InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Closet, Into the Light ❯ The date?? ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 6

For the past week, Kouga has noticed that Inuyasha has been disturbingly quiet. up. This whole week he's been...distant. We usually talk during class but since he's so quiet I actually pay attention' he thought. Kouga looks at Inuyasha at the corner of his eye.
that Kagome and I aren't dating, maybe I should tell Kouga how I feel.' Inuyasha looks over to Kouga, who is staring at him. Kouga gives Inuyasha a small smile.
class, Kouga decides to ask Inuyasha what was bothering him.
what's up with you? You seemed really spaced out all this week."
nothing. I was just thinking" he answered. it's the weekend. Don't need to think till Monday. Why don't we hang out this weekend?" 'Please say yes' Kouga thought.
What time?" 'Is he asking me out?' Inuyasha's thoughts ran wild as he tried to contain his curiosity. about now? If you want, you can drop off your stuff at my place and from there we can head to the mall." Let's go!" 'Maybe I said that too eagerly.' Inuyasha thought. They head towards Kouga's car in the parking lot. car." "Thanks. My dad got it for me for my birthday." Kouga said. my father gave me was scars' thought Inuyasha. "You're lucky." Kouga turns his head towards Inuyasha, sensing the sadness in his voice. I'm lucky to have him." Inuyasha gave Kouga a confused look. They get inside the car, Kouga turns on the engine, and drives off. what did you mean by that?" Kouga answered his question with a question. know Sora and I aren't really related, right?" caught Inuyasha attention. "No. You two aren't brother and sister?" Kouga glanced at Inuyasha and averted his eyes back towards the road. biologically no, but legally we are. Sora's father adopted me when I was ten." Inuyasha was dumbfounded by the information he just learned. must have had a rough life" Inuyasha looked at Kouga's face and noticed the anguish on it. Kouga just nodded, then his features softened. surprised I made it this far in life. I would have never thought I'd go to college." made you change your mind?" Inuyasha asked. want to be a history teacher" he anwered. least you know what you want" Inuyasha said. They come to a red light. Kouga puts his hand on Inuyasha's shoulder. Inuyasha turns to Kouga, surprised by this gesture. sure you'll figure out something. Just go with your heart." Inuyasha just nodded, blushing ever so slightly. he do that? Not that I didn't enjoy it...' Inuyasha thought. Kouga returns his hand to the stirring wheel. The light turns green and they continue driving. cute when he blushes' Kouga thought as he smiles to himself. There is a short pause before Inuyasha speaks. can't believe Sora is dating my brother." found out last week that Sesshoumaru was Inuyasha's older brother when Kouga and Inuyasha were at her condo studying. Sesshoumaru was picking her up for their date, and Sora wanted help picking out what to wear. Not much studying wasa done. It was a weird coincidence. He couldn't believe it either, and neither did Sora. It just gave her more motivation to hook-up her older brother with Sesshoumaru's younger brother. he asked, getting back to Inuyasha's statement. can be a bit...frigid at times." Sora seems to like him alot. I don't think I've her this happy...besides the times Dad takes her shopping." Inuyasha chuckles. there's hope for him after all."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arrives at the apartment
whole apartment is cleaner than my one room" Inuyasha said, looking around. try to keep it as clean as possible." you should clean my apartment." Kouga smirks at his remark. could, but if it's as bad as you say then you'll havae to pay me." fair. Where should I leave my stuff?" Inuyasha asked. is fine. Let me check my messages and then we'll go, k?" Inuyasha nods in agreement. As Kouga heads to his room, Inuyasha puts his books beside the couch and sits down. yawn escapes his mouth. "I need to get more sleep." He closes his eyes for a small rest, but doesn't hear Kouga come in. like I'm not popular today. Ready to g-" Kouga's sentence was cut off as he looks down at a sleeping Inuyasha. looks beautiful when he sleeps. We can go to the mall some other time' Kouga thought to himself. heads towards a closet and pulls out a blanket. He walks back towards Inuyasha and sets the blanket on the arm of the couch. He adjusts Inuyasha's feet onto the couch and takes the blanket and covers him with it. He continues to observe the sleeping face of his infatuation. only you knew...' Kouga takes a shakey hand and gently strokes Inuyasha's face, causing him to stir. Kouga gave a small smile and stood up from his kneeling position. He walked over to his recliner, leaned back and watched tv.