InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sparrows in a Hurricane ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Hey, sleepy head! You're going to miss class!" a male voice called, shattering Sesshoumaru's dreamscape. He growled, but it came out as an irritated grunt. "Well, I guess if you're that hell-bent on missing class, then I won't stop you, just wait 'til Miki gets her claws into you." The guy snickered before exiting the room.

Sesshoumaru moved to stand up, but found only one foot reached the floor. Prying open his eyes, he jumped in shock. 'Where the hell has my foot gone?' The initial shock wearing off, his curiosity got the better of him and he felt his leg, which ended about six inches below his knee. Thinking about his predicament for a moment, he decided to ask the other occupant of what he assumed to be a house.

"Where's my foot?" he said, none too quietly.

A hanyou, in his early twenties, poked his head around the doorway. Sesshoumaru assumed this to be the same person from before.

"Something wrong, Tentai?"

"My foot, I can't find it." Sesshoumaru watched the man to observe his reaction 'Best to play dumb for now,' he thought bitterly.

To his surprise, the hanyou smiled, "Silly boy, your foot is right there, attached to your leg. Where did you think it had gone, off to have tea? But, if you mean this foot, then here it is, safe and sound. Never left the room." He reached behind the door, and removed a metal leg.

Sesshoumaru eyed the foot with admiration, whomever crafted it was talented, he would give them that. He took the metal leg with caution.

"Did you forget how to put on your automail again?" he shook his head, "Honestly, little dude, you have the worst cases of amnesia. Keep your head down, though."

'At least I have an excuse for not knowing everything that this person, whom I seem to have become, would know.' Sesshoumaru thought.

"I mean, if Sesshoumaru even knew you existed, he'd slit your throat within the day he found out. That's why we have to be careful who we associate with. It means as much to me as my own life, so don't get yourself into trouble again. I'd have no one to take care of if you got yourself killed, ya know? And I don't think it's in your best interest to go out talking to any old youkai you see. You are barely alive after that last meeting with his servant, so keep out of Sesshoumaru's way. Can you remember all that for long enough so I don't have to go saving your butt again?"

"I suppose..." Sesshoumaru muttered.

"All done! Come on, Atsui's got some bacon on the griddle for us."

Sesshoumaru stood on shaky legs, noticing now that he was barely taller than this hanyou, he realized that he must be about a foot shorter than he had been, but he had to be sure. "Uh, who are you?" he acted stupid as not to alert these people that something was amiss.

"I'm Inuyasha, of course. Who did you think I was?" he ruffled Sesshoumaru's hair playfully, then made a mad dash from the room, calling out behind him, "Can't catch me!"

Sesshoumaru sighed in defeat, knowing that there was no way he could run after Inuyasha, even if he wanted to. His only hope lay behind the kitchen door with the girl he assumed to be their roommate.

"Morning, Tentai-san. Sleep well? I mean before Inuyasha decided to play a joke on you," a small bird youkai stood by a huge skillet, poking some bacon with a fork. Her tail feathers swished as she turned to look at Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru froze. Those silver eyes. They looked just like the little girl's eyes. But this girl was older, it couldn't be the same girl... could it?

Inuyasha skidded into the room and plunked down next to Sesshoumaru, who scoffed at his foolishness. 'Stupid hanyou.' he thought dourly.

"Where were you? I got half-way to the park before I noticed that you weren't following me. What's going on with you today?"

"Nothing of your concern." Sesshoumaru bit out sullenly.

"Fine then, I'll be in there," he pointed to the living room, "if you decide that I'm worthy of your royal attentions."

The bird youkai glared at him. "What do you think you're doing, little prince?" she fluttered over to where he sat, "Inuyasha-san has done nothing but care for you since that witch of a mother of yours cast you out, and this is how you repay him?" the small girl seemed to puff up when she became angry. "I should take you right to your father, then what would you do, huh? He'd kill you on the spot, I'll tell you that."

Sesshoumaru seemed to consider this and what Inuyasha had said before, thinking...

"Do you not remember, little one, that your father is Sesshoumaru?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*cheesy horror music*

HAHAHA!! EVIL CLIFFIE!!

AND OHMIGOSH!! what will he do?

and what kind of strange hybrid youkai is he?

please bear in mind, that this is an AU fic, and in this world youkai and hanyou roam unhidden

it's kinda like feudal Japan, without all the fights!

well, there are still some fights...

anyways...

DID YOU NOT LOVE IT?!

please review!!

~~~Starlett~~~