InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Choices Made ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writers block along with chemistry sucks. I did find out that Fauna likes raw cookie dough though.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Seven
 
He tried again. “Kagome? Kagome. Wake up.”
 
She made a scrunched up face, then pulled the covers over her head.
 
Inuyasha was starting to get a little pissed now. “Damn it Kagome! WAKE UP!”
 
She flung the covers off of her head and gave him a glare. “What do you have against me sleeping?! I'm tired, and we are in a fucking cave…how did we end up here? Oh…is something cooking?”
 
`It wasn't a dream?' Kagome thought. `Oh shit…I said that Inuyasha wasn't nice. Well, he isn't. He wont take it personally…I hope.'
 
Inuyasha beamed. “Didn't know I could cook, did you?” He ran up to the fire, and cut off a chunk of cooked meat with his claws. “Here. Try it.”
 
“It's…actually good! That's it! You are cooking more often now Inuyasha. Besides, you hate my cooking so much, except for instant noodles, which I don't really cook. You get to make all the food now” said Kagome with an evil grin.
 
“Uh…”
 
Kagome ate in silence. She couldn't help but to notice out of the corner of her eye that Inuyasha was staring at her. She loved those golden eyes of his, and it seemed as if he was sending her warm looks…he actually held warmth in his eyes towards her. Usually it was friendly warmth, but now….it looked like his eyes held a burning warmth-a loving one. She hoped that is what she read.
 
She finished eating. “Inuyasha…shouldn't we be getting back to Miroku, Sango, and Shippo? Besides, I don't have my bag with me. They are probably really worried about us now. Besides, you know how Shippo is; he has probably eaten all the lollipops and candy by now, and has a really bad tummy ache…”
 
“Kagome, it isn't safe to go back.”
 
“Why not? How is it not safe?”
 
“It'll take us a few days to get back, and there are no caves or huts to stay in on the way back. “
 
“That never stopped us before…”
 
“-But I am human tonight…”
 
Inuyasha also secretly added to himself that he wanted to spend more time with Kagome. It was so easy to actually be more of himself towards her, and not put on his gruff exterior when only she was around. `And why does she want to go back so soon and all of a sudden? I thought that she might actually like being here with me…'
 
 
 
 
 
 
`Why I am going to that cold dead bitch is a wonder to me' thought Sesshomaru sulkily. `Maybe Kagome has gotten to me too much. Am I, starting to think that I need help and that there is good in everyone? Normally, I wouldn't even think about talking to that pile of clay.' Sesshomaru allowed himself a small sigh. `I do want Kagome to be my mate, and I do need to get back to Rin and Jaken. I'll have her put into play the first part of my plan, while I prepare the castle for the appearance of the new Lady of the Western Lands. Kikyou would surely help…this plan befits us both. I get Kagome and wont have to bother myself with Inuyasha, and Kikyou gets to take Inuyasha and do whatever she wants with him.'
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome groaned. “We have to sleep in a cave again tonight? I don't have my sleeping bag, or any food. Plus, I don't have any clean clothes and where are we going to get water from Inuyasha? Also” Kagome added sweetly, “don't you want Ramen? I have LOTS of it in my backpack…I'll let you have as much as you want and bring some extra next time”. Kagome flashed Inuyasha what she hoped was her best “you know you want to please me or I'll sit you smile”. To tell the truth, Kagome did like spending time alone with Inuyasha. He was more affectionate when they were alone. She NEEDED her backpack though. She did really want to change, and Ramen wasn't that bad all the time. Inuyasha was good cook, but she couldn't stand eating meat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Inuyasha had killed enough animals for all meals for two days.
 
“Feh. What do you need a sleeping bag for? It is summer now, and you didn't need a sleeping bag last night. You seemed perfectly fine and warm when you fell asleep in…when you fell asleep last night.”
 
She noticed that Inuyasha's cheeks were slightly pink. She was sure her own were as well. She couldn't deny that she felt content and warm with Inuyasha holding her. Would he do it tonight too? Could she persuade him to do it tonight? Eck! What was she thinking?!
 
`I'm here for the Shikon Shards…I'm here for the Shikon Shards' Kagome kept repeating this mantra to herself while slowly growing pinker and staring at the ground.
 
 
 
 
 
 
`Kami! I said something wrong…she is staring at the ground all pink looking as if she is concentrating at NOT looking at me and I think I'm pink as well.”
 
“Kagome. There is a demon around here…”
 
Kagome looked up. “I sense a jewel shard also.”
 
“Let's go” cried Inuyasha as he ran outside.
 
“WAIT FOR ME!” cried Kagome as she wildly looked for her bow and arrows, then stopped.
 
“Duh! I was kidnapped by a crazy thoughtless hanyou. Why would I have my bows and arrows with me when I'm alone with him? ARG!”
 
She walked outside to expect to hear Inuyasha yelling at her about her slowness. He was no where around.
 
 
 
 
 
I hate saying this but please review…it really does help motivate me to write, and I am thinking of a Kikyou pairing, but I am reluctant to do it because I don't really like her, but it is a really unique idea. Tell me if you love it or hate it, or her. It doesn't matter.