InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Back, Taking Her ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hey everyone! I'm back, and guess what, I found a muse! Hehe. And I decided a lot of things plot-wise. Here's chapter 4, if you like, or don't like, tell me, I'd like to know. Also, everything happens for a reason, *hint hint*

"..."People talking (Japanese)

`...'people thinking

-...- the mysterious voice

*...* people talking in English.

Ch. 4

Sesshomaru was standing outside the girl's room.

`Jana, what an odd name.' He thought to himself.

He heard her sigh, then move around a bit. When she stopped, he could hear her breathing slow. She'd fallen back to sleep.

`Wait, why am I standing outside a human's room, listening to her as she falls asleep?'

-Because you do care...awww, how sweet.- The voice answered.

`This Sesshomaru does not care for a human!' He thought/shouted at it. The voice was really getting on his nerves lately.

-I'm only getting on your nerves because there is a prophecy to be fulfilled and worlds to save, and as you have already guessed, that girl in there is extremely instrumental to the saving of said worlds. Now stop moaning and just accept it.-

Sesshomaru was at a loss for words. A voice in the head of the Lord of the Western Lands had just told him to accept that he had a second human living with him. Unbelievable.

-How many times am I going to have to tell you this...SHE IS NOT A HUMAN!!!-

`Then why does she look like one? She does not have the body of neither a youkai nor a hanyou.'

-You'll find out when the time is right. For now, I suggest you go to your library and start reading something...maybe you'll find something interesting.- With that, the voice fell silent, and from what Sesshomaru could tell, the voice had left his head completely.

`The nerve of it, yelling at this Sesshomaru, and then not giving me answers.' It was an extremely pissed off Sesshomaru, hiding behind his mask, that set off for the library, hoping to find the answers to his questions about the girl there.

****************************

Jana woke again, this time to a old woman redressing her ankle.

"Hello." She said.

The woman jumped, pulling Jana's ankle and hurting her a little. She winced.

"Sorry to scare you, I just woke up. Umm, who are you?"

"I am the healer who has been attending to your wounds these past three days. You are healing well, and should be walking again in two days, if you keep healing at the rate you have been." The stranger answered.

Jana was about to say something, when she realized,

`Wait...she just said she'd been tending my injuries for three days. I could not have been unconscious in the woods for more than a day, and I should be walking in two days? Something is not adding up.

"You mean my ankle will most likely be healed in two days?" she asked tentatively. The old woman nodded.

"But, doesn't it usually take weeks for a broken ankle to heal?" Another nod.

"So how can mine be better in two days?"

"I do not know, Miss, but you seem to be healing at an extraordinary rate. I have done all I can for now, and will be back tomorrow. Good-bye."

"Good-bye." She watched as the elderly woman hobbled out of the room, then took some time to sort things out in her mind.

*Okay, * she said to herself, relieved to be talking in English once again, * I remember falling off that tree during the walk, and I remember there not being a path where there should have been. Then, I woke up hurt, and walked for a while before falling asleep. Then I woke up here, and that Sesshomaru guy said he'd brought me here. He claims to be a youkai, and people are speaking Japanese, so I'm definitely in Japan, but how? And why is there no modern anything? And last I heard, youkai were things of legends and myths. God help me, I am so confused. How did I get here? How can I get home?*

She waited for a minute, hoping for an answer, but none came.

*Ah well, I might as well make the best of this. At least there's no more school, and I get to practice my Japanese. Hey, I wonder...* Looking at herself for the first time, Jana noticed that she was still in her own clothes. Reaching into the front pocket of her sweatshirt, she pulled out her CD player, and checked it over to make sure it still worked. Sighing with relief that it not only still worked, but still contained her CD's, she relaxed more.

`I have to pee.' She realized suddenly that she had not relieved herself in days, and was surprised at that. She remembered that there were only two doors that might lead her to a bathroom. Steeling herself against the pain she expected, she slowly put her feet on the floor, one after the other. The she realized that her ankle was not nearly as bad as she thought.

With renewed determination, she set off towards the doors on her left. She opened the one on the left, and saw that it was only a closet. Turning, instead, to the one on her right, she opened it and found a hallway easily as luxurious as her room. Not seeing anyone in either direction, she started walking to the left, hoping to find someone to tell her where the bathroom was.

Jana walked down the hallway for ten minutes, looking at the portraits of various people and trying every door to find the one she wanted. As she opened yet another door, she noticed that this room was a library, with bookshelves and scroll-cubbies against each wall. She looked at it in awe before going to one of the shelves and beginning to browse the books.

`Hmm...it looks like these are all histories.'

She reached the end of the shelf, and decided to read one of the old book. She took the heavy tome down, and began to read the first page. She was concentrating on translating it however, and never noticed someone clear their throat right behind her.

************************

Sesshomaru didn't know what had come over him. The human, Jana, had entered his library without permission and had started to read.

`Imagine, a human, a human woman, knowing how to read. Interesting. She must be from a wealthy family.' He then realized what he was thinking and silently berated himself.

`She has no right to be here reading what is not hers.' He cleared his throat. She ignored him. He was outraged. He couldn't believe the audacity of this woman!

`She dares to ignore this Sesshomaru?' He thought. `She will pay.'

He walked up behind her, grabbed her shoulders and spun her to face him. She dropped the book, shouting something in a language he'd never heard before.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded. She looked flustered for a moment, then bent to pick up the history she had dropped.

"Sorry, Sesshomaru-sama. I was looking for the bathroom, and I found this place. I love to read, Sesshomaru-sama, and I couldn't help it."

Sesshmaru's heart softened a little at the girl's explanation, but neither his expression nor his voice did.

"Leave this room. To the right, and five door down across the hall is the room you are looking for. If you want to read anything, ask first. Never go anywhere without permission. Understand?"

"Yes, Sesshomaru-sama." With that the girl walked back to the door, muttering to herself in English.

*Damn control freak. That guy has serious issues. He needs some professional help. And a manicure, his nails are way too long for a guy.*

Sesshomaru could hear what she said, but understood none of it.

`Does she have mental problems? Or does she know a different language? Maybe I should ask her.' Before he had the chance, though, a delighted squeal could be heard from down the hall.

"Yay! You're all better! Now you can play with Rin!"

Jana turned around and Sesshomaru stared as his young ward flew down the hall and practivally tackled Jana, who, he noted with satisfaction, put her arms around Rin in a protective hug.

"Hey Rin-chan! How have you been today?"

"Rin was good. Rin played with Jaken-sama, and then ate lunch..." Rin stopped suddenly. At the mention of linch, Jana's stomach had growled loud enough fo reveryone to hear.

"You must be hungry." Rin stated. "You need food."

"Rin," Sesshomaru said, "Take Jana-sama down to the kitchen and have cook give her some food. She will be your new mother." He knew how much Rin needed a new mother, and wanted one. Despite the child's happiness, he knew she was always sad when she saw other children with their mothers.

At the moment, Rin looked like she was about to explode with happiness.

"Mommy!' She cried before launching herself into Jana's arms.

"Hai, Rin, I'm your new mommy." Jana didn't know why she agreed to this, or why Sesshomaru thought she'd do it, but she realized she really liked the small girl, and wanted to take care of her.

After Rin let go of her, Jana convinced her to let her go to the bathroom before they leave fo rthe kitchens. As they once again passed the library on their way to a staricase, Jana looked in to find Sesshomaru staring at ehr with an unreadable expression on his face. She just smiled at him and followed Rin, her mouth watering at the prospect of food, and wishing she could just sit down with him and ask all the questions that were running through her mind.

END CHAPTER

************************

Hope you all liked this chapter. Please review, it helps speed along the writing process ;-)

writer03