InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Birth of Love ❯ Preparing to Learn: Miroku and Sango ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
One year later after they had seen Kouga last, Kaede approached the hut, with one thing in mind-Kagome's education. She walked into the hut with a kind expression on her face. "Inuyasha?" she called out.

"Hai?" Inuyasha said. Kaede looked and he was fixing the old shelf.

"May I talk to you?" she asked and he nodded. "Kagome is now six, right?" she asked, looking between Inuyasha and Kagome. They both nodded. "Then she needs to be taught some things."

"I can teach her everything she needs to know." Inuyasha said, crossing his arms.

"Well, can you read?" he shook his head. "Can you write?" he shook his head. "Then you can't teach her those things, can you?" He shook his head.

"Then I would like to teach her." Kagome's smile widened and she glanced at Inuyasha, hoping he'd agree.

"Feh...."

Kagome moved away from the table, her smile now a frown. Inuyasha walked over to her. "Kagome, what's wrong?"

"I want Kaede-sama to teach. I want to read!"

Inuyasha sighed. "Fine."

"Yay!" Kagome hugged Inuyasha tightly, and his eyes widened.

"Feh...."

Kagome ran up to Kaede. "Can you teach Inuyasha to read and write?" Inuyasha's eyes grew even wider.

"Hai I can." Kaede said, smiling down at the girl.

Inuyasha waved his arms in protest. "Who said I wanted to?!"

"Please?" Kagome asked, looking at him with pleading eyes.

He only looked at her for a second, and couldn't take such an innocent yet forlorn look. "Alright! Alright! I'll learn to read!"

Kagome's smile was now growing briliantly, but was pulled back to reality.

"Kagome?" asked Kaede.

"Hai?"

"We will start tomarrow morning.." she turned to look at Inuyasha, "Bring her to my shop at sunrise before the shop is open." She then got up from her chair, smiled at Inuyasha's scowling face, and left.

"Kagome....." he sighed.

"Hai Inuyasha?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"....never mind. Come on, let's eat." he said, picking her up and toting her to the table.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

The next morning came faster than they had expected. Inuyasha hadn't been able to sleep, but he didn't need to sleep anyways, so it didn't matter. He woke Kagome up, she dressed quickly, in excitement of a new adventure, they ate breakfast and left.

"Inu??" Kagome asked, walking along side him, with her tiny hand in his.

"Hai?"

"Arigatou."

"For what?"

"For letting Kaede-sama teach."

"Oh."

They walked the rest of the way in sheer silence-not even the birds were chirping

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They entered the shop just before sunrise.

"Just on time!" Kaede smiled and moved her arms in a motion to show four other children.

Inuyasha sighed as he looked at the two.

"This is Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kohako."