InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ordinary ❯ Worries and Truths ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hey guys! Welcome back! I'm glad to see that some people are taking some interest. Anyways I just wanted to explain something to you. My computer is very messed up and I'm not able to create new stories on here on my own. I will always have at least one story up but after it's done please be patient on a new one. I'm always working on new things it's just hard what with life. Anyways thank you guys for reading and I hope you like this chapter. I would just like to add that it's not the best chapter and I seem to be taking things along faster than I meant to but I guess we'll see where it goes. Enjoy.
 
Kagome sat in the back of Sesshomaru's Lexus and leaned her head against the window. InuYasha kept looking in the rearview mirror at her.
 
“Hey Kags, you with us?” InuYasha asked her when he didn't get a response from looking at her for a long while.
 
He saw a small head nod but knew something was wrong.
 
Kagome was thinking, well she was also fighting of unconsciousness for some reason.
 
`If I feel like this I won't be able to sing. If I can't sing on Saturday then I'm not going to have enough money for my rent.' Kagome inwardly sighed.
 
Kagome was an orphan. Her mother, father and younger brother had died in a car crash when she was thirteen. She had survived the crash with only a few broken bones and a concussion, as well as the popular case of whiplash you are bound to get when you're in a car crash.
 
Kagome was now seventeen and in grade eleven doing the best she could on what she could do. Singing was her talent; she just liked to keep it to herself. She lived in a small apartment by herself. InuTashio had offered for her to live with them once but Kagome wasn't as close as she was with them back then so she took it as a gesture out of pity, and Kagome didn't need any pity.
 
She felt the car stop and opened her eyes groggily.
 
InuYasha opened her door and helped her out. He helped her into the house and onto the couch in the living room.
 
He turned to go get some aspirin but ran into his father.
 
“What's wrong with Kagome?” He asked his son.
 
“I don't know, she just started feeling like that after lunch.” InuYasha told him.
 
InuYasha turned around to say something to Kagome but she was already in a state of deep sleep/unconsciousness.
 
“Hey, Kags wake up!” InuYasha announced, trying to get her up.
 
“It's alright InuYasha let her sleep it off. I'm getting a big vibe from her that her miko powers are kind of on a fritz.” InuTashio told his son, putting a hand on his sons shoulder.
 
He ushered InuYasha out of the living room and closed the double sliding doors closed with a hidden worried expression on his face for his almost daughter.
 
InuYasha stormed upstairs, obviously pissed off that he couldn't stay with Kagome.
 
“Damn it.” He raged, opening his door and slamming it close.
 
Kagome lay on the couch, drifting in and out of reality and fantasy.
 
“Kagome…oh Kagome you have a fever.”
 
“I'm alright mom, I have to finish this.”
 
“Now you listen to me young lady, you get to bed. Don't worry about finishing it.”
 
“Thanks mom, you're the best.”
 
Memories started to pass Kagome in a great speed, stopping so often to give her a glimpse into the past.
 
“Kagome! Watch out! There's a demon behind you!”
 
“Souta, move.”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Souta!”
 
Kagome started to toss in her sleep.
 
“Come on kids, put on your seatbelts.”
 
“Yes Dad.”
 
“Oh isn't it a lovely…Eric, watch out!”
 
“Dad!”
 
Kagome's body started to shake uncontrollably until she couldn't take it anymore.
 
She opened her eyes.
 
A bright pink light flooded the room, illuminating every corner and every shadow so everything was bathed in light.
 
And then it stopped.
 
InuTashio, followed suite by InuYasha, rushed into the room to find Kagome lying there, looking up at the ceiling in a daze.
 
“Kagome, say something” InuTashio told her, putting his fingers on her neck to check her pulse.
 
“I…I…What?” Kagome asked groggily.
 
“She'll be alright InuYasha. Her body is just under a lot of stress so it needed to let out its power.” InuTashio sighed as Kagome sat up.
 
“Kagome, has something been stressing you out? Is there something wrong? Is someone harassing you?” InuYasha questioned her.
 
“Nothing's wrong, no ones harassing me…I'm just stressed about school and stuff.” Kagome told him.
 
“Are you sure that's all?” InuYasha asked her, his eyes narrow.
 
“Yeah…I'll be alright.” Kagome replied.
 
“That was a lot of power you released, perhaps you should rest some more.” InuTashio suggested.
 
“Alright.” Kagome replied.
 
“Well then, I'll stay down here with you.” InuYasha announced, sitting beside Kagome as soon InuTashio had moved.
 
“I'll go check on dinner, and get you some aspirin Kagome. Don't move around to much, you should be fine soon.” InuTashio told her.
 
InuTashio left with a small smile on his face, knowing that Kagome was alright…for the moment.
 
“Kags, you shouldn't let yourself get so stressed. You know you can tell me anything.” InuYasha told her.
 
“I know but…sometimes I wonder if you want to hear everything.” Kagome sighed, conflicted on telling him about Saturday or just playing the `different girl' act.
 
“Like what Kags?” InuYasha asked her.
 
“Oh, nothing, forget it.” Kagome sighed again.
 
InuYasha eyed her but put his arm around her shoulders anyways.
 
Kagome put her head on his shoulder.
 
She remembered the first time they had sat like that. It was just over a year ago. Kagome had had a crush on him but, now, she couldn't imagine being without her brother image of InuYasha. It was as if her friendship had blossomed into a family without even giving it any water.
 
Kagome smiled at him and hugged up to him as he smiled slightly.
 
He stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head. He had loved her; he still loved her, just in a different way. He loved the way she smiled, and the way she walked and the way she would get so flustered when he would annoy her.
 
“You better be feeling better soon Kags, I'm not going to be able to get that math done without you.” InuYasha joked.
 
Kagome laughed slightly as InuTashio came back with two aspirin and glass of water.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome said, as she moved to sit up fully and took the pills.
 
“They should make you feel somewhat better. Perhaps it would be best if you stayed the night. I know you left some of your cloths here from the other night when you did so it should be fine.” InuTashio told her.
 
“Thanks InuTashio, for everything.” Kagome replied.
 
“Come now Kagome, how many times have I told you, just Inu is fine.” InuTashio chuckled.
 
Sesshomaru made his way into the living room and looked at us.
 
“I see she is feeling better.” Sesshomaru announced coolly.
 
“No thanks to you.” InuYasha huffed, feeling his brother should be more considerate.
 
“Yes well I don't see what the problem was. She seemed fine until I mentioned the party at lunch.” Sesshomaru scoffed, making Kagome choke slightly on the last of the water she was drinking. “See, it seems she has a connection to the party somehow.”
 
“Kagome, how would you be at the party?” InuYasha asked her with a questioning glance.
 
“Umm…” Kagome stuttered. She sighed. “Alright, if you really want to know I'll tell you. Just promise you won't freak out.”
 
“Alright.” InuYasha replied slowly.
 
“Well, I'm the singer for the party.” Kagome told him quickly.
 
“What! Kagome! What! When! How?” InuYasha questioned her.
 
“Calm down InuYasha and let the girl explain.” InuTashio told his son.
 
“Well, I needed money for rent and stuff so I tried to find a job but it's hard to work and keep the GPA that I have so I got a night job, sort of. I'm just with the bands that play at parties and I sing the selections chosen.” Kagome explained.
 
“Why didn't you tell me?” InuYasha asked her, slightly hurt.
 
InuTashio stood up and ushered Sesshomaru out of the room with an accusing glance.
 
“I thought you'd be worried that I had to work to pay rent.” Kagome told him, pleading with her eyes for him to forgive her.
 
“You're damn right! Kagome, you could get hurt doing something like that!” InuYasha told her.
 
“But I don't work often, just once or twice a month and that's enough to pay my rent and the other things I need.” Kagome replied.
 
“Why didn't you just say you we're working something like that? Come on Kags, you know you can always stay here if things get tough.” InuYasha told her.
 
“I know but…but it's hard. I should be able to live on my own. Other people do it.” Kagome sighed.
 
“But you're not other people you're you and you have somewhere to go available to you.” InuYasha told her.
 
“But…” Kagome started but was cut off.
 
“No buts, you're going to come stay here and quit that job after this party.” InuYasha instructed her.
 
As much as she hated being bossed around her felt persuaded and agreed.
 
All of a sudden the doors to the living room opened with a smiling InuTashio and a solemn Sesshomaru looking in.
 
“Now there you go Kagome.” InuTashio announced.
 
He had secretly wanted to move in for a long time.
 
Kagome smiled and thought as InuYasha and InuTashio started making arrangements for her.
 
`Oh boy, this should be interesting.'
 
She looked up and caught the deep molten eyes of Sesshomaru and she saw something.
 
She saw a spark in his usually cold eyes.
 
Oh no, Sesshomaru's showing emotion, or is that a good thing? As I said in the beginning segment, thing, this chapter wasn't my best but I promise that I will make this work. Anyways for the party I would just like to forewarn you that there will be song lyrics in the next chapter. Thanks for reading I'll update soon.
 
Review Responses
 
kagxsess: Thank you I'm glad you like it.
 
sweetangelkags: Thank you as well I'm glad to know you like it.