InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat-alyst ❯ Chapter Five: Cat got your tongue? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Five

ASigh Well, how is everyone today? I’m here and that is about the best I can say for it. Actually, I’m in a pretty good mood but I’m bored. I hope that you folks like this chapter. By the way, this story is getting close to wrapping up. I never intended for it to be very long, and while I have had some wonderful suggestions from my reviewers, I’m going to pretty much stick to how I decided to end this little escapade. I asked my partner in crime, SimplyALady, to include an author's note of her own at the end. And, to give credit where credit is due, the text of the story that is in bold are her contributions. I think she did a great job. I don’t own Inuyasha.

Inuyasha had finally gotten his body into gear and decided that it was time to get ‘the hell out of there’ as the saying goes. That irritating, but all too perceptive feline was too naked and too close for his comfort.

And then, when she told Kagome that he was her mate but that he simply hadn’t told her yet, all his body could think of was ‘ESCAPE’! So, he had put it into high gear and was running through the tree tops as fast as he could, and pretty much on self-preservation instinct alone.

Not that it mattered.

Because he should of known better....
He wasn’t fast enough.

Kagome saw the red and silver blur that was her hanyou leaping from tree to tree. And she knew that she was going to have to do something drastic to stop him so that she could have a little talk with the stubborn, annoying, and altogether too cute half demon.

“SIT!” she screamed at the top of her voice, knowing that he was just at the edge of her range. She half smiled when she was rewarded with a faint cry of “Aaarrgg!” as the red and silver streak suddenly disappeared straight down.

“Got you.” She smiled with a purpose as she trotted in the direction that she last seen Inuyasha, occasionally barking out a “Sit!” command to keep him in one spot until she got there. His cursing was what guided her, the rest of the way. And when she saw him she decided on the direct approach.

After all, it was the only way to get through to the stubborn idiot. After being whacked over the head by Miroku, or sat by herself, she could swear that was the only way to get his attention long enough to do anything!

“Sit!” she said softly, not wanting him to run away until she had his full attention. She walked up to him, grabbed his shoulder and, with some effort, turned him over. She noticed in interest that the rosary didn’t move; it just slid around as Inuyasha was turned.

“Dammit, Kagome!” was all that Inuyasha was able to get out before Kagome straddled him and sat on his chest. His protests died very quickly as he could see the upper portion of her thighs almost all the way to her…. He shook his head to clear it. “Kagome?” he asked in a very guarded tone. “What are you doing?”

“Getting your attention.”

He swallowed hard. “Why do you want my attention?” he asked in an almost strangled voice.

“Because I have some questions for you and I expect answers.”

“Feh!”

“Sorry, Charlie! That isn’t a good enough answer.”

Inuyasha got an annoyed look on his face. “Do I even remotely look like a tuna to you?”

The question came out of left field and stopped Kagome for a moment. “Huh?” was all she came up with until her mind made a connection. Her eyes suddenly widened as she realized where she had heard that phrase before. “You HAVE been deliberately saying things from my television set!”

“Oh, shit!” His eyes went wide as he realized that his little game had been revealed.

Kagome looked down at the very nervous hanyou. She reached down and started twirling one of the locks of his hair around her finger. “Nice try, but I won’t be distracted that easily.” She leaned over until she was nose to nose with him.

So start talking! Was Kirara telling the truth? Do you consider me your mate?”

Her eyes stayed locked on his as he drew a deep breath and began to say something, stopped, began again, stopped and finally just growled out, “Oh, to Hell with it!” Moving quickly, he brought his hands to her shoulders and pulled her to him in a hard, passionate kiss. When he broke the kiss, he was breathing hard and Kagome had a stunned look in her eyes. “Does that answer your question?”

Kagome panted as she tried to compose herself. She closed her eyes and shivered in reaction to the kiss, because it was way better then what she could ever dream of personally. When she opened them, after composing herself, Inuyasha had his head cocked and was looking at her inquisitively. “How,” she stared to speak but her voice cracked slightly. She cleared her throat and glared at the chuckling hanyou. “How long?”

Inuyasha turned his eyes from hers. “Does it matter?”

“Yes, it does.”

He turned his head back to look at her in shock at the vehemence in her voice. He gulped and prepared for the explosion. “Since Kaguya’s castle.”

Kagome’s mouth dropped open. “What?”

“Since you kissed my youkai.” He turned his face away from hers again. “It chose you as worthy of being my mate.”

“And you have been holding back from telling me since then?” Kagome’s voice dropped low with conflicting emotions. She wanted to laugh in joy, scream in anger, and cry in anguish all at the same time. The tears won. “Why? Is it just your youkai that wants me? Does your human side love Kikyo instead?”

Inuyasha growled in frustration. “Kagome, please don’t cry.” He reached up and wiped away her tears with the pad of his thumb. “One side can’t love without the other. I’m one person, youkai and human combined.” He paused, struggling to get the words right. “When I’m human, my emotions are less controlled and more out in the open. When I’m youkai, my instincts are more in control.” He put his finger over her mouth to forestall any comments until he finished. “That doesn’t make them separate beings. And my youkai wouldn’t have chosen you if my human didn’t want you, too.”

“But,” Kagome asked in confusion, “Why haven’t you told me this?” Then she poked Inuyasha hard in the chest. “And” poke “why” poke “have” poke “YOU” POKE “been” poke “seeing” poke “KIKYO!” JAB

“Because, most of the time, you told me to go!” he roared back, rubbing his chest.

“I did no such…” Kagome’s tirade trailed off. Her face paled slightly as she really thought about it. Most of the time, she did tell him to go. She would see the soul gatherers and the look on Inuyasha’s face and would send him, thinking that he would just go anyway and then get mad at him when he did go. “But you always wanted to go. You wanted to see her.”

“I wanted to make sure that she was alright and see if she had any news about Naraku. I DID swear to protect her, after all. AND, we do have a mutual enemy.” He glared at her. “You always assumed that I was going to see her so that we could court.”

“Court?” Kagome asked, momentarily distracted.

Inuyasha shrugged. “Hold hands, kiss, whatever.”

“Well, you always went and came back looking so guilty.” she accused.

He looked at her in exasperation. “That’s because I didn’t want to be separated from you and felt bad because I had left.”

“That still doesn’t tell me why you didn’t tell me that I’m your chosen mate!” Kagome felt she was on the losing side of the other argument and changed subjects to one that she might have a better chance of getting the upper hand on.

“Business before pleasure.” was the sullen and wary response.

“What?!” Kagome returned with a puzzled look.

“Business before pleasure.” the hanyou repeated. “I heard the saying on that TeeVee thing of yours.” His eyes met and held hers with a heated look. “Trust me, if we didn’t have Naraku to kill,” he growled, huskily, “you would already be my mate in every since of the word.”

He traced her jaw with the back of his finger, feeling her shiver and then, with great daring, slowly ran the back of his finger over the top of her breast. She blushed and then gasped as the finger brushed over her hidden nipple, causing it to peak against her bra, pushing out enough that you could see it through both layers of material that were between it and her hanyou’s finger.

Inuyasha suddenly stiffened, in all senses of that phrase, as the scent of Kagome’s arousal hit him. He became extremely conscious of exactly where the source of that heady aroma was coming from. His youkai was howling at him, demanding that he take right then and there what was his, and his human was seriously out of sorts, mostly because it agreed with the demon! He had to get control of this, before both halves overwhelmed his common sense and he did something that neither one was truly prepared for. “Kagome!” he rasped out, almost whining. “I think you need to get up.”

Kagome blushed at the position she was in and then got an evil look in her eyes. “Why?” she asked, all innocent. She slid down his body, playing with him. “Am I making you …” her voice suddenly trailed off and her eyes widened in shock as she suddenly felt an obstruction to her downward slide. A rather large obstruction. She slowly reached back behind her, her hand shaking slightly until she touched what was stopping her downward progress. “Oh, my God!” she breathed out.

Inuyasha’s eyes glazed over, with heady and barely controlled need. “Kagome!” he pleaded. “Stop!” He began to shake. “If you don’t …”
He gulped, hard.

Kagome leaned down and kissed this man she loved so much. “What if I don’t want to stop?” she asked, in a sultry tone while grinding here pelvis into him. “What if I want that as much as you do?” Then, blessing Sango for the knowledge that the slayer had about inuyoukai, she nipped him lightly on the neck.

Inuyasha’s body shuddered hard and he let out a loud gasp. His head suddenly snapped forward, as his morals said adios to all reason, his eyes red around the edges. His arms suddenly wrapped around this goddess that had her body against his and the youkai instincts won. “Mate.” he growled, nuzzling her neck before nipping it in return.

Kagome shuddered at the amount of raw lust that was in that voice. She decided to match it with her own. “Mate.” she growled in return, turning her return nip into a full out bite. The restraints on Inuyasha’s mind were completely blown away as the months of pent up want, need, lust, and love poured out of his soul and into his body. His world became centered on this woman who was his mate and everything faded away as he felt and heard her hunger match his own.

Needless to say, they would not be returning to their friends anytime soon, if he had anything to say about it.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888888

“Mistress? Shall we play with monk? Yes?” The feline asked happily. Her tails swishing behind her in obvious pleasure as they swish over the monk’s prone form behind them. The sensitive nerves in them telling her of his physique, underneath all those robes as her whiskers would have in her kitten form.

She most definitely liked what she was feeling....playing with the monk would be absolutely perfect....

Sango blushed at the thought that ran through her mind. Surely Kirara wasn’t suggesting that both of them … she couldn’t even complete the thought. “Kirara!” she said in shock. Her inhibitions rearing themselves, as the mere thought of it sent shivers down her spine, in ways that she should not be feeling!

“I am a good girl....I am...I really am!”
Sango stated over and over to herself.

Kirara laughed at her mistress. ‘For such an experienced fighter, she is so innocent in many ways.’ thought Kirara with affection. To be honest, Kirara sometimes thought of Sango more as one of her kits than as her mistress, but she would never tell her that. After all, it was not her fault Sango was human, although a much beloved one in her opinion. Suddenly an idea came into her mind, and a kittenish sound of pleasure erupted as she eyed her mistress with feline slyness.

“Maybe turn tables on him.” Her eyes sparkled with delicious intent. Her nature was exerting itself. She wanted to play with her ‘prey’ before she swooped in for the ‘kill’, so to speak. She sighed to herself. This was going to have one of two outcomes.

Either she was going to get her mistress to finally admit to herself how much she wanted the monk or she was going to get to experiment with just what this body could do, and she honestly didn’t know which outcome she wanted more. The idea of breaking her long dry spell was very appealing, and if her mistress wasn’t going to admit her feelings for the monk then she didn’t see the problem with enjoying the monk’s body. She was a cat after all.

Sango got a stunned and then crafty look on her face. “You mean to grope him?”

Kirara grinned as only a cat can. “Maybe.” She replied with a feline like innocence, one that had often benefited her when she was planning trouble in the past.

Sango’s look turned doubtful. “I don’t know, Kirara. He might like it too much, knowing the monk, he would wake up before we even made on step in that direction to grope us!

Grinning, as she dived into Sango’s supplies, the feline kitten purred in obvious happiness as she found what she was looking for. Being the partner to humans for as long as she had been, she was bound to pick up a thing or to!

Curious and all of a sudden a little bit wary of the neko’s obvious mischief now. Sango’s eyes widened as Kirara pulled out her spare hair ties.

“That’s why we tie him up!” Kirara said as her tails swished even more in delight.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Giggles as she slides in and casually bumps Fyrloche out of the way... A little bundle of fur in her arms purring at the attention, she writes in her own two cents worth.

Hiya! Simply here! We, that is me and my little inspiration for Kirara’s antics Zulu, wish to say we thank all of you for loving our playfulness. And also don’t ask us how this is going to end...

Even I don’t know and Fyr, won’t tell me! *sticks her tongue out at him!