa gave them a suspicious glance, and then smiled.” I'm so happy that you two are finally coming to appreciate this. Now do you guys still think I'm so crazy?”
 
“Yup.” They answered in unison, and walk out. As they reached the house Kagome stopped him.
 
“So much for your plan, are we going to hide the gift now?”
 
“Ah, Kagome, that may not be the only problem.” She gave him a menacing gaze.
 
“What do you mean?
“Ah, you see when grandpa came in and surprised us; I sorta, kinda, dropped the present down into the well.”
“YOU WHAT!” she yelled so loud that birds came flying out of the near by tree.
 
“Sis, do you have to yell so loud? It was an accident; you can always go down there and get it back.”
 
“What do you mean I can always go down there and get it back? What's wrong with you?”
 
He looked down at his feet, his face turning redder, and redder than he quietly admitted. “I'm…I'm afraid of the dark and the well is just creepy, with or without a flash light.”
 
She looked down at her little brother, it really is hard to stay mad at him, and especially because she knew that it took a lot of guts for a third grader to admit that he is still afraid of the dark even to his older sister.
 
“Fine tonight when grandpa goes to bed we'll go out here and get the present from inside the well. But you're getting the stuff ready.”
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
“Ok gramps is asleep. We can go out now.”
Souta nodded his head, “I'll go tell mom were going outside for a little while so she knows and doesn't worry. You can go a head, I'll be right there.”
 
Kagome walked out to the small shrine. For a summer night it was kind of cool out, she pulled the sweater closer to herself, as the wind played with her hair making it dance all over the place, also whipping it to her face.
 
`It's kind of creepy out here; everything seems different, like there is another person here, another being.' She turned around. “Souta?” No answer. “ Ok Souta I know your there. Come out now, this isn't funny.”
 
She heard a creak, and then saw a small figure moving towards her and then it was gone back into the shadows again. She backed against the well.
 
“BOO!” came a voice form behind her. She jumped and turned around. There across the well was Souta wearing his old Halloween mask, the one that is supposed to be the great dog demon what's his name.
 
“Souta don't do that!”
 
“I scared ya didn't I? But how did you know I was here, I was being so quiet, I didn't make a single sound.”
“I don't know I felt it, I guess.” She shrugged her shoulders.” Were is the flashlight?”
 
He held up his hand and passed her a red flashlight. She clicked it on and peered down the well.
 
“I can see the present. Just do me a favor next time you get the brilliant idea to hide a gift in here, stay clear off the well. This is the only time I'm ever going to come down here.”
 
She climbed over and put her foot on the ancient wood ladder. And started to descend, right before her head disappeared she said one last thing. “If there are bugs down here you die.” And her head disappeared.
 
Souta looked over the side and watch his older sister slowly climb down.
 
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” she screamed.
 
“Sis! Sis what is it? Are you ok?” he frantically called down to her.
 
“Yah, but there is a huge spider down here and its coming closer and closer.”
She moved as far as she could to the left of the ladder. One foot was on and the other was hanging off.
 
CRACK. The old wood underneath her foot crack and soon gave way, sending her down towards the hard ground five feet away.
 
“SOUTA HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed as she fell.
* * * * * * * * * * *
NOTE: I actually wrote this before “caught” so I have 2 chapters done and almost done with the 3rd one…… so tell me what you think