InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Birth of Love ❯ Sleep now ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome and Inuyasha, along with Miroku and Sango sat down to a lunch of some type of cooked bird, they dare not ask what, some warm bread that was retrieved from the baker along with some honey, fruits and milk.

"Mm...." Sango said, breaking the silence, "This is very good."

Inuyasha smirked. "Of course it is! I cooked it!"

Kagome rolled her eyes. "And what about all those times you've burnt it? Huh?"

Inuyasha bit his lip as the others tried to hold back a laugh. "Well, I haven't done that in a while."

Kagome giggled. "Let's just eat, and then go to the meadow, okay?"

Sango agreed. Miroku and Inuyasha groaned. "There's nothing to do out there!" they said.

"Yes there is." Kagome smiled.

"Like what?" Inuyasha asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Like you'll have to wait and see."

"Feh......"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

After they had finished eating, they left for the meadow. Kagome walked along with Sango, and Miroku walked with Inuyasha. "Are we there yet?" Miroku groaned.

"Nope."

"Ah man!"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. "Shut up. Even the girls are taking the walk better than you." he grumbled.

Miroku heard the insult and slowed down to where he was walking along side Sango and Kagome. "Hello ladies...." he said with a mischevious grin crossing his face.

"Don't think about it." Sango warned, giving him a glare.

Miroku then sped back up. "Hmph. Like I was going to do anything anyways."

Inuyasha shook his head. "Stupid lech."

Kagome sped up and walked shortly behind Inuyasha. "Hey," she said, tapping him on the shoulder. He looked back, never stopping. "We should be nearing it."

"Duh....Ya think?!"

"Why are you being so coarse with me?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Gomen Kagome. I don't mean to be. I just don't see the purpose of going to the meadows. There is really nothing to do."

"^-^ I've got a plan." Kagome smiled. "We won't be board."

"Feh...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I could be REALlY mean and leave it off there, but I'm not THAT cruel! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I wonder what she has planned?' Inuyasha thought as he watched Kagome run ahead.

"Perfect!" she smiled. She climbed on the high-roots of a tree and looked around.

"Kagome-sama?"

"Hai Sango?"

"What are you doing?"

"Seeing if we could play tag."

"Tag?" they said unanimously. They exchanged grins and ran to her.

"So that was your plan all along?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded. "And the area's perfect." she smiled.

"Hmph. Maybe we won't be bored after all." Inuyasha admitted.

"You won't!" Kagome said, leaping down from the tree, and falling into Inuyasha's arms. "Arigatou Inuyasha."

He carefully placed her down. "The tree is a free zone. If you make it back there, you can't be tagged. If someone does try to tag you while your in the free zone, they get out until another person is tagged."

"Ok." Miroku said and the other two nodded.

"Inuyasha?"

"Hmm?"

"Tag!" Kagome said, tapping his nose and running off.

"Grr...." Inuyasha bound after them, trying to descide which one to tag first. "Aha.." he said, sniffing the air, "Miroku's the closest." He quietly lept up to Miroku, who was hiding in the branches of a sapling. Miroku still heard nothing until Inuyasha snickered. He turned around just in time to see Inuyasha. "Tag, you're it." And then Inuyasha lept from the tree.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Miroku whined.

"Ah shut up and play!" he heard Inuyasha shout as he lept to find a hiding place.

Miroku jumped down from the tree. 'Hmm....' he thought, 'Who to find first......' He looked around the area and heard some giggling. "Hehe...I'll take whoever is giggling." he said quietly. He slowly crept up to the bush and moved some of it's leaves back. "Aha! I got y-Hey, you're not Kagome or Sango!"

The little girl looked at him in fear. "Rin?" called a familiar voice. The little girl looked up at the figure that was leaping down from the tree. "I told you not to move." he said warily.

"I'm sorry!" she said, hugging the figure tightly. "I won't do it again."

"Good." the figure turned to see Inuyasha standing behind Miroku. "Ah, brother, I see you were 'playing' a little game?"

Inuyasha growled but nodded.

"Be more careful. It could have been a youkai in the bush and eaten you." he said, looking at Miroku, then looking towards Kagome and Sango.

"Fine. We will be, Sesshoumaru."

"Then good-bye." he said, grabbing Rin and dissappearing.

Miroku turned to Inuyasha. "I didn't know you had a brother."

"Unfortunately, I do."

"Tag!" Miroku said and bound off before Inuyasha realized what happened. He was tricked! Miroku got him sidetracked to tag him......grr...

"I'll get you lech!"