InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Back, Taking Her ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

YAY!!! I got a review! I'm so happy, I decided to write this chapter real quick. hope y'all like.

Inuyasha charatcers=not mine=stolen for pleasure

remember, I'm trying to prevent OOC-ness, but it might happen.

"..." People talking

`...' People thinking

-...- The other voice in Sessho's mind

Ch. 3

Inuyasha watched as his brother took off into the night, laughing at how easy it was to beat him.

"Looks like your plan was a good one, Kagome." He said.

"I told you. But come with me, I found someone earlier in the forest. She's injured and unconscious; She needs help. I think she's from the future." Kagome turned and ran off into the forest.

"Wait! Get back here wench! What makes you think we're going to help this person? We need to keep looking for the jewel shards!" He called after her. Kagome stopped, turned around, and smiled sweetly. Miroku, Sango and Shippou knew what Inuyasha was in for if he didn't watch himself.

'Uh oh, I don't think I like this look.' Inuyasha thought.

"Inuyasha, if you don't come with me and help the poor girl I found, I promise I will 'Sit' you into next week." She said with sweetness dripping from every syllable. Inuyasha paled.

"Alright, alright wench, I'll help...but this had better not delay us long. Lead the way." He put Kagome on his back and started off in the direction she pointed.

After a few minutes, they reached the place where Kagome had found the girl, but the girl was gone.

"Where's the person you found? Inuyasha asked her.

"She was right here," Kagome indicated a spot on the forest floor, "I know it, see, here's my shampoo and towel."

"Well, she's not here, and we have shards to find, so let's go." Inuyasha made to put Kagome on his back, but she dodged his hand.

"Not until we find her." She said. "She must have woken up and went somewhere. She was bleeding and injured, and couldn't have gotten far. Now I know you can follow scents, so we are not going to stop looking until we find her."

"No way! and why are you so intent on finding her anyways? You don't even know her."

"You don't understand. She's from a future where there are no youkai, and she's from a different country. She probably doesn't even speak our language. I feel that it is my duty to get her back to her time, I wouldn't be able to rest not knowing if she's being attacked by a youkai, knowng I could have helped her. Please, Inuyasha, please."

"Okay, okay...hold on a minute." He bent down, sniffing the ground for a different scent. He found it, and was puzzled by what he'd smelled.

"Did you say this person was a human?" He asked Kagome.

"Yes, I'm sure she was...why?"

"Well, her scent isn't one of a human."

"Oh, well, humans are cleaner in the future Inuyasha."

"No, I know that. I mean she does not smell like a human. See this blood, it is not human blood."

"You mean a demon got to her?" Kagome asked, afraid of the answer.

"No, it is not youkai or hanyou blood either...at least...not any youkai that I've ever smelt."

"What does that mean?"

"Most likely, this `human' you found is a one of a kind youkai whos e demon blood has been bound in one way or another."

"Oh my gosh...we have to find her! Where did she go?"

"Her scent leads this way." Inuyasha led the way, following the scent of this girl Kagome claimed to have found. Unfortunately, he noticed, they were headed onto the Western Lands...his brother's lands. After about thirty minutes of walking, Inuyasha came to an abrupt halt.

"Why did you stop?" Kagome asked.

" Because...this is where the girl's scent stops...and where it meets my brother's."

***************************

Sesshomaru arrived at his home shortly before dawn, and found that none of his servants were awake. `Useless fools.' He growled, causing the sleeping girl in his arms to stir slightly. `Ah well, I'd better find somewhere to put her.'

He walked through his castle, still carrying the girl bridal style and limping slightly because of the arrow wound in his left thigh, and searched for a bedroom that was somewhat ready to be lived in. He was slightly ticked when he found that there was only one room he could put her in that was not currently being used or full of dust, and it was the room that once belonged to his mother. He wasn't about to disgrace her memory by putting a mere human in that room. He sighed.

`I could always put her in Rin's room.'

-No you couldn't, and you know it. This girl needs rest and she is definately not going to get it in Rin's room. Besides, there isn't enough space there for two people.- the voice paused. -You know...you could always put her in your room.-

`And where would I sleep!'

-In your room- The other voice told him with a sly tone.

`I most certainly will not! I have told you over and over again, I am not my father and will not make his mistake. I will just have her sleep on a couch until I can have another room ready.'

-Like that would help her. She needs a bed now, and a healer as well. And anyways, you CAN put her in your mother's old room because this girl is NOT human. So there.-

`Yes she is, can you not see her?'

-Can you not smell her?-

`Yes, but...'

-No "buts" this girl is not human.-

`How do you know.'

-That's for me to know and you to find out. It's in a book somewhere in your library, but I assure you, this is no human, and you can put her in that room without disgracing your mother's memory.-

`But-'

-I already said no "buts". If you don't put her there, I will. Now go.-

Sighing in defeat, Sesshomaru opened the door to his deceased mother's former room and stepped in.

He looked around, remembering all the times he spent here with his mother. As all the memories came flooding back to him, he almost let his facial mask slip...almost.

He walked over to the bed, and gently put the strange, but apparently not human, girl down before leaving to rouse the household and fetch a healer.

************************

Jana woke slowly, light once again beating down upon her face. She sat up, thinking she was at home and in her bed...until she opened her eyes. `Oh...my...God' she thought. `Where am I?'

She looked around her room, trying to take it all in as she searched her memory for how she had gotten here, for she was sure she woul have remembered being put into a room as beautiful as the one she was currently in.

The walls were a dark blue color, but a cheery shade because of the sunlight reflecting from them. It was huge as well, nearly half the size of her house. There were portraits on the walls of a woman with her child that she didn't recognize, and two doors to her left. To her right, she noted , somewhat happily, was a door leading to a balcony. She also noted that the bed was a king size, and covered in silk sheets, blankets and pillows.

A small noise alerted her to a young girl, about six years old, sitting in a chair next to her bed. She said something, but Jana did not understand it until she realized that the girl was speaking Japanese. Thanking her luck that she had learned to speak the language, she asked the girl to please repeat what she had said.

"Rin's name is Rin!" The girl said happily, "Sesshomaru-sama said I could come sit with you if I could be quiet. Sesshomaru-sama also said you would be staying for a while. Will you play with Rin?" Jana smiled at how cute the little girl was.

"Of course I'll play with you Rin, but I have to heal first." She said, suddenly realizing that her nose and ankle didn't hurt as much as they had before. Her attention was once again called to Rin, as the small girl cheered with happiness.

"Yay! Rin will go tell Sesshomaru-sama that you are awake, then he can tell the healer to finish healing you, and then we can play!" With that, the adorable child ran out of the room to find Sesshomaru.

`What a cute kid,' Jana thought. `I wonder how I got here. I hope this Sesshomaru guy can tell me, and maybe help me get home. Jesse...' she thought wistfully. All of her thoughts turned to Jesse, the guy she was in love with back home. She was so into her thoughts, that she didn't even notice someone enter the room until they spoke.

"Rin told me that you woke. What is your name?" Jana's attention once again shifted, only this time to the person addressing her. `Damn...wow,' she thought. He was tall, with very long, silver hair. He was wearing a white haori and hakama, which she guessed hid a muscular body, with a white, fluffy thing draped over his right shoulder. His face was pointed, with two crimson stripes across each pale cheek. Bangs framed his golden orbs, and practically hid the dark blue crescent moon on his forehead. His face was the perfect mask of impassiveness. Jana couldn't believe how hot he was.

"Umm, my name's Jana. Who are you? How did I get here?"

His face didn't change as he answered, "I am Lord Sesshomaru, taiyoukai of the Western Lands. I found you tresspassing and brought you here to my castle. As you see, I have had someone take care of your injuries." Jana looked at her ankle. Sure enough, it was bound in cloth, and the swelling had gone down dramatically.

"You have been asleep for three days. This will be your room while you are here. I have assigned a servant to you, so if you need anything, just ask and they will fetch it. When you are fully healed, you will stay here and be Rin's guardian and caretaker. As such, you will have access to most parts of the castle and gardens." He paused, and Jana took the chance to slip in another question.

"What will my duties be as Rin's guardian?" Sesshomaru looked at her, and she got the feeling he was glaring at her.

"Do not speak, human, I will overlook your insolence this once, but in the future, refrain from interrupting this Sesshomaru. As for your duties, you will watch her, and play with her. If you have anything to teach her, do so. Staring tomorrow, she will spend time here, until you are well enough to walk around.Then, you will watch her wherever she goes, and care for her as a child needs to be taken care of." With that, Sesshomaru turned on his heel and headed to the door. Just as he opened the door and was about to walk through, Jana spoke again.

"Thank you for your help, Lord Sesshomaru."

Sesshomaru paused briefly, then continued on his way.

`Damn, he's hot, and he's really good at hiding his emotions. I wonder why he does. Oh well, I've still got Jesse.' She smiled at the thought. `I hope he's not too worried about me.' As she thought about him, she fell asleep, a smile upon her face.

END CHAPTER

**************************************

Yay! Another chapter done. Please review and tell me what you think.

TwilightAngel: actually, to tell you the truth, Jana is kinda modeled after me, physically. Even down to the ankle problems ^-^ glad you like...thanx for your review!

Ja ne! writer03