InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Opposites ❯ Twins ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: I do not own Inuyasha. I don't own anything. Hey, I don't even own myself! This is my sixth fanfic. My Japanese sucks, but oh well, deal with it. I'm in a horrible mood. Mistaken Betrayal didn't get too many reviews, so I take it that mm.org didn't like it. So…I'm, trying this one.
 
Chapter 1: Twins
Cries echoed through the village. Sweat trickled down the young miko's face. Her black hair plastered to her face, hands clenched. Lying on a cot, the young girl struggled through labor. The midwife coaxed the panicking maiden to push harder. The miko's tears streamed down her face. Her water broke six hours ago. Her baby was going to die if it did not enter the world soon. She felt faint. Her energy was almost spent. With one last push, she fell back exhausted. The midwife lifted her child, no, children up. She had been carrying twins! As the twins breathed their first breath, one let out a complaining cry as the other just remained silent. They were cleaned off, swathed in blankets, and handed to their mother. The midwife twisted her fingers nervously. Why had there been only one indignant cry?
The miko held her children close, gazing lovingly at them. One of them continued to cry as the other stared at their surroundings. As the young mother looked into the eyes of her crying child, she felt a twinge of power. This child was a miko as well. She smiled. Then she turned her head to study her other child. The one who had not let out a peep. As her eyes locked with those of the infant, she felt a rush of power so strong that she gasped in surprise. Those small, infant eyes held so much compassion, strength, intelligence, and power. She studied her two children. Both had her black hair and dark brown eyes. She smiled. Her husband would have been overjoyed to see their children.
 
A year later.
 
“Be careful you two! Don't venture too far!” the miko called to her children. She sat in a rocking chair reminiscing.
 
Flashback: “No! Don't hurt him! Please I beg of you!” Tears ran down her pretty face.
“Koibito! (Is that right?::puzzled::) Run! Get away from here! I'll join you in a moment!”
“I'm not going to leave you!”
“Go! Now! Keep our child safe! If you die, so will our unborn child! Run koibito!”
The sobbing girl ran reluctantly and hid behind a rock. When she lifted her head to see, she screamed. The youkai ran a spear right through him. His body lay limp. Then the youkai disappeared with the body.
“No! Koi! No!” She collapsed onto the ground shaking with sobs.
End Flashback
 
The rays of the sun danced softly on her one-year-old children. Her child that had cried as she breathed her first breath had always wanted attention. The other child however, sat in the shadows, accepting her sisters' need for attention. Later that night, she put her children to bed. As she stepped outside, she attempted to scream. Before she could utter a sound, the youkai got her. She fell lifeless to the ground. The youkai left, its task finally complete. Inside, one child wailed as the other cried silently, trying to comfort her sister.
 
A/N: Hopefully, this one will interest more people than Mistaken Betrayal. PLEASE REVIEW!