InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Back, Taking Her ❯ Chapter 5

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Okay, another chapter, and I just want to say that I am very proud of myself. This is my first ever fic that has ever had more than one chapter...YAY!!! Please review, it only takes a minute, and I would greatly appreciate it.

"..." People talking (Japanese)

`...' People thinking

-...- The mysterious voice

*...*People talking in English

Ch. 5

Jana smiled as she watched Rin dash around the garden collecting flowers.

"Here Mommy! I picked flowers for you!" the girl smiled as she handed over the flowers.

"Thank you Rin." She wasn't sure what else to tell the child, she was still a little confused about why she agreed to be her "new mommy". So, since she was at a loss of what to do, she did the first thing she could think of, "Say Rin, would you like to learn how to make necklaces out of the flowers?"

All of a sudden, Rin was right next to her, with a pleading look on her face.

"Could you show me how mommy? Please?" Jana agreed...there was absolutely no way to say no to that face. They spent the entire day sitting in the garden, Jana showing Rin how to weave flowers together, and Rin learning and picking flowers when they ran out.

When they had spent a few hours doing this, Jana decided that, since the little girl was a quick learner, she would teach her something else.

"Rin, do you know how to read or write?" Rin looked at her.

"No, Rin doesn't know how to read or write. No one taught Rin."

"Would you like to learn?"

"Yes! Rin has always wanted to read and write, but no one would teach Rin. Will you teach Rin to read and write?"

"Of course. Why do you think I asked you?"

"Yay! Can we do it now? Pretty please?"

"Sure. I just need to find Sesshomaru-sama. He said I need permission to go into the library. Can you help me find him?"

"Yes! Rin is good at finding people. Come with Rin." The child took Jana's hand and led her back into the palace, absolutely confident in where she was going. Jana had to hand it to the girl, she knew where she was going.

`I still need to ask for directions, and it's been a couple days.' She sighed, and then smiled as Rin led her down another hall.

"Sesshomaru-sama is in the dojo now everyday. In here." She pointed to the door they had stopped in front of. "Rin's not allowed in there. We'll have to wait."

Jana sighed, she didn't really want to wait.

"So Rin, tell me about yourself."

**************************

Inuyasha stopped. He and Kagome had been traveling for about a week, and had finally reached Sesshomaru's palace. Kagome was standing beside him, he could smell her nervousness.

"Don't worry Kagome, there's nothing he can do that will hurt you." She flashed him a grateful smile.

"It's not me I'm worried about." She said.

Inuyasha mentally sighed. She had been giving a lot of really cryptic messages lately, and he was getting really sick of it. Half the time, she seemed to be angry at him, and the other half, she seemed to want to tell him something important.

`Oh well. We're not going to be finding all of the jewel shards soon, I won't be losing her anytime soon, I have long enough to tell her.' Inuyasha mentally sighed again, he really did love Kagome. He wished he could tell her, but he was afraid of getting his heart broken again, this time by the reincarnation of the person who shattered it fifty years ago.

"Come on, if this means so much to you, let's get on with it." Inuyasha walked up to the front door, and started pounding on it. A small cat youkai opened it, and ushered him inside.

"Lord Sesshomaru-sama has been waiting for you." She said. She then led them into a room off to their right, where Sesshomaru was sitting, waiting for them.

"What do you want, Hanyou?" He asked stoically.

"What do you think we want?" Inuyasha demanded.

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Now, if you are here for a reason, say something, or else leave.

"Sesshomaru-sama," Kagome spoke up, knowing Inuyasha wouldn't get them anywhere, "about a week ago, did you come across a human girl? About fifteen, brown hair, different clothing?"

"Yes."

"Umm, well, she comes from around where I live, and I was worried about her. I just want to know if she's okay. She looked really hurt the last time I saw her."

"She is fine. You may go." Sesshomaru was about to get up and leave, but Kagome spoke up again.

"Do you mind if we see her?"

Sesshomaru sighed, he could refuse, but he wasn't in the mood for it, so he acquiesced to her request.

"Kie." The cat youkai that had met them at the door stepped forward.

"Yes, Sesshomaru-sama?"

"Bring Jana here."

"Right away Sesshomaru-sama."

******************************

"Shouldn't Sesshomaru-sama be out already?" Jana asked Rin as they waited outside the doors.

"No, he spends lots of time in there...that's his dojo." The small girl explained.

"Ah..."

The two girls had been sitting outside the dojo for about an hour, telling each other about their life, and Jana telling Rin a few fables and fairy tales. Jana was starting to get a little impatient.

`This is taking too long. Maybe I should wait on the whole reading and writing thing and just tell her some more stories. Maybe teach her a few children's rhymes.' Suddenly a small, green, lumpy...thing... as Jana would describe it, appeared at her elbow.

"Jaken-sama!" Rin squealed with joy.

"Not now girl!" The thing, Jaken, said sternly, before turning to Jana. "Lord Sesshomaru-sama requests your presence immediately in the front reception room." He promptly turned and left.

`O-okay...' Jana stood up. `...HUH?...' her state of confusion must have shown on her face, because Rin said, "I guess Sesshomaru-sama isn't in his dojo. Come, he wants you in the room this way," and proceeded to pull Jana down yet another labyrinth of hallways, until they had arrived in a parlor-room where three people were sitting. Sesshomaru, and two others Jana had never seen before. She was about to ask what was going on, but one of the new people, a girl, stood and spoke.

*Hello. My name is Kagome. What's yours?* Jana was surprised...she never thought she'd meet another person who spoke English.

*My name is Jana.* She replied, *You know English?*

*Not as well as I would like...but, pretty well.*

*Does anyone else around here know it?*

Kagome shook her head. *They only speak Japanese, which is why I started talking in English...so they can't understand us.* Both girls broke out into giggles.

*Good idea. But, how did you know I speak English?*

*Well, about a week ago, I was walking through the woods, on the way to a hot spring to take a bath, and I found you laying on the ground, unconscious. You had a broken nose, and probably a broken ankle. Not only do you look different, but it was the writing on your sweatshirt that gave you away. Notre Dame is the college I want to go to.* Jana nodded in understanding. *Anyway, I went to get help, and by the time we got back to where you had been, you were gone.*

*Ah. So, where, or when, am I, and how are you so much more familiar with where I come from then these guys?* Jana indicated Sesshomaru and the guy that had yet to speak. They were both, well, the new guy, was staring at Kagome and Jana as though they had just turned into chickens and back. Sesshomaru had his usual expression on his face.

`That new guy looks a lot like Sesshomaru.' She mused. `But nowhere near as hot.'

*Hold on. I have to do something first.* Kagome turned to the two men and bowed.

"Thank you Sesshomaru-sama for allowing me to speak to Jana, it has put my mind at rest. I must ask one more favor of you, though." She paused, waiting for acknowledgement. When Sesshomaru motioned for her to go on, she did. "I would ask that you please extend your hospitality to Inuyasha and I so that I may answer any questions that Jana has about...certain things. It would only take a day, two at the most. Please."

Sesshomaru looked the girl over, then turned to Jana, thinking. He could see the hope on her face, and was reminded of Rin when she hoped for things. Sighing inwardly, he nodded curtly.

"On one condition." Kagome puased. "You and the hanyou stay out of my sight." Kagome sighed in relief.

"Of course, Sesshomaru-sama." Then Sesshomaru was gone, moving too fast for any but Inuyasha to even remotely follow.

*Come, Jana, I must introduce you to my companion.* Kagome switched back to Japanese. "Jana, this is Inuyasha, Sesshomaru's half brother. Inuyasha," The man who looked like Sesshomaru stepped forward, "This is Jana, she is from my time, but another country. She speaks a different language from Japanese, so you might have a hard time following our conversations."

Inuyasha had long ago given up trying to understand what was going on, so he just nodded.

"Come, Kagome, Inuyasha, you must meet my new daughter. I just adopted her, and her name is Rin."

*And Kagome, you need to explain some things to me.*The three left the room to find Rin, with Kagome explaining to Jana what had happened to her and where she was.

END CHAPTER

**********************************

Here's chappie number five! Hope you enjoy, please review! Happy Thanksgiving!

writer03