InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat-alyst ❯ Chapter Three: Catting Around ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Three

A/N: Sorry about the delay folks, but RL has been giving me fits lately. I’m not going to go into great detail. Let’s just say that I have had to deal with car wrecks and illnesses and leave it at that, for now. On to business - Thank you for all the kind reviews! I really appreciate them and I’m sure that my partner in crime, SimplyALady, does too. Anyway, without further ado, on to our romp. As usual, I don’t own Inuyasha and company. Besides, having Kagome and Sango around might bring out the Miroku in me! snorts Not likely; I’m too happily married and too much of a gentleman to grope a young woman. My wife, on the other hand (or on both hands), is fair game.

“We are NOT cutting open Kirara to get the jewel!” Sango positioned herself protectively in front of her transformed firecat.

“Of course not,” shouted Inuyasha, “Don’t be ridiculous!”

Kagome flinched and turned her head to look at Inuyasha. A part of her mind wondered if he had been watching some of the old American sitcoms that she had become addicted to. She hoped not and that his utterance was just a bad coincidence. She wasn’t sure she could cope with an inuhanyou spouting off random catch lines from those shows.

“Are we even that positive that Kirara has a jewel shard inside of her?” Miroku asked this question quietly as he stepped up next to Sango and Kirara. Sango had managed to slip into her kimono but Kirara was still wrapped in a blanket and she kept letting it fall open. Having never worn clothing and really having a hard time understanding the need, Kirara just didn’t pay any attention to the fact that she was giving Miroku one of the best shows of his life. And he wanted to be as close to that show as possible!

“Kagome claimed she felt a jewel shard inside of Kirara,” stated Inuyasha.

They all turned to look at Kagome in expectation.

Kagome sweat dropped. “Uuuhhh, guys?” she asked nervously.

“Well, Kagome?” prompted Inuyasha. “Come on, already! You’ve got some explaining to do!”

Kagome’s mouth dropped open slightly and just stared at Inuyasha. ‘He’s not! He can’t be! Could he?’

While Kagome was trying to get her brain in gear, Miroku decided to be Miroku. Actually, there was very little decision reached on his part. Kirara had completely dropped her blanket. This went unobserved by everyone else except Miroku. Mesmerized by that firm backside that he had seen as he awoke that morning, he slowly reached out to touch and stroke it. Soft and warm under his hand, he was startled by the sudden feeling of pressure as Kirara suddenly arched her back and pushed her backside against his palm! He was so startled that he stopped stroking and looked up at Kirara’s face in shock.

She had turned her head to look over her shoulder at him. Her eyes had a droopy, half lidded look to them and the tip of her tongue protruded slightly from her lips. “Don’t stop.” She purred softly, and flipped her tails up around his hand.

Dry mouthed, Miroku licked his lips and nodded as he moved his hand to comply when everything went dark.

“Keep your hands off her, you stupid, lecherous, hentai houshi!” screamed Sango, at the prone form of the unconscious monk.

“But, Mistress?” Kirara sounded puzzled. “Why stop? Didn’t mind, liked.”

Sango stared at Kirara, aghast. “You liked that?!”

Kirara looked at her mistress and smiled. “Felt good.” Kirara cocked her head sideways as she looked at Sango. “Not feel good to you?”

Sango’s face turned scarlet. Her mouth worked like a fish, with no sound coming out. “That’s not the point!” she finally shrieked. “He was groping you.”

Kirara blinked at her mistress slowly. “So?”

“So?!” Sango’s voice actually got louder. “He had no right to take advantage of you!”

“Take advantage? What means ‘take advantage’?” Kirara asked, slightly puzzled. “Has rubbed before and mistress didn’t mind.”

“WHAT?” Sango’s face took on a look that meant death to Miroku.

“All in pack have, except pack leader.” Kirara turned and looked at Inuyasha, who had been keeping his eyes turned away from Kirara since she hadn’t bothered to pick up her blanket.

Sango’s face cleared as what Kirara said sunk in. “You mean back rubs from when you where in your kitten form.” Sango finally noticed that Kirara was still without her blanket and bent to retrieve it. As she settled it back onto Kirara’s shoulders, she spoke again. “But those were different.”

“How?”

“Because you weren’t human looking.” Sango blushed. “It’s different now. When he rubs you like that, it’s not just a back rub.” Sango blushed even harder. “He was taking advantage of your innocence.”

Kirara’s puzzled expression cleared as her mistress spoke. “Houshi doing mating behavior?” She looked at the still unconscious monk. Then she smiled slightly. “Perhaps.”

Sango’s, Kagome’s, and Inuyasha’s eyes all looked like they would pop out of their heads. “What?”

Kirara squatted next to Miroku and reached out a hand to rub down the length of his back. “Is fit.” She gently grabbed his shoulder and turned him over. Tracing his jaw with a clawed finger, she continued. “Not ugly.” Her expression turned thoughtful. “Not cat,” she said, as if that were a point to be conceded. She turned to look at her mistress who had a rather shell shocked expression on her face.

Sango’s jaw dropped. After a few seconds, she shook her head as if to clear it and then cleared her throat. “You aren’t serious?”

Kirara cocked her head at Sango. “Why not?”

“But you’re too young.”

Kirara’s eyes widened, then she started laughing. “Am much older than I look.” A look of comprehension crossed Kirara’s face. “You think I am unmated.” She looked as if she were searching her memory for a word. “Virgin? Yes?”

Sango turned red again. “You mean you’re not?”

Kirara’s face took on a look of tolerant amusement. “Many years and mates ago.” She looked back down at Miroku, who was finally beginning to stir. “Never considered mate with human before. Might be good.” She looked around at the shocked expressions on the faces of her pack. “Has been long time. Not too picky, now.”

Everyone stared at Kirara in shock. Inuyasha found his voice first. “Oh, boy.”


A/N: Challenge - part one: identify the shows that the phrases Inuyasha used came from. Challenge - part two: suggest phrases for me to use (They must be something that I can use in context. “Nanu! Nanu! And “It’s the big one!” are out because you can’t just use them in regular conversation. It’s got to be something that looks like a coincidence.) Any phrases submitted will get proper recognition if used.