InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sightless in Seattle ❯ Sleepless in Seattle ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sleepless in Seattle

Kagome woke up as usual in her apartment, on the edge of Seattle. She worked as an adviser, to the owner of Shikon Industries, she was a major asset to her company, and she was up for a promo any week now. All her life she was told she could do anything she set her mind to, that is… until she went blind.

Kagome was 25 now and when she was about 7 years old she was in a car crash with her father in the car at the time. He died and she was left blind, after battery acid leaked into the car, and dripped upon poor unconscious Kagome's eyes.

Kagome's mother was devastated, and was carrying Sota at the time, that's when she found Inuyasha. Young Kagome opened the door one day to find a dog. He was a great companion to young Kagome, and when he began to do things for her, she realized he was special. She figured he must have been a Seeing Eye dog and she kept him. And from that day on she was never lonely again.

Kagome's hand went to her side, to find that once again Inuyasha had slept with her. She grumbled irritated, she had told him he wasn't suppose to sleep on the bed. The couch was his, and the bed was hers, but the dog insisted upon staying with her.

Her irritations subsided, as the dog opened his golden eyes and whined pitifully back at her grunt of dismay. She could never resist him, so she smiled back. She placed a hand on his smooth white head, and stroked it.

Even though she could not see him she could practically feel him, and everything he did. She crawled out of bed and went to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and felt for the label that in brail read, "Dog Food".

She had made labels and put them on practically everything. She was not rich, but she was definitely not poor, being a big time consultant paid well, and the best part was it contained almost no reading necessary, because she was blind, all the things she needed to do were put on her memo machine, not only that but she could type perfectly.

She opened it and set it on the ground for her beloved pet. She then began preparing her own food.

The white dog slowly sauntered into the room and looked at the dog food with a side ways glance, and then he wolfed it down, disdainfully. Kagome herself was eating 2 pieces of toast while she wistfully played with her shades. She didn't like wearing them but somewhere offended at the sight of her pale blue irises, so she kept them on.

She got up put the dishes in the sink, whilst Inuyasha picked his own dish up with his teeth and set it in the trashcan and waited patiently by the door, as his mistress got dressed.

Kagome approached her closet and felt out for her blouse, and black skirt to wear, after brushing her teeth and doing the routine

. She picked some other things out and after supplying her wallet with new tens twenties and one hundreds, she picked up her brief case and walked to the door. She felt for the harness and picked it up then put it on Inuyasha, and with a quick stroke to his head she set off for work. Luckily, she was close to the huge building, and could easily walk the distance with Inuyasha's aid.

She walked down to the elevator and stopped, Inuyasha was growling. That could only mean one thing.

"Koga! Hi", she said caught off guard as his strong cologne offset her senses. He was a nice guy, and she really liked him, but as a friend.

"Kagome, you are as always, looking lovely today", he said flatteringly.

"Ohh, uhh, thank you", she said, as she tried to quiet Inuyasha.

"Kagome, come with me to dinner tonight."

"Koga your just a-"

"A friend I know, and we'll go to dinner, just friends", he tried.

"Well…" she said edgy.

"Please Kagome", he pleaded.

"Well…ok", she said at last, exasperated.

"I'll pick you up at 7:00", he said jogging down the hall.

She sighed and put a comforting hand on inuyasha's head in attempt to quiet the growling dog, for some reason he absolutely hated Koga.

"Looks like your staying home tonight, boy", Kagome said sympathetically, as Inuyasha whined miserably.

"Damn it! We have to go to work or we are going to be late!" and with that she set off to work with a brisk stride.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA OR ANYTHING IN RELATION