InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ordinary ❯ Workout ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Alright guys I guess I lied; there's no song lyrics in this chapter. Anyways I would just like to announce that I am now the proud owner of Three Days Grace's new CD One X, and It. Is. Amazing! Anyways I would also like to let you know that I'm working on some new things, I have a good one shot in my head for a Tohru Hatori fan fiction, that's fruits basket, and a good one shot for Tohru and Akito but I also have many that I want to start for Sesshomaru Kagome. Help me decided guys…should I do my one shots or shouldn't I? On with the chapter.
 
Kagome sat on the room given to her. InuTashio had made her a room in the basement, where the pool and the gym were. He had been working on it in hopes she would move in, and now she was.
 
Kagome sighed; she hadn't wanted to move in she felt so…so needy. And she hated it, she could work, she could get her rent, and of course pass out from stress once and a while.
 
All that kept running through her head as she looked around her new room that was painted blue and purple was that spark that she had caught in Sesshomaru's eyes.
 
She didn't know what it was but something was there.
 
Dinner had long since past, it was nearing ten thirty at night but Kagome just couldn't sleep.
 
She opened the dresser in her room to see the few sets of cloths she had left there.
 
She picked up a pair of shorts and a tank top and changed into them.
 
She headed to the gym, working out always helped her think things through.
 
She started to stretch and do slow acrobatics on the ground before she went to the treadmill to do a nice run.
 
She put it on a medium high setting with a slope and started to run. She ran for fifteen minutes before she got off and did fifty push up followed by fifty sit ups.
 
She decided to cool down with a progressive decreasing run.
 
She didn't notice anyone else in the room till she saw Sesshomaru get on the other treadmill beside hers.
 
Just seeing him gave her more energy, for some reason.
 
She switched the setting from decreasing to increasing speed and slope.
 
Sesshomaru watched the female beside him from the corner of his eye.
 
What was so fascinating about this particular girl? Why did she catch his interest? And, how, did she keep up with the treadmill? She looked at thought she would break under pressure, yet here she was, running beside him at the same speed.
 
“Perhaps you should slow down, you were ill earlier.” Sesshomaru announced.
 
Now that was one thing Kagome hated, when people would tell her she should do something because of something that happened before.
 
She stopped the treadmill abruptly and got off, walking out of the gym and into her room.
 
Sesshomaru was still running but at a slower pace when she came back, with headphones on.
 
He was thoroughly surprised when she got back on and started running without a glance his way.
 
She stopped running about a half hour later when he was in the middle of lifting weights.
 
She lay down on the ground, panting, gaining his attention in the process.
 
Kagome was tired; she hadn't pushed herself so hard in a long, long, while.
 
She felt so alive and so energetic at the same time she felt like she could barely move.
 
`Adrenaline sucks sometimes.' She thought, checking her pulse.
 
She had her eyes closed but she knew he was looking at her. And he knew she knew he was looking at her. And she knew that he knew that she knew he was looking at her. Yet he didn't stop looking at her until she got up, wobbling slightly.
 
She cast a glance at Sesshomaru who was just finishing his weights. He was sweating, but Kagome liked it. For some reason she couldn't rip her eyes away from his sweaty body. She could see his six pack through his sweat soaked shirt that clung to him.
 
What Kagome didn't notice is that Sesshomaru was looking at her. She was looking at her body, her toned abdomen and her sweaty demeanor. Some women hated sweat yet it seemed she would push herself to it.
 
Kagome started walking out to take a shower and get herself ready for bed.
 
“Night Sesshomaru.” She called as she left.
 
There was a bathroom downstairs with a bathtub and a shower.
 
Kagome stripped off her sweaty cloths and turned on the shower to a nice hot temperature. She stepped in a let the water cascade down her body. Its hot, sensational nature relieved her of some stress and she sighed.
 
Already the bathroom was getting steamed up because to Kagome hot wasn't hot unless steam came from the water. She hated being cold.
 
She washed her hair and her body before she stepped out. As soon as the shower was open it was as if someone had turned the bathroom into a sauna.
 
She opened the door to the hallway, letting steam out, and quickly, quietly, sneaked to her room in a towel.
 
Sesshomaru was just ending his work out was he saw Kagome sneaking by in a towel that was clinging to her body.
 
He groaned.
 
“Damn wench.” He muttered, taking a towel and wiping his neck.
 
Kagome reached her room and closed the door to find InuYasha sitting on her bed with the math homework.
 
“InuYasha!” Kagome yelled.
 
“Ah, get some cloths on!” InuYasha yelled back.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes in exasperation and quickly slipped into some pajamas, when InuYasha's back was turned.
 
“What do you want?” Kagome asked him, yawning.
 
“I need help on this math question.” He told her.
 
Kagome was lying on her bed.
 
“Ask your brother.” Kagome yawned, already drifting into a world of sleepy dreams.
 
“Kagome.” InuYasha tried but she was already out.
 
He sighed and pulled the covers out from under her and put them on her. She snuggled into them and he smiled.
 
He turned off her light and slipped out of her room, closing the door.
 
He wouldn't ask Sesshomaru for help, he'd just copy her homework tomorrow.
 
He walked back upstairs and found Sesshomaru drinking a glass of water in the kitchen.
 
“So, she will really be staying with us then?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Yeah, it's not like she's hurting anyone by being here.” InuYasha told him.
 
Sesshomaru said nothing but begged to differ. She was hurting him, in a good way that he dubbed bad. Never had given into desire and he would be damned if he would give into the best friend of his brother.
 
He left without a word to his brother and soon enough the whole house was in a deep sleep.
 
Kagome was the first one up the next morning. She groggily walked upstairs to the kitchen where she noted the time was six.
 
“Wow, nice going Kagome, you don't have to be up at six anymore.” She mumbled to herself.
 
She opened the fridge and poured herself a glass of orange juice.
 
Now that she was awake she knew that everyone was up by seven in the house so she waited until quarter to seven to start breakfast.
 
“Mmm what smells good?” InuYasha asked sleepily as he sat at the table.
 
“Bacon, eggs and toast.” Kagome told him, setting a plate in front of him, much to his delight.
 
InuTashio came in next with a joyful expression on his face.
 
“It's lovely Kagome, you should have moved in before.” He joked.
 
Sesshomaru came in last, already dressed and already with his cold demeanor.
 
He sat down and a plate appeared in front of him. He was surprised he hadn't expected breakfast.
 
Kagome started cleaning up.
 
“Kagome, aren't you going to eat?” InuYasha asked her, eating his food.
 
“No, I'm not a breakfast person.” Kagome told him.
 
“Then why did you cook breakfast for us?” Sesshomaru asked her coolly.
 
“Well there's not much to do at six thirty in the morning.” Kagome replied, putting away the dishes she had just washed. “And, there's only a bit of orange juice left so you'll need to go shopping soon.”
 
“Will you be here for dinner because I think you're the best cook here.” InuTashio voiced.
 
“Actually, tonight I'm going to Sango's till late.” Kagome told him. “With the money you enclosed for the band payment and decorations I'm going to buy a few things for this Saturday and Sango's helping me.”
 
InuYasha grunted when he heard the mention of Saturday.
 
“Are either of your two bringing dates?” InuTashio asked his boys.
 
“No father.” Sesshomaru told him.
 
“Nope.” InuYasha replied.
 
“What about that girl you brought last time.” InuTashio asked.
 
“She's to busy getting pregnant.” Kagome said with a bite before she realized the rest of the occupants in the kitchen were looking at her. “Sorry, not a big fan of hers.”
 
InuTashio chuckled and looked at the clock.
 
“It's almost time for you guys to go.” InuTashio sighed, noting it was close to seven thirty, when they left.
 
Kagome nodded and was gone, back down to her room, in the blink of an eye.
 
She came up dressed in her school attire and had a little make up on with her bag.
 
The two boys exited the house exited the house.
 
“Hey Sesshomaru, I'm driving.” InuYasha called.
 
“Uhh Inu…can I borrow your car for tonight?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes, you may, there's the spare car in the garage now. It was InuYasha's but he didn't want it.” Inu told her, giving her the keys.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome replied, hugging him and exiting the house.
 
“Hey Kagome get in.” InuYasha called from the passenger seat, obviously losing the driving battle.
 
“No way, I'm driving your dad's car.” Kagome replied, getting into InuTashio's black mustang.
 
“Not fair!” InuYasha yelled as she backed out of the driveway.
 
She took off, knowing how fast the car could reach its higher speeds.
 
The two cars met a stop light.
 
“Hey Kagome, ten bucks says we get there first.” InuYasha called, Sesshomaru just sitting calmly.
 
“You're on, I need ten bucks for lunch anyways.” Kagome replied.
 
The light turned green and Kagome turned let while Sesshomaru went straight.
 
Kagome turned onto a back road where the speed limit was `at your own caution'.
 
Kagome loved to drive fast and soon had the mustang doing a nice one twenty. No one else was on the road; it was usually used at night for drag racing.
 
It took her seven minutes to whip down the no stops road before she turned back onto the road to the school.
 
She pulled into her regular spot and waiting a minute for InuYasha to show up.
 
“Damn, how fast did you go?” He raged.
 
“One twenty, now cough up the cash.” Kagome replied, grabbing her ten dollars from the mumbling InuYasha.
 
She caught sight of Sesshomaru whose stoic face seemed a little lightened.
 
Kagome bounced into school while InuYasha trailed behind her mumbling.
 
Sango was waiting at her locker.
 
“You seem happy, what happened?” Sango asked.
 
“Oh Sango everything, InuYasha knows I'm a singer, I'm now living at his house and I just got ten bucks for beating them here.” Kagome told her.
 
“Are we still going shopping tonight?” Sango asked with disappointment in her voice, thinking the answer was no.
 
“Yes, of course. Just, now, we don't have to go over board.” Kagome told her best friend who lit up when she heard the news.
 
“Excellent, I'll meet you here after school and we can go to the mall.” Sango announced, heading off to her first class.
 
The day passed quickly, as if father time knew that Kagome wanted to leave to go shopping.
 
As promised Kagome was met at her locker by Sango.
 
“Alright, so are we still going with something short and blue?” Sango asked as they walked out to Kagome's mustang, for the day.
 
Sesshomaru and InuYasha were waiting for her.
 
“Kagome, how late are you going to be out?” InuYasha asked her.
 
“Not long, I just need a dress and a few other things.” Kagome sighed.
 
“Why do you need a new dress anyways?” InuYasha demanded, obviously upset with the fact that his Kagome was going somewhere without him.
 
“I'll be home for dinner, promise. Tell your dad I'll be home early.” Kagome replied, already pulling out of the driveway.
 
Kagome and Sango drove to the mall quickly where Sango practically dragged Kagome to a new dress shop.
 
Kagome looked in the display window of the store and gasped.
 
Oh I'm an evil mastermind. Anything please help me out with figuring out wither or not to do some one shots. I'll update as soon as I can but I am going camping for three days starting Monday and I have to work tomorrow, Saturday July 8, so please be patient. Bye for now.
 
Review Responses
 
Moon Mage Goddess: Thank you, I'm glad you do.
 
Lacas-Crown: Patience, all in good time.
 
Kagome Assassinater: I know I have single handedly brought down the world, ha ha ha glad you enjoyed it.