InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat-alyst ❯ Chapter Four: The Cat's Out Of The Bag ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Four

A/N: Greetings! How’s it going? Well, here is another chapter in the continuing saga of Kirara and the jewel shard. Will Miroku survive her transformation? Well, of course he will; don’t be ridiculous! The question will be whether or not he will survive without brain damage. Fortunately, he is pretty hard headed. Many thanks to my co-author, SimplyALady. I submitted this chapter to her and she had some wonderful additions. I added them almost word for word. I did change the tenses of some of her suggestions. I don’t own Inuyasha… Yada, yada , yada; you know the rest.

Miroku lay feigning unconsciousness. He had come to the conclusion that he was safer that way. ‘Dear Buddha, I have GOT to learn to control myself!’ he thought fervently. He listened briefly to the conversation that was going on above him. Thanking the Kami-sama that they weren't noticing him coming to, he adjusted his robe with every word spoken. He almost smiled. ‘Then again,’ he mused silently, ‘how often do I get a beautiful nude woman to drop into my lap like that? And who apparently is seriously contemplating a more intimate relationship with me?’ He inadvertently took a deeper breath to sigh when he caught himself and maintained control over his body, but the damage had been done.

“Oi, bouzo! Stop shamming and get your ass up!” came an annoyed hanyou voice.

Those nine words caused the conversation to stop and turn all eyes on the monk who stilled in what could only be self preservation.

“You mean he’s playing possum?” asked Kagome’s voice. Her voice was confused as she noticed the stillness. Her mind was telling her he was still out. But she trusted Inuyasha's senses, more or less.....

“Huh? What the hell is a poss-ssum?”

“Sorry! I forgot that you guys wouldn’t know what one is.” Kagome’s voice paused. “I’ll tell you later.”

“You always say that,” complained Inuyasha, “and then you never do. You told me months ago that you would explain all those things in that whatchmacallit book...the one with all the pictures and weird positions....."

"Inuyasha keep QUIET!", exclaimed the furiously blushing miko.

“So, I repeat, what the hell is a poss-ssum?”

Knowing how the hanyou can have a one track mind, Miroku figured it was safe to open his eyes and assess the situation. Spying no weapon or fist in sight, he observed his surroundings with a practiced eye.

Kagome was facing Inuyasha with an exasperated look on her face. The pinkness to her cheeks belied her frustration as she threw her hands up in the air and yelled. “Fine! It’s an animal that avoids predators by playing dead.”

Inuyasha crossed his arms, cocked an eyebrow at her, and said “Fascinating.” in a very dry manner.

Kagome’s reaction was … interesting. Her jaw dropped and she developed a slight twitch in her eyebrow.

The moment was broken when Inuyasha suddenly chuckled. “I guess that Sango could be considered some sort of predator. I mean she is a slayer. Though, usually, it’s Miroku who’s preying on unsuspecting women!”

Kagome giggled.

“I am so misunderstood.” Miroku muttered.

“I understand you just fine.” came a frosty voice from above his head.

Miroku tilted his head back so that he could see the source of the voice. An upside down Sango was glaring at him from over the top of her massive boomerang that she had grounded, strategically within reach of his head.

He quickly clambered to his feet and held his hands out in a placating manner. “Now, now my dear Lady Sango! This has been a simple misunderstanding. I was only doing what Kirara wanted me to do!”

As soon as the words had left his mouth, Miroku wished he could have called them back.

Sango exploded. She yanked Hiraikotsu up into a ready position, shouting at him the whole time. “You miserable worm! How dare you say that Kirara asked for that kind of attention! You...you IDIOT!!” As she was about to swing her weapon, said newly transformed demoness interposed herself between Sango and Miroku. She gave a little growl hiss, a warning, that paused the slayer in mid swing.

“Mistress! Wait!” she interjected, with a gentle placating purr. “What monk say is true.”

“Wh-wh-what?” Sango stammered, as she let Hiraikotsu drop. Both Inuyasha and Kagome, who were trying not to listen, couldn’t help but listen now as their own faces mirrored that of the slayer's.

Kirara turned her head to look at Miroku. “Is true that first touch, not asked for.” Miroku started sweating. Kirara looked back at her mistress. “Second touch, asked for.” She turned her head back towards Miroku and let her eyelids droop seductively. “Would ask for again.” She smiled widely as she turned her head back to face her shell shocked mistress. “Should try. Does feel good.”

Sango gaped at Kirara and turned scarlet.

Miroku chose this moment to prove that, while he might be the most intellectual of the group, he definitely wasn’t the smartest. “I would be more than happy to show you that this is true, Lady Sango.”

A rock hit him in the back of the head.

“You never learn, do you bouzou?”

Miroku turned to glare at the grinning hanyou. He rubbed the bump on the back of his head. “And just what am I in need of learning?”

“How to duck.”

Momentary confusion reflected in Miroku’s eyes. Then they widened in comprehension just before a rather solid ’thunk’ sound reverberated through the campsite as Hiraikotsu connected with the back of his head.

Inuyasha grimaced at his unconscious friend and thought, for the thousandth time, that it was a good thing that Miroku had such a thick skull.

Kirara pouted at her mistress. “Mistress! Wanted to play.” She hissed a little in irritation.

Sango gaped at Kirara. “Surely, you were not serious earlier? Miroku was taking advantage of your state Kirara.”

"So...?" Mused the feline. "I still me Mistress! Want play!"

Kirara stretched, rolling her shoulders as she did so, causing her to lose her blanket yet again. “This body different,” she explained. “These,” she ran her hands slowly over her breasts, causing her nipples to peak and Inuyasha to turn a very deep red. She shuddered slightly. “Very sensitive.” She looked at her mistress in an offended manner. “Wanted monk to explore new feelings. Til my body come back, must figure new one! Need help and play help!”

“But why that lecherous houshi?” Sango asked, almost shrilly.

“Kitsune Shippou too young.” Kirara explained as she indicated the still sleeping fox, a motherly tone creeping into her voice as she purrs in warmth. “No experience. It wrong.”

She turned and looked at the suddenly very nervous Inuyasha with a speculative look in her eye. “Pack leader old enough.” She took a step towards the frantic looking hanyou. Her eyes looking over his body despite the bagginess of his haori. "Wonder what underneath all that?"

Sango stared as Kirara reached out a hand towards Inuyasha, who was backpedaling as far and as fast he could to stay out of reach.

Kagome steamed.

Inuyasha retreated from the advancing, over amorous neko, until his back was against a tree. As she laid her hand against his chest, he seriously looked like climbing it.

“Is handsome.” Kirara stated, as she ran a finger down Inuyasha’s jaw line. She let her hand drop and turned to face a furiously advancing Kagome, the little growls reverberating from said miko causing a smile to erupt on the neko demon's features. “But has mate.”

Kagome stopped in her tracks with that announcement, a look of pure misery suddenly coming over her face as she immediately thought of Kikyo.

“Of course,” continued Kirara, “Could get mate’s permission.”

Kagome’s attention snapped back to Kirara as the neko touched her arm to get her attention. “Have permission?” she asked.

Kagome looked at Kirara through her tears. “What?” she choked out.

“Have permission?” Kirara asked softly.

Kagome shook her head. “Why ask me, Kirara?” Kagome’s voice was bitter. “I’m not his mate.”

Inuyasha heard the bitterness in her voice and wondered at it. If he hadn’t been terrified of moving and drawing attention to himself from that horny cat, he would have investigated further.

“Haven’t mated yet.” corrected Kirara, suddenly sounding very wise. “Not the same. You are mate.” Kirara smiled at Kagome as she looked at the neko with sudden hope in her eyes. “Pack leader,” she said with a sparkle of mischief in her eyes, “Afraid to say so.” Kirara turned to look at the dumbstruck hanyou. “Maybe now, he will.”

All this was too much for Inuyasha. He finally got over his paralysis and bolted into the canopy.

Kagome followed him with a bright smile on her face. As she disappeared into the undergrowth, her voice could be heard in a cheerful, almost singing manner, say “Oh, Inuyaaasha! We need to talk.”

Staring in simple shock as Kirara had somehow, without any problems, managed to do something that some considered impossible. Sango was startled as Kirara looks up at her with playful eyes.

"Play with Monk now yes?"

A/N: I believe that I will leave it there. Thanks to everyone who has submitted suggestions for the quotes. Unfortunately, I could only use the one. Several people suggested I use it and it was one that I already had in mind. (Spock was my favorite character in the original series.) My thanks to Doggieearlover, Inufan625, Inuhanyounikkie, FineNekoChamillionaira, and my partner in crime, SimplyALady for participating. ’Reunion’ is next up and then I’m not sure. Either ’Be Careful What You Do’ or ’Ties of Blood and Honor’, both of those have been on the back burner too long. I’m trying to clean everything up so that I can attempt a novel. Later, Fyrloche.