InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only When It Rains ❯ A Kiss Of Fear ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


The school day for Kagome had already started out bad. Forgetting her books, and bringing her dirty laundry was bad as it was. However it was her class with Mr. Watanabe that seemed be the most eventful of her day.


The old man hated her, she was sure of it. The teacher never treated any of his other students with such a spite. It appared to her that he enjoyed making her look like a idoit.

'What a way to get kicks.' She thought bitterly.

She dreaded the moment she stepped foot into his class, and loved life the second the school bell chimed, dismissing her.

The raven haired woman walked into the room, placing her bag and books on the desk. Pulling out her chair she sat down and rubbed her temples, trying to collect her thoughts.

She wished she was back home, with InuYasha. She wondered what he was doing.

'Please InuYasha- Stay out of trouble...'

By dinner time, she would be back in the fuedal era, her friends surronding her, Sango would be more than egar to hear her story. Normally fight between InuYasha and herself lasted only a day or two. She would have much to tell the demon slayer.

In a way, the girl had hoped things would change between InuYasha and herself. In their own way it had. She touched him more often, hugs of gratitude, holding of hands- Which in its own was something to be thankful for. Never before would she just touch him of her own free will, simply because.

But that was not the change she had wanted.

She wanted their kiss to be acknowlaged. She wanted to hear him say he enjoyed it, that he wanted it to happen again.

He had given her signs, yes, but shyness always seemed to over take him. It was maddening, but the girl could not help but smile at it.


"Kagome!"


Suddenly the raven haired beauty was hurled out of her thoughts and into reality.


"Hi Eri." She stated.

"Your in school today! I cant believe it, you've been in so much lately."

"Yeah- Neither can I. But here I am!" She smiled at her kind friend.


"So does this mean your feeling better?"


"A little. Im sure I'll feel better once I go home and rest."



"Mhm!" the girl said in agreement. "Wont we all."


The bells chimed and Eri took her seat. Inwardly Kagome whined. 45 minutes of Mr. Watanabe picking on her.


As the professior entered the room, Kagome noticed that he was not alone. A young man followed behind him, nodding every so often in response to what the teacher said.

"Good morning class." Mr. Watanabe said, his tone strangely pleasnt.

"Good morning Mr. Watanabe." They said in unison.

"Class- This is Mr. Tanaka. He is a student teacher, and will be taking over the class for the next two and a half months. You will treat him respect- as you treat me."

"Good moring Mr. Tanaka." The said


"Morning." Was all that came out shyly.


Kagome studied the features of her new teacher. He was attractive in his own way. He had beautiful black hair, all of which was neatly tied back in a loose pony tail. The man looked of about twenty three and had stromy blue eyes. They were the most amazing color she had ever seen-

'Second. Nothing beats InuYashas amber eyes.'



He had a slim figure, although from his tight clothing she could tell he was heavily toned. In the back of her mind Kagome heard some one calling her name.

"Higurashi?" It called. "Higurashi?"

Suddenly Kagome felt some thing tap her arm. She looked over to Eri giving her a puzzling look.

"Ms. Higurashi! Answer him."


Suddenly Kagome snapped her neck towards Mr. Watanabes direction. He wore an angered look upon his face, his lips pressed into a thin, bitter line.

"Yes?" She asked, nervousness apparent in her tone.


"Why did you not answer Mr. Tanaka during his roll call?"

"Im sorry. I-"



"Detention! I am sick of this Ms. Higurashi."


He wrote out a slip and left it on the desk.


"She is a bad one." The old man started to the student teacher. "Always late, that is if she even shows up."

Mr. Tanaka shot his eyes on Kagome, whos face was red from both embarresment and anger. His eyes skmimmed her tiny frame as the chatter of the teacher continued.

This new student of his was beautiful indeed. Her black hair looked silky, and her eyes were large from the unshed tears she was holding back.

Suddenly the teacher looked at the clock, and with a start began to pick up his things.

"I leave the class to you." And with that, Mr. Watanabe left.



Kagome could tell that right from the start she was going to enjoy having Mr. Tanaka as a teacher. He seemed kind, and willing. The complete oposite of that old hag.


"Well class. I'll start off by telling you a little about myself. My name is Mr. Tanaka, but you may call me Kisho, or Mr. T. What ever you prefer. Im hoping that during the next two and a half months we will all get to know each other better."


His eyes shifted to Kagome.

She blushed, but gave a smile. Hers was a contagious smile, and in doing so, Kisho did the same.

"Okay- Open your booka to chapter 5..."-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Isnt he just the best Kagome?!" Eri practically screamed with exceitment. "And hes so cute too!"

"He seems really nice." She offered.

Her head was swimming with rage. Mr. Watanabe was t he most infuriatting man alive.

After a short talk, they left the class room, and met up with their other friends.

"Kagome! Hojo has been looking for you every where!" Yuko exclaimed.

"Really?" She asked in amazment. Why would he be looking for her?

After all, he had witnessed the passonite kiss between her and the hanyou. She had said her apologizes, what else was left.


Yuko looked at her watch in disbelief.

"Oh! We have to get going Kagome. Have fun in detention!"

"Thanks. Bye!" She called off.

As Kagome entered the room that once belonged to Mr. Watanabe, Kisho greeted her with a large smile.

-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--* --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--* --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-

InuYasha looked at the clock with anxity.

She should have been here by now and he was beginning to get worried. The hanyou sttod up and entered the kitchen.

Kagomes mother stood over the sink, her hands in a mound of bubbles washing dishes.

"Is Kagome here yet?" He asked, although he already knew the answer. He would have caught her sweet scent if she was.


The woman turned and smiled.

"No not yet- But soon InuYasha."

"Keh."

"Here." She said, giving the man in crimson a wet dish. "Would you like to help?"

He picked up the plate and a dish towel and began to put his idle hands to work.

'If Kagome is not here soon, Im going to have to go and get her.'

Who was to protect her if some thing attacked? Demons exsisted in both worlds, and with out him being there, how was she to survive. She had no arrows with her, even though he advised that she take them.

Plus, she ahd the Shikon No Tama shards with her. It was like a magnet to demons, pulling them toward her unarmed body.

Doubts and fears began to plague InuYashas mind.

-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-

'It feels so strange to be back here.' She said inwardly as the woman stared down into the page of her book 'And to think I got detention because of that old hag!' She raged. 'Poor InuYasha- Hes probally bored out of his mind'



But with even the mention of his name, her heart began to beat faster and her thoughts flew back to the mpment that their eyes locked and their lips touched. To that one moment where words were not needed and the world disappered.



"Ms. Higurashi?" A voice broke threw interupting her thoughts

Her head jolted up from her book. Empty desks surronded her; The only other soul was her student teacher. She could feel him looking at her, and suddenly she became uncomfortable.

"Yes Mr. Tanaka?"


"Please, come here." He demanded simply.



Kagome pushed out her chair and stood. For a second she just looked at him, then meekly she approched his desk. His eyes were locked on papers scattered upon his desk.


"I have been reviewing your records. You're absent quite frequently." His eyes moving upword toward her.

"I-" She started. How was she to reply?

"Why is that Ms. Higurashi?"

'Oh great, another teacher on my back. I get rid of one and I get another.'


"I-..." She stuttered. "I'm sick."

"Oh?" He asked curiosly. "Sick with what?"

"Uh... Its personal. I'd really rather not say if I didnt have to." She lowered her head for affect.

"Mmm" He said, nodding. Hies eyes peirced into hers. Kagome felt herself bite her lower lip.



"Well Ms. Higurashi-" Suddenly a hand snaked out to touch her own resting upon the desk. "Im always here if you need me."


For a moment longer he held her hand in his own.

"Thank you Mr. Tanaka." Her eyes drifted to the clock "Its been half an hour- May I please go?"

"Ms. Higurashi-" He started, rising from his desk. "What is the rush? Besides you have a few more minutes."

"Mr. Tanaka, I have to get home. Inu-" She cut her self off "My mother is probally worried about me."


"Mr. Watanabe said you dont come to school often. Will you be in tommorrow?"

"I dont know sir. It depends on how I feel."

A smile came to his lips.

"Its a wonder you have some clue whats going on in class. Your work has really fallen behind so it seems."

"I try to keep up Mr. Tanaka. Really I do."

"But your best isnt good enough, is it? There seems to only be one way for you to pass-"

Kagome backed up a little, as she watched as the space between them started to disapper. She jerked her head to the hall way only to see that it too was deserted.

"And thats if I let you." She could feel his hot breath on her.

"Mr. Tanaka- I really have to get going-"

"Nonsense." he said, throwing her objection away.


Suddenly Kagome felt her heart beat faster, as his lips slashed over hers in a hungry kiss. She thrust her hands to his chest as she tried to push away.

"Get off of me!" She yelled as she jerked her head to the side. Fear swelled up inside of her with every passing second.

"Quite!" He demanded. As he lowered his head once more, as Kagome struggled, Mr. Tanaka felt a hand on his shoulders as it thrust him away.


"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" InuYasha's voice was filled with rage. "WELL?!" His eyes were tinted faintly crimson.


"I- Uh.."


The hanyous arm pushed him aside as he grabbed Kagome's sleeve and pulled her toward him. He pressed her close to his chest, his arm around her waist.



The other was on he handle of his sword.


'InuYasha...'


"Who are you." He snarled.


"I.. I... I..." He stammered. "Im Tanaka..."

"You hurt her. I'll kill you you fucking bastard. You-" His tone low, yet fearsome."InuYasha! Dont-"


"Be quite Kagome. He deserves to die." His hand moved from his sword to the mans collar in a second flat.

"InuYasha!" she tried once more.

He turned his head too look into her eyes. They were silently pleading.

"You touch her again, and you wont be so lucky next time." He said, as he threw the teacher to the ground.


"Lets go Kagome." In response she just nodded, as he grabbed her by the hand leading her out of the room.

He was going crazy. His demon instincts were raging. That man had touched his woman. He had put his hands on her- and for that, according to demon law- deserved the death penilty.

They walked in silecne until they left the school. The hanyou could smell the salt of her tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Get on my back." He stated. Nodding she did just that. Kagome wrapped her legs around him, and held onto his shoulders tightly. Leaning her head against his back.


It was oddly calming, having her hold onto him. He put his hands on her legs and began to run.

"How did you find me?" Her voice was low. Quite.

"Your mother said you should have been home by now. So I went to get you." There was a sadness in his tone.



"Kagome what happened?"



She swallowed hard, pushing back the lump in her throat as InuYasha leaped from tree to tree.

"I dont want to talk about it right now, okay?"

"Okay."

InuYasha ran until he made it to her house. Some where along the way he had felt her body go limp from sleep. He had stopped, gentally letting her down, only to pick her up bridal style.


Whe he arrived, her mother was in shock. He carried her up to her room, placing her on her bed.

-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-- *--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-- *--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-

The raven haired woman blinked open sleepy eyes. When had she gone to her room? How long had she been asleep?

She turned her head to see the clock, but instead, her eyes caught the figure of InuYasha on the edge of her bed. His amber pools staring intensly at her.



"Inu... Yasha..."

"Kagome!" he said, moving toward her. "Are you okay?"

She nodded, then sat up. The hanyou took a seat next to her, his eyes never leaving her once.

"Kagome... What happened?"

She bit back her lower lip as she mentally recalled the story.

"I- I had detention... and Mr. Tanaka he... he kissed me... I tried to stop him but-"

Before she knew it InuYasha had swept her up into his lap, holding her small frame aginst his chest.

"I dont know what would have happened if you hadn't shown up..."

"Hes lucky hes alive."

The miko wraped her small arms around him, and she began to cry uncontrolablly.

InuYasha had never seen her cry like this. It frightened him the way the tears endlessly came, and he wondered for a bried moment if they would ever stop. All he could do was hold her closer to him.


He stroked the back of her head lovingly trying to calm her.

"He wont ever touch you again Kagome. I promise."


"Thanks InuYasha." she sniffled, as she slowly released him, only to lock eyes with him.

InuYasha felt her arms loosen around him, and he mourned her warmth. She looked deeply into his eyes, and slowly, the space between them no longer exsisted.

He held her close as they explored each others mouths, as a war between their tounges began.

After a few moments they broke away from one another, still caught up in their moment. They layed together until sleep claimed them, bringing them into a new day.
-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-

"Kagome! Your going to be late for school!" Her mother called up to her. The hanyou awoke to the shouts. Feeling an odd warmth, he looked over to see the peaceful face of Kagome. She was lost in a dream, and obviously a good one.


It felt so good, so right to be lying next to her. Nothing in the world had ever felt more natural. He snaked a hand out, draping it over her stomache. He fell into a light sleep listening to the patterns of her breathing.
He never wanted to let her go.-*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*-A/N;;Sorry for taking so long! >.<; =/ Not the best- but its good enough, hehe ^-^; More to come soon!Comments make me happy!